Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Will there be a sequel to Independence Day:Resurgence?

Will there be a sequel to Independence Day:Resurgence or is the Independence Day franchise pretty much dead after Independence Day:Resurgence flopped at the box office?

I sure hope not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Independence Day:Resurgence was major let down... not that I expected anything to begin with and considering how it was perceived I doubt the franchise will ever see light again....
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    No...

Please ...no.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Its possible although I doubt it is high on any list to get done. It does look like it probably made a profit in the end all be it a meager one.

It was certainly setup for one. Seemed caught up in trying to make the cinematic universe that marvel has created and so many are trying to emulate today. But let us be honest they went so *big* and so out of control in this one that it didn't bare much relation to the original and the next movie would bare hardly any relation to it. I mean the solution in their story telling seems to just go bigger. So they had city sized ships in the 90s and we were like.. HOLY SHIT BIG! In this one they had planet sized ships with SUPER SIZED alien queen and it was like UMMMM THATS BIG BUT LOOKS DUMB AS FUCK! In the next one was it going to go to solar system sized ships? Then when we take out the city sized alien it just flies away dead too? I mean that is the rut they have created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialsniper View Post
    Will there be a sequel to Independence Day:Resurgence or is the Independence Day franchise pretty much dead after Independence Day:Resurgence flopped at the box office?
    I'm pretty sure the planned sequels are dead, given the performance of the last one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It was certainly setup for one. Seemed caught up in trying to make the cinematic universe that marvel has created and so many are trying to emulate today. But let us be honest they went so *big* and so out of control in this one that it didn't bare much relation to the original and the next movie would bare hardly any relation to it. I mean the solution in their story telling seems to just go bigger. So they had city sized ships in the 90s and we were like.. HOLY SHIT BIG! In this one they had planet sized ships with SUPER SIZED alien queen and it was like UMMMM THATS BIG BUT LOOKS DUMB AS FUCK! In the next one was it going to go to solar system sized ships? Then when we take out the city sized alien it just flies away dead too? I mean that is the rut they have created.
    I agree, the Godzilla-sized queen just screamed 'MICHAEL BAY SCHOOL OF SEQUELS' to me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    They say bad things come in threes...

Didn’t they say the wanted to make it a trilogy
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    If it has Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum, I'm game.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Hopefully not.

The first Independence Day made a decent popcorn movie, Resurgence was just shit all the way through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Brent Spiner needs to be cast in something.

But good god I hope not.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    If it has Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum, I'm game.
    Will Smith's char was killed off-screen cause he was a douche when negotiating his pay for an eventual return. So they sent him a message with the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Will Smith's char was killed off-screen cause he was a douche when negotiating his pay for an eventual return. So they sent him a message with the film.
    Yup.
    And when I heard about it, and the addendum that he wanted his son in the movie, I wrote the rest of his career off.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they are going to make a reboot.
    Melissa McCarthy plays the Goldblum part and Beyoncé instead of Will Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yup.
    And when I heard about it, and the addendum that he wanted his son in the movie, I wrote the rest of his career off.
    And his son is an extremely weak actor. It's not the first time he tries this. This nepotism also made me write off Will Smith.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree, the Godzilla-sized queen just screamed 'MICHAEL BAY SCHOOL OF SEQUELS' to me.
    They lost me when the mother ship spread across the Atlantic. That alone would have been the end of the planet, quite possibly knocking it off its orbital plane and sending us into a deep freeze.
    Then there was the Queen....... Oh boy.

Cast was week to mediocre at best, storyline just plain idiotic, Would have been much better if the ship was just parked in orbit, and the queen was never in it.

Would like to see a third one, just to see how much more they can ruin what could have been one of the best alien invasion genre of films.

15+ Year Old Account
    The second one was good enough that I hope there will be more. If not ID3, then something that resembles it.
    Mature sci-fi is always welcome in my book. Fuck all this new shit that is created to appeal to the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    The second one was good enough that I hope there will be more. If not ID3, then something that resembles it.
    Mature sci-fi is always welcome in my book. Fuck all this new shit that is created to appeal to the kids.
    The larger-than-the-moon size ship that lands like a fly on a cherry sure seemed mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadion View Post
    They say bad things come in threes...
    I don't know who your friends are, but they are the only ones saying that.