Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Please add a subforum for French speakers only.

Almost everyone that runs mmo-champ is from Europe anyway so pls implement this, tyvm.
    change can't wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont be mean to sarah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Almost everyone that runs mmo-champ is from Europe anyway so pls implement this, tyvm.
    As a french Canadian, I don't think it's necessary. I mean, English is pretty much the largest spoken language. It'd be more... complicated to moderate two languages at once.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    As a french Canadian, I don't think it's necessary. I mean, English is pretty much the largest spoken language. It'd be more... complicated to moderate two languages at once.
    Doesn't Curse also own the site now so double the reason to enforce English only?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    it’s unfair that we’re all expected to be amazing at English though. like sometimes you just wanna speak what you wanna speak but youre wary of posting it because someone with no other argument would be like “ha do you even English?”
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    it’s unfair that we’re all expected to be amazing at English though. like sometimes you just wanna speak what you wanna speak but youre wary of posting it because someone with no other argument would be like “ha do you even English?”
    There are idiotic arses in French too. Having a french subforum won't fix that. Plus, most people can understand what you mean even if your english isn't top-notch.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.
    Already covered.

Unless we had a French version of virtually every forum, would it really help?

MMO-Champion is an English speaking forum. I have nothing against people who speak French, I just don't see the need (or even the benefit) of adding a forum like this on MMO-Champion.

Personally I don't critique people on their usage of the English language because I know that English is not everyone's first language; those who do are most likely just trolling anyways, best to stick them on ignore and move on with your life. I only mention things when I am confused by how someone is wording something, and I don't ask in a condescending way. (I do make exceptions for correcting people if they literally mention the wrong character/person/etc, and this is an example of what I mean above.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, Québécois here. How about no. Both the French and the younger generation in Québec are absolutely insufferable.

Surtout les Français.

Voulez-v-ew no.

Deleted
    How about typing in le English

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Hi, Québécois here. How about no. Both the French and the younger generation in Québec are absolutely insufferable.

Surtout les Français.
    Vous n'aimez pas les français! :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    How about typing in le English
    yours and sykol’s condecseding replies are exactly why this is a necessity.
    change can't wait.

that's funny you say that as a frenchmen, a bit ironic

That said, most English people suck at English as well. You're not in a small crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Vous n'aimez pas les français! :/
    I mean it takes all of 10 minutes of reading about Quebec to know that they treat the French language as a form of rampant nationalism. This isn't a good thing

10+ Year Old Account
    So? That doesn't mean that they speak french.

yours and sykol’s condecseding replies are exactly why this is a necessity.
    You're not going to be able to take a joke any better in French than you do in English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    that's funny you say that as a frenchmen, a bit ironic

That said, most English people suck at English as well. You're not in a small crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it takes all of 10 minutes of reading about Quebec to know that they treat the French language as a form of rampant nationalism. This isn't a good thing
    I’m not from France, I just thought it was funny/expected that as a québécois he said the french were worse that bratty teenagers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You're not going to be able to take a joke any better in French than you do in English.
    I chuckled at “le English” but overall it’s still ignorant towards other cultures.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    why french tho, thats not the language of europe
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    So? That doesn't mean that they speak french.
    I’m 90% sure the sites founder is french.
    change can't wait.

*french accent* No.

I chuckled at “le English” but overall it’s still ignorant towards other cultures.
    Nothing says acceptance of cultures like segregation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.
    I can hear the REE from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    The winner is not always the bad ass.