Leveling Herbalism for BFA

Hi,

I will be picking herbalism as a new profession, should I start farming from 1-800, or should I wait for the prebatch since I read somewhere that they will squish the skill cap; which will make leveling a new profession much more easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seexy View Post
    Hi,

I will be picking herbalism as a new profession, should I start farming from 1-800, or should I wait for the prebatch since I read somewhere that they will squish the skill cap; which will make leveling a new profession much more easier ?
    Professions are totally being changed up in BFA. Each expansion will be broken up into its own 1-100 skill level. So classic herbalism will have its own 1-100 bar, BC its own, and so on. People who have professions maxed now will have 100 in all the expansions' bars for now. So you'll be able to begin levelling BFA herbalism at 1 to 100 right away. You can totally go back and level the other ones whenever you want.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Professions are totally being changed up in BFA. Each expansion will be broken up into its own 1-100 skill level. So classic herbalism will have its own 1-100 bar, BC its own, and so on. People who have professions maxed now will have 100 in all the expansions' bars for now. So you'll be able to begin levelling BFA herbalism at 1 to 100 right away. You can totally go back and level the other ones whenever you want.

So, as soon as BFA is launched on 14th of august, does this means that; a player with 0 skill in herbalism will be able to collect herbs effectively at the same level compared to a player who have 800 skill currently ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seexy View Post
    So, as soon as BFA is launched on 14th of august, does this means that; a player with 0 skill in herbalism will be able to collect herbs effectively at the same level compared to a player who have 800 skill currently ?
    Yup. Everyone who goes and buys training for BFA herbalism or however it goes will be at 1/100 and even.

Having 800 herbalism now just means you'll have 100 in classic, BC, wrath, cata, etc herbalism. Blizz made a statement on it. Having say 450 herbalism will give you 100 in classic, bc, wrath, and cata, and 50 in MoP herbalism, and so forth.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yup. Everyone who goes and buys training for BFA herbalism or however it goes will be at 1/100 and even.

Having 800 herbalism now just means you'll have 100 in classic, BC, wrath, cata, etc herbalism. Blizz made a statement on it. Having say 450 herbalism will give you 100 in classic, bc, wrath, and cata, and 50 in MoP herbalism, and so forth.
    Thank you

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would wait because I just checked mine and its really I have minning and eng on my hunter and it max at 100 but when I go to my shaman and she has bs and minning the max is 300 ?? and the ach and herb is at 100 I don't underatnd why its like that,?

Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    I would wait because I just checked mine and its really I have minning and eng on my hunter and it max at 100 but when I go to my shaman and she has bs and minning the max is 300 ?? and the ach and herb is at 100 I don't underatnd why its like that,?
    There are several parallel tiers in each profession for each expansion. The one for classic maxes at 300, the ones for expansions max at 75 or 100 depending on which expansion it is. You are likely seeing the figure for the classic tier for bs and mining, and the figure for some other (legion?) tier for alch and herbalism.