Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, and "Fucking shit" or "Damn asshole" don't seem to be triggering bans. Only bigoted slurs rather than just regular vulgarity.
    I don't think that it will take long until they ban other words. Doesn't make any sense to make projections about this type of shit though.

Alternatively...they can do both at once. A decision like this is more a policy move than anything that would require serious development time.
    They could. And if you could point me to where they are doing so, I'll take back my comment.

Until then, it's simply a case of "Wokeness". Wouldn't' surprise me if they would take a company full day off to train their developers in racial-bias training in order to better implement this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Dealing with that instead of (or rather, faster than) the game-play issues that pester the game is, in fact, getting woke.
    Or they could be dealing with both and one just takes longer to deal with then the other?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Or they could be dealing with both and one just takes longer to deal with then the other?
    Yet here we are talking about subject A and not subject B. Until then... we'll never know if they indeed are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I think that people will say the most offensive shit that comes into their minds without giving it much thought. So in that regard I don't think it's much different.
    I have resisted doing this for decades and in my experience people tend to have "go to" methods of swearing. I am more prone to using "god fucking damn it" while some of my friends are more the "son of a bitch" or "motherfucker" types. I do not recall any of them ever belting out hate speech during any of our gaming sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Actually his record label does. Whose side would you be on if they said he, or any rapper, cant say it?
    A rapper can say whatever they want, Ubisoft can control there game however they want.

Also actually his record label doesn't run the show on Rainbow 6 siege no clue where you got that from.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

As much as I think people should grow thicker skin, I don't care about this when concerning obvious normie-filled games.

Never really use slurs myself but can't bring myself to care about those who do. Knowing several people who use slurs while themselves are far more principled and honest in their actons than many who put up the inoffensive front, I don't use words spoken to judge others—only their actions (inb4 "speaking is an action" gymnastics).

I'm content as someone who plays mostly normie-unfriendly games.

Yet here we are talking about subject A and not subject B. Until then... we'll never know if they indeed are.
    Seeing how they have publicly stated they are working on the TK issue and have put some things in place for it. Ya we do know that they are.

hey look from the same website as the current story. (google is your friend)

https://www.pcmag.com/news/357475/ub...-rainbow-six-s

I don't think that it will take long until they ban other words. Doesn't make any sense to make projections about this type of shit though.
    Alright, and if they want to...so what? It's their game. If you want to play it, follow their rules. If you can't play a game without cursing in chat, then maybe you need to re-evaluate who you are as a person or what activities you spend your time on.

They could. And if you could point me to where they are doing so, I'll take back my comment.
    I don't know as I don't play the game. But this isn't the type of thing that folks spending time on weapon/operator balance, or creating maps etc. are going to be spending time on. This isn't what artists creating new skins are spending time on. This isn't what gameplay designer are spending time on.

Until then, it's simply a case of "Wokeness". Wouldn't' surprise me if they would take a company full day off to train their developers in racial-bias training in order to better implement this.
    And bias training would be bad because...?

I mean, most of the complaints in this thread seem mostly centered around, "Oh heavens, Ubisoft wants their players to respectful towards one another. How dreadful."

Seeing how they have publiced stated they are working on the TK issue and have put some things in place for it. Ya we do know that they are.

hey look from the same website as the current story.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/357475/ub...-rainbow-six-s
    Yet here we are virtue signalling an automatic system that will do fuck all, since we'll just see "Mothertruckers" and "Nibbas" instead *shrugs*
    But they can all feel better now that they are fixing the real problems!

- - - Updated - - -

And bias training would be bad because...?
    Major snort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually his record label does. Whose side would you be on if they said he, or any rapper, cant say it?
    Why are you so fucking hung up on this? The topic isn't about rappers, or shit that rappers say. It is about a GAME DEVELOPER taking action against shitty people in a GAME.

Take Elsa's advice. Let it go.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    A rapper can say whatever they want, Ubisoft can control there game however they want.

Also actually his record label doesn't run the show on Rainbow 6 siege no clue where you got that from.
    Ok you didnt understand the question. Anyway, my point is its unfair ubi is ignoring context for just doing blanket bans. Ill be waiting when they ban a black streamer for saying nigga and watch the shitstorm with an i told you so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Why are you so fucking hung up on this? The topic isn't about rappers and shit rappers say. It is about a GAME DEVELOPER taking action against shitty people in a GAME.

Im hung up for asking a question? Thought thats what a forum was for. I also didnt bring it up in the first place.

Yet here we are virtue signalling an automatic system that will do fuck all, since we'll just see "Mothertruckers" and "Nibbas" instead *shrugs*
    But they can all feel better now that they are fixing the real problems!
    And guess what those will be flagged as well and people will be banned. But hey if you want to keep spending $60 over and over just to be banned 5min's into a match by all means go for it.

Alright, and if they want to...so what? It's their game. If you want to play it, follow their rules. If you can't play a game without cursing in chat, then maybe you need to re-evaluate who you are as a person or what activities you spend your time on.
    Of course I follow their rules. Don't want to get banned for stupid shit like this. I merely think that the whole debate is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Why are you so fucking hung up on this? The topic isn't about rappers and shit rappers say. It is about a GAME DEVELOPER taking action against shitty people in a GAME.

People get weird about any policing of racist language these days. Kind of seems suspicious yeah?

Ok you didnt understand the question. Anyway, my point is its unfair ubi is ignoring context for just doing blanket bans. Ill be waiting when they ban a black streamer for saying nigga and watch the shitstorm with an i told you so.
    Actually it isn't unfair if Ubisoft ignores anything. The game belongs to Ubisoft, Not you, Not Me and not people who want to use slurr's. If Ubisoft wants to make it where just speaking or firing your gun gets you banned that is there choice.

You ether play the game by there rule or you leave.

FYI
    Ill be waiting when they ban a black streamer for saying nigga
    Its already against Twitch and I assume Youtube/Mixer TOS to say that on stream. You can be banned for it.

And guess what those will be flagged as well and people will be banned. But hey if you want to keep spending $60 over and over just to be banned 5min's into a match by all means go for it.
    And new meme words will arise. See now how it's a flawed system?

After the Nibba-meme, it can very well be Nicca-meme. Time to ban all the shit! Maximum wokeness!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    People get weird about any policing of racist language these days. Kind of seems suspicious yeah?
    Ive never been banned from anything because i dont use it.

Of course I follow their rules. Don't want to get banned for stupid shit like this. I merely think that the whole debate is silly.
    I think having a less toxic community is a good thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually it isn't unfair if Ubisoft ignores anything. The game belongs to Ubisoft, Not you, Not Me and not people who want to use slurr's. If Ubisoft wants to make it where just speaking or firing your gun gets you banned that is there choice.

You ether play the game by there rule or you leave.

FYI

Its already against Twitch and I assume Youtube/Mixer TOS to say that on stream. You can be banned for it.
    Ive heard sky williams say nigga plenty so even if it is, its not enforced.