Voters
89. This poll is closed
  • Digital purcahse only

70 78.65%
  • Physical box and digital

19 21.35%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Classic WoW be a digital only purchase, or also physical box?

Classic WoW Collector's Edition would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    since you can no longer use CD authentication anymore it will be exclusively a digital download like all 'remastered' games from the pre windows 10 era, why do you think the current BFA collectors edition doesn't have a disc anymore?

Deleted
    I doubt they would do a physical box, it would make no sense.

No, it would not.

And i'm pretty confident it will be digital only.

Since they're using the retail client a physical copy isn't really possible. Unless they bundle it with the next expansion. But it'll just be a server selection in the WoW client so.

I haven't really thought about it, I just assumed it would be something you'd d/l on your Bnet App.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Since they're using the retail client a physical copy isn't really possible. Unless they bundle it with the next expansion. But it'll just be a server selection in the WoW client so.
    I am willing to bet that they give it free with BFA and for people that want to buy it they charge similar cost to BFA and BFA is included with it.......It will be anything to get BFA in the hands of more people.

I already paid for classic years and years ago...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    Classic WoW Collector's Edition would be awesome
    Most likely digital purchase only. Would be a waste of finances to relaunch the whole thing as physical copies again when it isn't your main franchise. Would be misleading to launch classic as a physical copy when it isn't the priority product.

Most likely going to be digital only, and connected to our current live subscription. Would be the best marketing strategy, to have it as a subscription through the main product, and permitting people to download it for free.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windirmere View Post
    I already paid for classic years and years ago...
    Exactly my view too. Cold day in hell before I pay for something I already have. I seriously doubt we'll have to buy special vanilla if we already own reg vanilla. The forum rage would be waaaayyyyy worse that the whole "flight fit, no fly no buy" a while ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's been unlikely that there will be a physical copy for sale, although it would be great.

No. Even the collector edition will be digital (even though a physical one would be fucking cool)

I'm surprised it will be a purchase at all. Is that confirmed?
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzlehoof View Post
    I doubt they would do a physical box, it would make no sense.
    Halo anniversary Edition. - Physical Copy

Every remaster of any game ever made - Physical copy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I'm surprised it will be a purchase at all. Is that confirmed?
    What's the point of spending development resources on something that will gain 0 profit ?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it DOES have a physical collector's edition then I'll definitely buy a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post

What's the point of spending development resources on something that will gain 0 profit ?
    Maintain and gain subs, of course.
    Mother pus bucket!

Well i have played wow on and off almost since european release so i feel like it should be free for me and others in a similar situation, im ok with monthly sub but i should not have to buy it omce more

Quote Originally Posted by Buskb View Post
    Well i have played wow on and off almost since european release so i feel like it should be free for me and others in a similar situation, im ok with monthly sub but i should not have to buy it omce more
    You bought and played vanilla wow but not classic.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    You bought and played vanilla wow but not classic.
    Classic is supposed to be vanille rerelease

They can go fuck themselves if they actually charge for it beyond the subscription fee