Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    More was put into the Vulpera than any of the allied races so far, except Kul Tirans. Every other race has mostly just been a relatively slight modification to an existing race, while the Vulpera actually have different faces, an entire tail, way more skin colors, etc.

While there have been NPCs that can wear player armor in the past, they have never had this much customization or uniqueness from other races because it was never necessary. They're absolutely going to be a new race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa or bust! Rawwwkkk.

We've seen a few hints for the Alliance in BfA

1. The Rusted Vault in Tiragarde Sound - The seems like a nod to the Dwemer and I would expect some kind of mechanical allied race recruited by Mekkatorque. I would look intently into the new Hearthstone expansion for clues. Considering we say Tortollans introduced way back in Journey to Ungoro and Drust hinted in Witchwood

2. Wrathion rebulding the Black Dragonflight - This one is pretty strong foreshadowing. In one of the island expeditions you get an item called the Unscarred Black Scale. You have to try to find Wrathion in Blackrock Mountain. And while you can't find him currently, this Blacktalon agents have been added to the uninstanced areas of BWL. We also know that Wrathion was originally present in the Aliiance Emissary barracks. Very likely IMO that the Alliance are getting shapeshifting Black Dragonkin as their Worgen parallel allied race

So I imagine it look like this :

8.1 - H - Zandalari / A - Kul Tirans
    8.2 - H - Vulpera / A - Blacktalon
    8.3 - H - ??????? / A - Rusted Vault Gnome Creations / N - Tortollans

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    I don't think people quite understand the concept of Allied Races.
    The reason they are Allies and not full-fledged members, is because they are really just a sub-sect of races that are allready part of the Horde and the Alliance.

Void Elves (Blood/High Elves)
    Highmountain Tauren (Tauren)
    Lightforged Draenei (Draenei)
    Nightborne (Night Elves)
    Dark Iron Dwarves (Dwarves)
    Zandalari Trolls (Trolls)
    Kul Tiran Humans (Humans)
    Mag'har Orcs (Orcs)

If we are to get other Allied Races in the future, it won't be totally new races, like the Vulpera, but sub-sects of races we already have, such as Forsaken, Goblins, Gnomes, Worgen, etc,.

If the Vulpera does become playable eventually, which I'm all for, they'll be actual races and not Allied Races.
    No, they are called Allied Races instead of subraces EXPLICITLY so they could do things like Vulpera. It isn't a subrace of an existing race, but they use 90% Goblin animations to save on development time and resources. So it follows the same structure as the existing allied races. This also allows them to do something like Mok'nathal.

They wouldn't exist if Goblins weren't getting updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Unlikely, all allied races have mirror each other so far. The four pre-release races were all from new Legion content, Dark Iron/Mag'Har are old world content and Kul'Tiran and Zandalari are the new expansion main faction races.
    throwin mag'har and dark iron in the same bucket is extremly far fetched
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    I don't think people quite understand the concept of Allied Races.
    The reason they are Allies and not full-fledged members, is because they are really just a sub-sect of races that are allready part of the Horde and the Alliance.

Void Elves (Blood/High Elves)
    Highmountain Tauren (Tauren)
    Lightforged Draenei (Draenei)
    Nightborne (Night Elves)
    Dark Iron Dwarves (Dwarves)
    Zandalari Trolls (Trolls)
    Kul Tiran Humans (Humans)
    Mag'har Orcs (Orcs)

If we are to get other Allied Races in the future, it won't be totally new races, like the Vulpera, but sub-sects of races we already have, such as Forsaken, Goblins, Gnomes, Worgen, etc,.

If the Vulpera does become playable eventually, which I'm all for, they'll be actual races and not Allied Races.
    Allied races are basically just races that use existing assets. Vulpera already use the goblim skeleton and a lot of pre-existing goblin animations with detailed facial reactions. So I doubt Blizzard is going to completely remodel vulpera a second time and give a totally new skeleton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

1. The Rusted Vault in Tiragarde Sound - The seems like a nod to the Dwemer and I would expect some kind of mechanical allied race recruited by Mekkatorque. I would look intently into the new Hearthstone expansion for clues. Considering we say Tortollans introduced way back in Journey to Ungoro and Drust hinted in Witchwood

2. Wrathion rebulding the Black Dragonflight - This one is pretty strong foreshadowing. In one of the island expeditions you get an item called the Unscarred Black Scale. You have to try to find Wrathion in Blackrock Mountain. And while you can't find him currently, this Blacktalon agents have been added to the uninstanced areas of BWL. We also know that Wrathion was originally present in the Aliiance Emissary barracks. Very likely IMO that the Alliance are getting shapeshifting Black Dragonkin as their Worgen parallel allied race

That reminds me of a fanfic idea I had a while back for a concept of Middle Eastern-themed humans loyal to Wrathion who were granted the power to transform into dragonmen. Their human forms would have skin tones ranging to olive to dark brown with glowing red eyes and slight draconic features like feint patches of scales (not to dissimilar to some of the DH's skins) to signify an imperfect mutation. Their hairstyles (based on a variety of different braided hairstyles) would translate over to distinct horn and fin combinations in their draconic forms.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Sehtrak, obviously?
    the sethrak are much more favoured to the alliance then the horde after they work more and more kindly with the alliance.
    What? No, no they do not. Where did you get that idea?

The Horde quests way, way more with the Sethrak and even help overthrow the evil Sethrak leader and are the canon faction that does the Sethrak related dungeon.

Alliance spends like 5 minutes helping the sethrak then the next time the Alliance is in Vol'dun it's to murder archaeologists and exiles.

I swear to god if they put in the damn furries before they let me play an ogre...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No offense, Shoc, but this is extremely unlikely. Unlike Vulpera, the Tortollan have very limited options, and also cannot wear gear. Blizzard isn't going to make a race that can't wear armor like everyone else, and the Tortollan simply can't. Their giant shells make that nearly impossible.
    If Vulpera ever are added, I don't think it would be anytime soon. I would not be surprised to see them become available with the pre-purchase of the next expansion after BFA. That would be consistent with the Legion races being made playable at the end of their relevant expansion. If so, they still have a lot of time to develop proper player models for them, after all, the Nightborne didn't have freely customizable armor on their models either.

The only limitation to playable Tortollans is whether or not they'll have a visible cape.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think if we prioritize gameplay mechanics, the options are laid out quite obviously for us.

Talanji's Expedition (Horde)
    Princess Talanji and her allies fight to protect Zandalar from the onslaught of the Blood Trolls

Zandalari Empire (Horde) - Likely unlocks Zandalari
    The oldest empire of Azeroth, the Zandalari are powerful trolls who bargain with fearsome loa and whose navy is unmatched on the Great Sea.

The Honorbound (Horde) - Unlocks Mag'har
    A special delegation of the Horde army, focused on disrupting Alliance operations in Kul Tiras.

Proudmoore Admiralty (Alliance) - Likely Unlocks Kul Tiran Humans
    Masters of the sea and commanders of Azeroth's finest navy, the distinguished Proudmoore family has led Kul Tiras for decades from their seat of power in Boralus

7th Legion (Alliance) - Unlocks Dark Iron Dwarves
    An elite special force delegation of the Alliance army, currently focused on disrupting Horde operations in Zandalar.

Storm's Wake (Alliance)
    Home to farmers, craftsmen, soldiers, and the mysterious tidesages, the Storm's Wake seeks to reclaim Stormsong Valley and affirm their place in Kul Tiras.

Voldunai - Likely Unlocks Vulpera
    Comprised of exiles and scavengers, the Voldunai use their knowledge of the sands to thrive where others would wither and die

Order of Embers
    An ancient Kul Tiran order resurrected to battle the threat of witchcraft, the Order of Embers fights with knowledge guiding their blades

Champions of Azeroth

Tortollan Seekers ***********

I think, based on the current Battle for Azeroth reputation factions, the Alliance equivalent to Vulpera would be Tortollan.

BUT consider that there are friendly Vulpera and Tortollans on both Kul Tiras and Zandalar. I think it is very likely that Vulpera and Tortollan could both be Neutral Allied Races.
    Voldunai is actually a Horde only rep. There's a bug in beta where you can get neutral with them as Alliance, but there's no way to actually earn rep with them.

Also, of note, is the Voldunai is not just the foxes, it's the faction for foxes, snakes, and zandalari exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Actually, Vulpera originally didn't have models capable of supporting player equipment, that was added later. At first they were like the Sethrak are currently - with armour glued on to their bodies. And then they were in one patch given player-grade models and after that animations that only make sense for playable races, including several unique ones. Sethrak also have several unique animations (sleep and swim) and also the Heart of Azeroth holding animation, the only thing they lack is the ability to wear player armour and separate female models (except for Sethraliss, who shows that females aren't that different for male Sethrak anyway). As for the helmets, have you seen what worgens have to wear sometimes, even in expansions made after they were released? Helmets on Sethrak would be only marginally worse, and their hypothetical racial armour would be made specifically for them anyway.

Also, leper gnomes are not a proper race, they are diseased, insane and curable members of another race.
    That so? I'm pretty sure Vulpera were built on the Goblin rig from the get-go, meaning all the armor was already fit to attach with minor tweaks. Then they added the unique sleep animations later, but still pretty early on. Either way they've gotten way more attention in that regard than Sethrakk. That and the lack of sexual dimorphism in the game that makes existing races look like complete aliens from one other? I still don't see it happening, lol. Would still love it, though. Arakkoa too, but alas.

Also Void Elves aren't a proper race either if that's what you're going on. They're just high elves that dabbled in the void. Give them a light bath and I'm sure they'd be "cured" as well. Still I'd like for the gnomes to get Gnomeregan back, lol. It's been in a constant state of "liberation" for years. Plus if Vulpera indeed become playable, it'd make sense for the Alliance to get another small race as well. Who knows. Just spitballing really. In truth Alliance will probably get another asspull like lightforged undead or something equally dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

I have been waiting for dragonkin for over a decade, bliz plz.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/vulpera-race-in-voldun

http://ptr.wowhead.com/sethrak-race-in-voldun

Please take the time to educate yourselves on a few things about the vulpera and sethrak. For the vulpera, understand the origins of their models, understand the polish they have that goes beyond even the Kul Tiran, and understand the other subtle hints from the choices of animations for them. For the sethrak, understand the fact that the Alliance meet the sethrak first, chronologically, and share the same world quests as the Horde have, understand the significance of ArtOffLoop, understand the significance of Sethraliss' model, and understand how snakes can indeed wear helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasAmaranth View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/vulpera-race-in-voldun

http://ptr.wowhead.com/sethrak-race-in-voldun

Please take the time to educate yourselves on a few things about the vulpera and sethrak. For the vulpera, understand the origins of their models, understand the polish they have that goes beyond even the Kul Tiran, and understand the other subtle hints from the choices of animations for them. For the sethrak, understand the fact that the Alliance meet the sethrak first, chronologically, and share the same world quests as the Horde have, understand the significance of ArtOffLoop, understand the significance of Sethraliss' model, and understand how snakes can indeed wear helmets.
    Um, maybe you should look into the Horde's Vol'dun quests, because they save the Sethrak from the Faithless, overthrow the emperor, and then save their loa. I'm really not getting where this "Sethrak for the Alliance" is coming from, but it sure as fuck isn't coming from the actual quests in BfA.

If Alliance get stuck with any variation of gnome, I can already see the rioting in the streets.

Hopefully it'll be sethrak, but that's looking less likely with each passing day. Vrykul would also be nice, but I doubt they'd do that immediately after adding Kul Tirans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Um, maybe you should look into the Horde's Vol'dun quests, because they save the Sethrak from the Faithless, overthrow the emperor, and then save their loa. I'm really not getting where this "Sethrak for the Alliance" is coming from, but it sure as fuck isn't coming from the actual quests in BfA.
    "Posts 18,930"

Adelphie, is that you? :P You don't have to argue the same thing on two different forums, you know.

Alliance: Saves leader from certain death due to poison. Trusted with one of three sacred relics that has the power to release a catastrophic evil. War Campaign leader tells us he's looking forward to working more with the sethrak.

Horde: Stumbles onto a sacred relic, and promises to help stand guard. Fails, lets the relics fall into enemy hands, and gets Vorrik's second-in-command killed. Then goes off with a big group of fox people orchestrating a rebellion mostly on their own and helps THEM slay the Emperor.

It's all about how you approach it. Nevermind the political turmoil being caused by the Faithless running around everywhere stirring up shit. Sethrak aren't exactly well-liked, in case you skipped the other two zones. No, for Horde, sethrak are mostly a symbol of evil who just happened to be helped while helping the foxes. Meanwhile with Alliance, our interactions are mostly positive with no political turmoil, while having almost ZERO interaction aside from Bilge Rats with the vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    throwin mag'har and dark iron in the same bucket is extremly far fetched
    I wouldn't say extremely. Slightly off, maybe, since dark iron is a plain vanilla race and maghar is an alternative universe wod race, but they are both old world content.

Giving one faction vulpera, a completely new race, and one an old school one like say vrykuls, that would be extremely far fetched.

Deleted
    Sethrak for Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think that with a bit of additional work the Drust would be a great race option for the Alliance - they're undead (giving the Alliance a Forsaken analogue) and they're rather wicked looking at the same time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think that with a bit of additional work the Drust would be a great race option for the Alliance - they're undead (giving the Alliance a Forsaken analogue) and they're rather wicked looking at the same time.
    They are also all evil (except for one druid) and want nothing but revenge.