Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't there a Wildhammer Clan reputation in Vanilla?

I been trying to look to see if this wasnt a fever dream I had but I could have sworn there was a Wildhammer reputation in Hinterlands in Vanilla. Think you had to collect feathers or something to earn rep with them.

Because before it was removed I am pretty sure I was honoured with them. But upon looking them up I cannot find any sign that they even existed on places like Wowhead or WoWpedia, unless I am, not looking hard enough.:P

Did I make this up? am I just crazy, it was so long ago :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes there was, it was removed in tbc and added back in Cataclysm.

IIRC you could get rep from killing trolls and looting a necklace item sort of like timbermaw hold.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-07-15 at 12:37 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall, they were as useless as the Centaur ones - well, sorry, centaur ones were a bit more useful as if you were enough reputation with the right group, they wouldn't attack you where it was needed to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

IIRC you could get rep from killing trolls and looting a necklace item sort of like timbermaw hold.
    Indeed, it was items from trolls alone. Though, I honestly can't recall any reward for them. Then again, I don't think I got much reputation with them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

Necklaces! That was it. I remember now. I remember late in Vanilla I was actually farming rep with them. Only halfway into honored
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Yet another "what might have been"

Deleted
    It's the Revantusk counterpart. I think Blizzard had plans there with these factions but they never got around to actually do it I suppose.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but it was pretty much pointless. I don't recall any particularly exciting rewards you could get for farming the rep. Seems like the whole thing wasn't really fleshed out.

Found an old picture with the rep guy in it

I do remember that the Wildhammers counterpart the Revantusk tribe had their own reputation bar aswell, but it was both added and removed during vanilla. They might had some ideas with these factions but were never properly fleshed out. Removing reputation bars wasn't an unique case, they also had an Alliance faction called ''Silvermoon Remnant'' which was only mentioned in patch notes, but never made it into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Indeed, it was items from trolls alone. Though, I honestly can't recall any reward for them. Then again, I don't think I got much reputation with them.
    I believe they had some profession patterns that were pretty important to some. I can't recall if it was Tailoring, Blacksmithing, or Leatherworking, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I believe they had some profession patterns that were pretty important to some. I can't recall if it was Tailoring, Blacksmithing, or Leatherworking, though.
    Don't recall it being blacksmithing, if so, then I fucked up and forgot to buy them...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Don't recall it being blacksmithing, if so, then I fucked up and forgot to buy them...
    I could very well be wrong. It's been, what, 13 years? Lol. I can remember a point where I was like, "Fuck, I should've grinded that rep."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I could very well be wrong. It's been, what, 13 years? Lol. I can remember a point where I was like, "Fuck, I should've grinded that rep."
    I hope you are! For I felt sad for not getting the old icebane plans.

Yes, but it didn't do anything at all, as there were no vendors or any special items for the rep. Pretty much the only way to get rep with them was killing the trolls in Hinterlands and turning in the necklaces 5 at a time.

Afaik it was just a rep with no rewards other than e-peen

There were so many unfinished things like that in the original game. I wish they had taken one more year of development back in the day to really polish the old world even more.

You got rep from killing the trolls in Arathi Highlands too. Maybe only up to a certain point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

What about the necklace from Sunken Temple boss that sent u to the dragon in the cave in Swamp of Sorrows that sent you to winterspring for what 1 quest then fizzled....
    Or that beach quest in Azshara were u killed kinda pirates? that fizzled pretty quick to.

So many vanilla quests that were linked zones and continents apart.... Cpts lockbox from the swamp of sorrows? leads to a cave in Dustwallow Marsh or the Loch Modan pilot quest where u got a plane lift off the coast of Azshara....

So many weird and wacky quests so far apart that died often abruptly

Anyways end kinda rant/ off topic vanilla talk lol
    I had a all Night Elf Guild in Vanilla