Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is it sexist if I only care about women for their looks?

I have to be honest, when I meet a woman, any woman, all I really care about is her beauty. I care about her character, in so far as she's feminine and she radiates feminine energy, but I count that in the same category.

I don't really care about a woman's opinions or what she's doing or what she believes in. If a woman has achieved something in her life, like being the head of a company or whatever, that doesn't really matter to me. I don't think that women, who aren't beautiful and young are worthless, but I just really don't care about them.

Does that sound sexist? Are there men out there who feel differently about that? What is that like?

There's women out there who only care about the size of your paycheck.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about sexist, but you sound pretty shallow for sure.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, everyone has their attractions.

No, you're just a dork.
    If you judge a woman only with her looks, then I hope you let them judge you by the size of your D

Kinda. But more important its shallow as fuck dude, especially if you go to any long term relationship with that mentality.

I care most about the kind of person they are. I notice beauty sure, but for me a woman can become more beautiful if I like their personality. And can become ugly if I don't. Personality is the most important trait. I don't care much if the person has achieved much, or nothing at all. They can be equally a great person, nevertheless. I understand part of what you say, but for me, looks is just the first thing I notice. Once I get to know them, looks aren't all that important. However, I am bisexual, so that might make my point of view vastly different from straight men. I don't know.

well you must be jacked if you get the best looking woman, good for you, no its not sexist, its douchy but not necessarily the definition of sexist i would say,

Deleted
    No it's not, but I'm sure you'll hear different from virtue signalers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamandrac View Post
    I don't know about sexist, but you sound pretty shallow for sure.
    Well, if the definition of shallow is only appreciating women for their beauty, I certainly am shallow, but why is that a bad thing?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Do you treat men differently? Do you see men as friends, companions, bros, etc. that you like to share common interests with, where you're interested in their opinions and what they believe in, etc.?

If so, maybe. As has been said about, it does sound at least a little shallow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    all I really care about is her beauty. I care about her character, in so far as she's feminine and she radiates feminine energy, but I count that in the same category.

I don't really care about a woman's opinions or what she's doing or what she believes in.
    Yes, this is sexist. It falls under the category of objectification.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Well, if the definition of shallow is only appreciating women for their beauty, I certainly am shallow, but why is that a bad thing?
    What if a woman tells you she judges men by the size of their D ? I think you wont agree unless you're Rocco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your perspectives are shallow/basic/unevolved. They're nothing to aspire to.

Honestly it sounds like you haven't really been in a relationship that's lasted more than a few months, if at all. Here's something that a lot of people don't mention: you become more attracted to the person you're having sex with over time, so initial attraction isn't as important later in a relationship. Other traits like personality or achievement start to become more important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Do you treat men differently? Do you see men as friends, companions, bros, etc. that you like to share common interests with, where you're interested in their opinions and what they believe in, etc.?

If so, maybe. As has been said about, it does sound at least a little shallow.
    I don't know. I have two male friends but I don't really care too much what they think, unless I need advice from them. Often, we just use each other as a pillow. It's more important that we can talk to someone than it is what that person says in reply to it. And often we just joke around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Your perspectives are shallow/basic/unevolved. They're nothing to aspire to.

Honestly it sounds like you haven't really been in a relationship that's lasted more than a few months, if at all. Here's something that a lot of people don't mention: you become more attracted to the person you're having sex with over time, so initial attraction isn't as important later in a relationship. Other traits like personality or achievement start to become more important.
    Well yeah you get used to a person's unattractiveness over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Objectification isn't sexist, though. I don't really see anything egregiously sexist about anything this guy has posted; he's just a tool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    What if a woman tells you she judges men by the size of their D ? I think you wont agree unless you're Rocco.
    If all she cares about is dicks, then that's just the way it is. It's a bad example though, because I didn't say I only like women with big breasts. I like women with small breasts, too.

Also I have a really big dick, so not a problem.

I don't know. I have two male friends but I don't really care too much what they think, unless I need advice from them. Often, we just use each other as a pillow. It's more important that we can talk to someone than it is what that person says in reply to it. And often we just joke around.
    Ok so you're just... a shallow person sorry. I do care what my friends think. So you never listen to the people talking to you ? I'm glad we're not friends omg...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Yeah, this.

Unless you are some judge at a women's beauty contest, only caring about their looks is literally objectification.

When you are in a meeting and your female co-worker gives her opinion, by your views, it's irrelevant since the only thing she could ever provide is "looks". BUT! If you are only looking for a partner and just want a good-looking one, then sure, go for it. That's your and your partner's problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah you get used to a person's unattractiveness over time.
    ...no, that's not what I said.