Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Anduins initial response to his internal council (Genn, Rogers, Shaw etc) wanting to fight the horde was "not just no but fuck no" Sylvanas had to push ALOT of buttons to start this thing. A good deal of us horde players dont need to see the world burning to feel like horde, nor post legion and alot of class storylines does it make ANY ingame sense for us to actively hate each other for any other reasons than "LOKTAR HURRRRRRRR"
    Embrace the WAR in WARcraft. There will be faction war till the end of universe, even despite lack of reason and common sense behind it. Although to be honest, fantasy uranium is a valid reason to start a war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Embrace the WAR in WARcraft. There will be faction war till the end of universe, even despite lack of reason and common sense behind it. Although to be honest, fantasy uranium is a valid reason to start a war.
    Seems like patriots garrosh passed his memes onto sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Dude's goblin accent was on point too.
    It was, I was actually surprised how good he was at pulling off Galywyx and the tinker Goblin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    alliance and horde are at War again, all out open war,
    Which only started because Sylvanas is the Warchief. So, your leader drags you into a pointless war... and you support her because "we need a leader for war because we're at war!"? How does that make any sense at all? If she wasn't the warchief there wouldn't have been a war in the first place.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I do hate her, I've always have ever since I made my first Forsaken (I hate the idea of blindly trusting and following anyone to achieve their goals).

I don't want her to die, I actually have been tossing this idea around in my head that she is some how resurrected fully ever since she tried to capture Eyir.

What would she do? How would she react, would she be happy...pissed, filled with remorse? Rejected by the Forsaken? Would she try to rejoin her people, the Sin'dorei? I mean the story potential their is kind of interesting, we already know she can enter another state of Undeath that Nathanos is currently in, and we know its different then the Undeath the scourge and Forsaken are in and we know of these "Lightforged" Undead as well now, what if she gets reversed Arthas by Calia and turned into one of these "Lightforged" Undead?

None the less, it will be interesting to see where her character goes after this but I for one hopes it not death, she still has potential and they've wasted numerous characters that still had a story to tell in the last 2 Expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Seems like patriots garrosh passed his memes onto sylvanas.
    Must... not... invoke... the senator...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Must... not... invoke... the senator...
    "Well if it isn't saucy anduin"

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    While I do hate her, I've always have ever since I made my first Forsaken (I hate the idea of blindly trusting and following anyone to achieve their goals).

I don't want her to die, I actually have been tossing this idea around in my head that she is some how resurrected fully ever since she tried to capture Eyir.

What would she do? How would she react, would she be happy...pissed, filled with remorse? Rejected by the Forsaken? Would she try to rejoin her people, the Sin'dorei? I mean the story potential their is kind of interesting, we already know she can enter another state of Undeath that Nathanos is currently in, and we know its different then the Undeath the scourge and Forsaken are in and we know of these "Lightforged" Undead as well now, what if she gets reversed Arthas by Calia and turned into one of these "Lightforged" Undead?

None the less, it will be interesting to see where her character goes after this but I for one hopes it not death, she still has potential and they've wasted numerous characters that still had a story to tell in the last 2 Expansions.
    I think she's too far gone for any of that. What does she have to live for besides the Forsaken anyway? Go back to the forest and live in solitude with her sisters or some shit?

I'm guessing she'll end up sacrificing herself for Alleria somehow. Or the Kerrigan thing but that'd be boring. Either way the whole hur dur SoO 2.0 idea some people are latched to is pretty dumb and short sighted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Either way the whole hur dur SoO 2.0 idea some people are latched to is pretty dumb and short sighted.
    As dumb and shortsighted as it is, it would also be pretty ridiculous for someone as cartoonishly evil as Sylvanas to have any kind of redemption arc.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-07-17 at 12:40 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    As dumb and shortsighted as it is, it would also be pretty ridiculous for someone as cartoonishly evil as Sylvanas to have any kind of redemption arc.
    I agree a redemption arc would be lame but I don't think Sylvanas is cartoonishly evil either. She's definitely ruthless and cold but it's not like she does what she does for no reason.

As long as they don't give her some retarded redemption story I don't care if she dies or is exiled. I fucking hate this trend in fiction where people who do horrific things can be "redeemed". The most recent exameple would be Kratos in God of War. Fucker destroys the world and you expect me to believe he deserves a second chance and is a changed man? Yeah no.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    snip
    Well, since Varian (your boo) died in like the first 5 minutes of Legion, I guess it's only fitting you'd want to see her perish.

Hate to break it to ya', but she's probably here to stay for a while. Get comfy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    The horn wasn't an obvious warning?
    Once again, they already ran away before the Alliance could formulate a retreat...a real ally would have offered a few seconds of cover for each other...but like everything with Sylvanas...it's everything for herself. No one else matters...

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They’ve done redemptions to death so agree.
    This story arc is really quite good in that, if you read the book, you can understand the very minor small events that lead up to war. It is written so that you can fairly argue, on either side, that the other side is to blame. This makes more sense for the Warcraft story following on from the story told in WC3.

I am surprised how little people are talking about the Calia Menethil aspect of this. She is a new type of undead and potentially an immortal half human.

I expect her to be a prominent figure in overthrowing/destabilizing Sylvannas’s control of the Horde although with the expected new threat of the void emerging sometime later into the expansion leading into the next expansion, she might pull a Sersei Lannister and pretend to focus on a united fight against the void to ensure she retains power.

Edit: lightforged undead to be a playable alliance race

calia doesnt even have a model friend. she's probably never setting foot outside of that book. also her presence in bfa would take away valuable screen time that could be devoted to anduin

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    calia doesnt even have a model friend. she's probably never setting foot outside of that book. also her presence in bfa would take away valuable screen time that could be devoted to anduin
    Calia appears in the Priest Artifact questlines as well as the Priest Order Hall:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

yea but u obviously arent up to date with the latest "book". shes an undead now friend with glowing eyes and all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Well, since Varian (your boo) died in like the first 5 minutes of Legion, I guess it's only fitting you'd want to see her perish.

Hate to break it to ya', but she's probably here to stay for a while. Get comfy.
    At this rate she's not. There's no way the leader of the Horde can be someone who commits such atrocious acts, not for long. Sylvanas' countdown to destruction started a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    She should, at the very least, be disassociated from the Horde for good and cast out of it. Her character would've done better in positions unrelated to the Horde.
    Buddy of mine thinks this could lead to a third faction, Sylvanas gets kicked out of the horde and creates another faction....that would honestly make things interesting again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    I think she's too far gone for any of that. What does she have to live for besides the Forsaken anyway? Go back to the forest and live in solitude with her sisters or some shit?

I'm guessing she'll end up sacrificing herself for Alleria somehow. Or the Kerrigan thing but that'd be boring. Either way the whole hur dur SoO 2.0 idea some people are latched to is pretty dumb and short sighted.
    Exactly, what would she do, would she just lose her mind between being ripped between Life, Undeath and back to life. It could be very interesting to see certain repercussions of such meddling with the forces of Life,Nature and Death. I'm not talking a redemption arc here, just to see how she would react, how her people (The Forsaken) would react, how the world would react.

Would she feel terrible? I mean she sees death as a sort of a blessing now with the way she talked about it in Before The Storm, leaving her able to evade the feelings of mortality. I just think it would be an interesting thing to do