Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I cheat. Any exploits or shortcuts I find I’ll use. From the Argus invasions to the Karazahn farm.

When I can’t cheat I’ll just get boosted through dungeons.

Watching YouTube split screen also helps.
    It's not cheating if it's allowed.

However, Blizzard is changing things. Supposedly due to the Legacy mode the Karazhan farm is getting made impossible to use at the 70-80 range due to the rebalance.

But to get back to the forum topic: Just get it done as fast as possible. Check guides like the one in my sig, or follow youtube channels that specialize in leveling. It's doesn't actually not THAT long, even under 7.3.5's new scaling.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-07-16 at 08:39 PM.

Stock up on some beef jerky, nuts a few sodie pops start leveling and stop once I hit cap.

The first time powering though the leveling is one of my favourite things to do in wow, after my first toon it's quite slow paced to work through other toons.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Well, you could probably just sell some stuff on ebay or Craiglist that you don't use anymore, and use that money to buy a boost. If you really hate leveling that much - you don't have to do it. There is really no reason to level if you truly despise it, but really really really want the carrot at the end of that stick. Doing 30-40 hours of something you dislike.....that is not very healthy. I couldn't imagine spending that much time doing something I don't like. Yikes!
    Buying a boost doesn't unlock the Heritage Armor though. /OCD

Seriously though, 30-40 hours of something you dislike is a bit OTT, but an hour here and there is manageable. I wouldn't say I dislike leveling, it's just no longer enjoyable. Subtle difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I know there are folks that enjoy the new “smoother” leveling system. I get that. I, however, absolutely hate it. I’ve leveled enough characters that the isn’t really novelty to it and it’s one of the things I hate the most in the game. Leveling in new content is fun and engaging. Doing the BC and WOTLK just isn’t for me. But I want the heritage armor so I’m doing it, or at least I’m trying.

How do you endure it? It’s driving me bonkers because it’s so BORING.
    I am lucky that my mind makes it to be no issue. I like to level, and I've brought at the current, 21 characters to level 110. I tend to have some podcast/youtube 'sound' in the background, or even music. And I just play it. I try to spice it up a little by making a different route or a different method.

The best one I've found so far is just to level like when LFG was just added - Quests and dungeon queues. How you handle to get through multiple stages of repeated content can only be done by advising to switch up. The new system can have you go quite fast in some zones. Current experience is to get 11 levels (60-71) just by doing 2 zones of Wrath.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Netflix/youtube/twitch on my second monitor or I listen to podcasts. Music and just autopilot

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Netflix/youtube/twitch on my second monitor or I listen to podcasts. Music and just autopilot
    I'm just using your comment as an example, but man, isn't it kind of fucked up that we are resorting to this kind of thing in a game, something that's supposed to be fun?

I mean, how many hikers are like, "I love to walk the scenic routes, but seriously, fuck all that walking though"

I know there are folks that enjoy the new “smoother” leveling system. I get that. I, however, absolutely hate it. I’ve leveled enough characters that the isn’t really novelty to it and it’s one of the things I hate the most in the game. Leveling in new content is fun and engaging. Doing the BC and WOTLK just isn’t for me. But I want the heritage armor so I’m doing it, or at least I’m trying.

Find a friend and level with someone. Leveling by myself is also quite the arduous task.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop treatin games like its a job
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I level Tanks and Healers only these days, and do it almost all in Dungeons. I hate questing, I've done enough since TBC to never want to do it again. Almost had Seek done in WotLK, was bout 250 +/- quests left, then I faction hopped my toon from Horde to Allince.... lost about 750+/- quest from the Achievement tracker, then Cata happened, Revamping Vanilla content... lost another 750+/- said screw this. Think I finally finished it around MoP, by then I had 1 realm full of level capped toons, and a sprinkling of others elsewhere.

Use addons to make it immersive, play on a controller, take your time, read quest text and understand why you do things. Or just don't level one

i take my time while levelling, since i dont enjoy always enjoy max level content

Take my time and enjoy playing the class. Do dungeons when bored of quests and quests when bored of dungeons. Throw in a battleground from time to time and don't feel reushed to get to max right away.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I'm about to level a new class for BfA and I don't even know if I'll make it tbh. But there's no fucking way I'm paying £50 for a boost.
    If everybody had this much willpower, then levelling wouldn't stay a chore for long.

At OP: I have no intention of ever levelling another character until they fix this system. It is a flagrant time and money grab that needs to be rewarded by ignoring it and wrecking their metrics. Fortunately I've got a near full account of alts. If I wanted a bunch of characters or classes for some reason, I'd quit before I'd endure the current levelling system. They could have made it so that people who wanted this stuff could take it slow and enjoy it without systematically gutting every system that could get you around it. Now there is one system to bypass it, the one that costs $60.00 and until that well is dry, anyone who wants to get to endgame fast with a new character is out of luck.
    Last edited by hyphnos; 2018-07-17 at 02:18 AM.

...illicit substances to suppress extreme boredom. Isn't that what everyone does?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I'm just using your comment as an example, but man, isn't it kind of fucked up that we are resorting to this kind of thing in a game, something that's supposed to be fun?

I mean, how many hikers are like, "I love to walk the scenic routes, but seriously, fuck all that walking though"
    problem is the levelling is fucking amazing and super fun the first time, maybe see a few things you didn't the second. After that it's just repetitive crap especially for people doing it 10+ times, if it was still super exciting after 10 times you might as well make WoW into Diablo 3 or a classic Asian MMORPG and have no level cap, just let people level into the thousands, endless grinding. WoW isn't designed for endless levelling but thats what your 5th alt can feel like, I'm not sure how they can fix that especially as they add more allied races and heritage armours how can your 17th alt be actually fun to level?

The only way i can think of is basically every allied race having it's own area like death knights/demon hunters, but you have enough content to level from 20-120, good luck finding the thousands of qualified devs to create that for every allied race, it would cost us all the raid tiers!
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2018-07-17 at 02:21 AM.

I actually followed this post to help level two characters to do some Mage Tower nonsense, but of course Blizzard is nerfing the "fun" come pre-patch. Accordng to a recent Bellular video, solo Karazhan clears are getting gutted, so you might just have to suffer through that 70-80 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    ...illicit substances to suppress extreme boredom. Isn't that what everyone does?
    This is what I used to do, which is great since it's as easy as going to the store and picking it up where I live... But the desire for a new (better-paying) job means I have to stop for a month. I'm like... 6 days in.
    Last edited by Vladilena; 2018-07-17 at 02:33 AM.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing you can do is just a couple levels each day otherwise insanity creeps in. I hate blizzard for being such douche bags about having to slog through incredibly old content that is irrelevant in a game where good content begins and unlocks everything at max lvl. It really couldn't be any more obvious to push those boost sales... and they padding their participation numbers through forced leveling to unlock heritage. It's win win for them. Investors are happy about those stats I tell you what!

Netflix, that's about it.

i don't.

leveling is idiotically grindy now and stupid. the only way i can ever put up with it is if i'm with someone else, and even that's hard to handle.

they're such liars over it too. if these changes were for new players to get a better experience, they wouldn't nerf the boosts that old players get like heirlooms and all that shit. this is nothing but an MAU/boost selling farm.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-07-17 at 03:03 AM.