Melee DPS Alt for BFA

Hi Friends,

I normally Main a Shadow / Disc priest, but i'm looking for a melee DPS alt for BFA

Normally i'd take enhance shaman, but i've heard thats a bad idea this expansion.

I'm looking at Survival / Warrior (probably fury?) / Feral

Any Pros/Cons from people more familiar with those specs? Thanks

Pvp or PvE? 2v2,3v3 or rbg? M+ dungeons or raiding? or just casual WQ?

Just try them all and play which you like, as alt it does not really matter anyway unless you need it for specific role.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Warrior - both dps specs are fun to play and have a good variety of talents, plus tank spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surv is way better in BfA, so is fury. I haven't bothered to try my feral yet but probably still a slow bleed spec which assassination is way better for with faster pace.

Enh was very boring to me in Legion, I looked at the talents last night I did not see any relevant changes to make it more fun.. rockbiter and the short maintenance buffs still feel awful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Something that is weak now is likely to be buffed soon.
    Being a shadow priest main, i know that this isn't always the case

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    ? I haven't played much later legion but SP was insane dps at least 7.0-7.1ish with surrender to madness.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    ? I haven't played much later legion but SP was insane dps at least 7.0-7.1ish with surrender to madness.
    Sure, they had a spotlight on them for early legion when STM was busted, but they aren't Rogue / Warlock / Mage which are top tier for entire expansions.

rogue is fun and so are DKs. Heard very nice things about warriors. so really, pick any of those 3.

if you want a melee that can jump ship if tuning turns bad and still be a melee, you should stay away from feral, SV or Havoc.
    nothing like being hyped for a specc to find out it is utter trash (or gets gutted in a 8.X patch)with no other options than go rDPS or another role completely.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    I would recommend monk as a former priest main who played monk in MoP+WoD there is some crossover there and youll enjoy playing an incredibly mobile class when you are used to priest. There is also some talents back for Mistweaver this expansion to allow you to play aggressive healer similar but not as effective as disc if you enjoy that.

As a mage main I went with a warrior alt. Partly for the tank spec that help me get into groups. Also Onlike both arms and fury so if one turns out to be underpowered I still have the other.

In the beta, rogues are pretty insane.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Havoc DH's, Fury Warriors, Windwalker Monks or Outlaw Rogues.... those are really fun specs to play and they are doing nice damage, too! :3

I'm finding Unholy DK to be pretty fun. Tried Blood and Frost as well but not as much as Unholy, they seem to be fine too though. Since you main a priest I think a good alt choice would be any of the melee that can also tank so that you have access to all roles with your two characters (if that's something you want of course).