High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Wink Vengeance in Beta

I recently leveled my vengeance DH (first time), and geared up in basic LFR and Argus WQ gear. I copied her over to the beta, and holy sh*t - that is one good feeling rotation / fun spec to play in BfA. I really like the spec into fracture replacing shear - with a choice of spending your pain on spirit bomb (if talented) or soul cleave. It just feels solid, mobile, and really fun to play. Survivability is great - I see a lot of people complaining about being squishy on the beta, I'm guessing they aren't referring to Vengeance. I pull as many mobs as I can with leashing and just DPS them all down and my health never dips below 50%, same with elite world mobs. Totally leveling this one first!

What are your talents ? And the easy go to simple rotation your using for more WQ it easier dungeon runs ?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey @Zorachus. Sorry, I didn't see the response until now. I use 1/2/1/3/2/2/2 (Abyssal strike, Fallout, Flame Crash, Fracture, Quickened Sigils, Spirit Bomb, Void Reaver). This is slightly different than what I do for harder content - this is just for leveling and leveling dungeons.

Abyssal strike is the go to for me all the time, I like the increased mobility and reduced CD. Jump from one pack of mobs to another while leveling.
    Fallout for increased healing / orbs.
    Flame crash is another go to for me, if you plant your sigil, then jump, then hit Immolation Aura - you get quite a nice burst.
    Fracture in the new BfA tree is a must take - it really smooths out the rotation and makes it very simple
    Quickened sigils - I like this while grinding / leveling, due to the speed of sigil recharge.
    Spirit bomb is really good AOE / survivability
    Void reaver - this to me is good while leveling, I rarely come close to dying, so don't need Last Resort - once I venture into mythics undergeared at 120, I'll switch to last resort.

For rotation - I usually open with an Abyssal Strike (automatic flame sigil), immolation aura, fracture for soul fragments, then hit a 5xcharge Spirit Bomb, then proceed to use soul cleave until I need to recharge the Frailty debuff on the mobs from Spirit Bomb. Usually the fights don't last that long though. I try to pull larger packs (2-4), and then use throw glaive to grab other ones close by.

Thank you Thor. That's pretty much what I'm doing now,and the rotation feels smooth, and I can handle so much damage.

OK I will bite, what did they change in the beta to suddenly make you switch things up?

I have to admit i cant see anything in the notes about DH changes? whats changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringers View Post
    I have to admit i cant see anything in the notes about DH changes? whats changed?
    its a necro'ed thread. Move on.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.