Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is 4chan the same thing as the Deep Web?

I just watched this really fucking scary ass movie called Unfriended: Dark Web in theaters and don't really want to personally engage in the topic obviously for safety concerns, but I read that the site 4chan is the same thing on a more global scale. After seeing this movie, I'm really morbidly curious though.

Now I'm wondering why it's even allowed to exist then. Like why don't law enforcement agencies crack down on this shit?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it isn't.

Nah it's not.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Not even in the same ballpark.

4chan is just a cesspool of human trash.
    The dark web is far more dreadful.

4chan is a meme factory.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. 4Chan is like 2 blocks away from the Deep Web but claims it stays there because people on the other side of town don't know any better.

And like stated by others, 4Chan is indexed, which makes it part of the "regular" internet.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

No.

It could seem like it at times, but 4chan is just a place where folks with questionable pictures/videos gather from time to time.
    Gore threads, CP pictures, murder videos and such, have come to surface at times at 4chan, but that's the internet being the internet...unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Tsugunai has been making these threads about 4-chan ever since he went by, uh, Salandrin, I think. At one point I thought it was a joke but I don't even know anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    You made this thread before.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    No. 4Chan is like 2 blocks away from the Deep Web but claims it stays there because people on the other side of town don't know any better.

And like stated by others, 4Chan is indexed, which makes it part of the "regular" internet.
    what is this then

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot find a website on the deep web by typing it in google. You need the specific address and many of them still have passwords, if you manage to even find something.

The deep web are all websites that are not indexed by search engines like google, many applications you use everyday are part of the deep web.

The dark web is a small part of the deep web designed to be difficult to access, this is the place often used by criminals but also by journalists and other people trying to avoid detection from oppressive governments etc. It's also the place edgy teenage hacker wannabes go looking for ways to become leet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Read the article? I guess you have a problem with the paradox of them using "anonymous" as "name"?

Who is this 4chan guy anyway, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is CNN the same thing as Deep State?

No it's not. The deep web is nothing similar other than they are both filled with edgy teens.

Not to be confused with the dank web. Which is just full of nothing but the dankest memes, a few of which leak out and become the memes we know and love today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, not even close to the Deep Web. It is just where the unwanted hide.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You made this thread before.
    Yeah, I remember this exact bait thread like a year or two ago.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Anonymous, the group.

It's... right in the title.

...Is this some sort of new prank? Hello? Anyone?