Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Glad we got several threads discussing this.

But just like in the last stat squish these things happened. They will make adjustments just like they did before. I just think they had more issues to worry about yesterday than people farming old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    i guess you should have thought about it before and gotten the mount before... like i did
    Yes because it’s a mount that you can just -get-. It’s not like it’s a 0.00001% chance or anything.

I swear to Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    No it isn't. I've played every pre-patch and this is the first one that:

-feels like a early beta
    -removes more content than it adds
    -introduced tons of bugs
    Hmm are you for real? Can’t tell if that’s sarcasm or ignorance. Every single pre patch had bugs. This is the third? Scaling adjustment (if you count the changes in 7.3.5) and they had issues - all of which were fixed. What content do you see removed? Mage tower - the item tied to this expansion just like legendary ring and legendary cloak quest lines....
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Won’t lie I enjoy older content not being retardedly trivial. Obviously taking as long as it did back then is ridiculous but having to focus on a mechanic or two is fun, I like that. This is coming from someone who farms transmog a ton.
    I agree. I've always adored the Spine of Deathwing fight because it withstood the test of time and required you to actually do something even many levels later.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Strand of the Ancients
    Ooh a BG that maybe 1% of the player base even cared about. Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    I agree. I've always adored the Spine of Deathwing fight because it withstood the test of time and required you to actually do something even many levels later.
    Yes killing shit while alternating between Q and E

Such challenge, much excitement

Strand of the Ancients
    Ok and that’s replaced with World PVP aka war mode. What else?
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    exactly this. People making fun of blizz for not patching this up earlier is pretty pathetic. Do you really think they just didn't see people's report for that bug? Of course they did, but that bug, was put at priority number 293102931029310283109238109238. They have shit ton of stuff to fix and look at during beta. Every 30 sec, there's a new bug being reported that is filed way higher in priority over the old world scaling. I'd rather have all the resources available working on important fix over old content farming. They gonna fix it, but it's nothing important.
    The problem with your argument is that this isn't an issue in itself, it is an issue that results from a change they made that was one of their big tent pole changes (namely, ilvl squishing/numerical rebalancing). They changed a number system that affected the entire game and then (while this is but one example, I am sure there are many more) failed to ensure the 80+% of the game that ISN'T new expansion content wasn't negatively affected by that new expansion change.

This would be like updating your CPU to a 64 bit processor then bitching that your 32 bit RAM is running slower than it should and complaining that it is a stupid low priority issue. Actually, if you were updating one thing for new stuff, you go and make sure that you don't break a large part of the game as a result of that change.

That said, we are barely out of patch day and patch day is always fucked with bugs and problems, so they will likely have this fixed in short order. So should it have been fixed before going live? Absolutely and there is no real excuse that it wasn't fixed. Blizzard dropped the ball on this, especially given the issues they had in Legion with the level scaling for the entire world and what that did to soloing old content, they should have foreseen this as a potential issue. Is it the end of the world? Of course not, but to sit there and say that ensuring the old world is still working is "nothing important" during the pre-patch when people still have basically fuck-all to do in game is a completely ridiculous statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Waah, it's the prepatch, waaah" that's all I read what you're saying right now...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

7+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought I had to wait at least another 48 hours for a JustRob complaining thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Well, they didn't really have enough time to prepare. People only told them from the first minute of Alpha that Legacy content wasn't scaling correctly.
    Believe it or not, your ability to three-shot a raid boss from five expansions ago is probably pretty low on their priority list. They'll get to it when important things are done.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

No way, they missed a bunch of scaling problems on old content, I'm so surprised.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    "Waah, it's the prepatch, waaah" that's all I read what you're saying right now...
    It seems like all the recent threads are like this. Pre Patch is there for a reason and you definitely understand that. It must be a millennial thing because it seems like Blizzard owes them something for introducing a pre patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I had a nickle every time some Blizzard fan boy tried to defend the most money hungry gaming company out there I'd be running Blizzard.

Heh. It doesn't work like that. In that case they would have removed all the BG's in favor of War Mode.
    SotA was removed because Blizzard couldn't figure out how to make it work anymore. It wasn't replaced by anything.
    Fair enough, I am trying to see this convo from the OP’s perspective but I am not getting past the fact that this is leading to a new expansion. We always gain and lose abilities, features and additional content.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggeredKid View Post
    If I had a nickle every time some Blizzard fan boy tried to defend the most money hungry gaming company out there I'd be running Blizzard.
    If I had a nickel every time someone complained about Blizzard, Bill Gates would be my butler.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggeredKid View Post
    We talking about EA now?

Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    No it isn't. I've played every pre-patch and this is the first one that:

-feels like a early beta
    -removes more content than it adds
    -introduced tons of bugs
    Let's not exaggerate here
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    It seems like all the recent threads are like this. Pre Patch is there for a reason and you definitely understand that. It must be a millennial thing because it seems like Blizzard owes them something for introducing a pre patch.
    I just done LK, and wow, Rob is bitching over NOTHING, I just did my typical burst on him, it did take a little bit longer (maybe 15-20 SECONDS longer) to get him into his RP phase, didn't have to worry about 95% of the tacts, I only had to take out 2 or 3 frozen orbs, and just like before they went away in one shot.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Well, they didn't really have enough time to prepare. People only told them from the first minute of Alpha that Legacy content wasn't scaling correctly.
    One might say....
    to people attempting to kill the Lich King...
    You were not...
    /sunglasses
    prepared!
    OHHHHHHHHH