Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Beast Master seems harder than I thought.

Hunter simulates 4.8K damage. His gear is not all that optimized since he's simply and ALT. I would like to main Hunter in BFA as I'm currently tired of my current main and was interested in something more laid back and simple. So after playing around with the Hunter tonight, I'm doing pretty poorly on target dummies. The best I was able to do is 3.7K which I personally feel is pretty poor. Not 100% sure what I can do better to reach my simulation numbers.

Kill command on cool down.
    Chimaera Shot on cool down.
    A Murder of Crows on cool down. (Try my best to line this up with BW best I can)
    Bestial Wrath on cool down.
    Aspect of the Wild on cool down. (Try to line this up with BW best I can)
    Use a charge of Barbed Shot when at 2 stacks. Try to keep Barbed Shot buff on pet by refreshing the buff at around 2.5 seconds.
    Cobra Shot to dump extra focus.

Pretty much how I'm playing. Just feel like I may be doing something wrong.

Tips? Or is it impossible to match/beat simulation numbers because it's a robot that does rotation perfectly?

Your barbed shot usage is wrong, you should be using it often enough to maintain a 3 stack buff.

what you wanna do is use barbed shot when ever it procs and as late as you can before it will fall off and try to keep your barbed shot stacks at 3

does the simulation run with all consumables ad do you subsequently do the rotation with the same buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    what you wanna do is use barbed shot when ever it procs and as late as you can before it will fall off and try to keep your barbed shot stacks at 3
    I do try and keep 3 stacks on Barbed Shot. I will refresh the buff when there is about 2.5 seconds duration left. Guides I read say that you should never sit on 2 charges of Barbed Shot, but you want to keep at least 1 charge of Barbed Shot at all times so you have a charge to refresh the buff.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2018-07-18 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    pretty fun that BM sims bother higher than MM and SV

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-...-pve-dps-guide
    learn from azortharion

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post

learn from azortharion
    That's the guide I try and follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post

learn from azortharion
    The link you posted, specifically shows survival being higher?

Barbed shot needs to be refreshed at about 1 second, not 2.5

And if you GCD lock yourself by doing something as crazy as... playing the game, your stack drops.

Dire frenzy was an utterly stupid ability, and THATS what they choose to carry over from legion...

Tying a stacking buff that is impossible to constantly maintain to our main focus generator is the single dumbest thing I've seen them do to hunters.

It could be fixed by upping the duration to 12 seconds, but honestly, the stacking buff just needs to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    The link you posted, specifically shows survival being higher?
    This must have been changed based on the latest Balance hotfixes and maybe some APL changes. MM and SV were >10% behind BM before.

Quote Originally Posted by NoShelter View Post

And if you GCD lock yourself by doing something as crazy as... playing the game, your stack drops.

Dire frenzy was an utterly stupid ability, and THATS what they choose to carry over from legion...

Tying a stacking buff that is impossible to constantly maintain to our main focus generator is the single dumbest thing I've seen them do to hunters.

It could be fixed by upping the duration to 12 seconds, but honestly, the stacking buff just needs to go away.
    Yeah, BM was so relaxing without the stupid buff stacking and now it's baseline... I planned to switch from Shadow to BM for BfA, but now I dunno... I'll test and see.

Quote Originally Posted by un1ty View Post
    Yeah, BM was so relaxing without the stupid buff stacking and now it's baseline... I planned to switch from Shadow to BM for BfA, but now I dunno... I'll test and see.
    Don't get me wrong, I like complexity in a spec, but when it's needlessly tedious to the point that it ruins the fun, it just doesn't work.

I'm not looking forward to 3 raid tiers of staring at my barbed shot weakaura and my gcd spinner...

@AdrianCC100: Do you have Killer Instinct specced by any chance? This will most likely reduce your dummy dps significantly if you don't bring him below 35% (or boost it, if you do)

Quote Originally Posted by NoShelter View Post

Barbed shot has pandemic so why would you need for it to be at 1 second?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Barbed shot has pandemic so why would you need for it to be at 1 second?
    You delay it because of the frenzy buff on your pet, not the dot on your target.

If you wait till there's a second left of the 8-second frenzy buff, then you'll fire a barbed shot every 7 seconds, but with 2.5 left, you'll fire every 5.5; With a cooldown of 12 seconds, you can see how it'd be beneficial to delay it, even if the dot doesn't care:

delayed to 1 sec:
    0->7.
    7->14 (1x charge recharged at 12).
    14->21 (buff falls off, new charge at 24).

2.5 sec:
    0->5.5.
    5.5->11 (buff falls off, new charge at 12).

[And yes, I know haste and wild call procs affect this, that's sort of the entire basis of the spec; You need to juggle your barbed shots so that the ball never falls off if possible, while still not wasting any procs / cooldowns on it while doing so to optimise damage. The above are just the basis for WHY we want it delayed as far as possible, rather than hitting it earlier. Things like "Don't sit on 2 charges" do take priority over that though].

On top of all that, don't forget Cobra Shot also reduces the CD of Kill Command by 1 second.

The nice thing about about BM is that a lot of its spells have a high level of interactivity with each other making each decision and GCD you use very important. The bad thing about it that is that it feels pretty unforgiving if you fuck up.
    Last edited by turtledragon; 2018-07-19 at 03:33 AM.

Personally I love the new Bm, especially with chimaera and amoc.
    Actually having to pay attention to what buttons you’re pressing is good fun.

I don't understand why people are complaining - the new BM looks way better,it even became challenging in comparison to the previous 2 button spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I don't understand why people are complaining - the new BM looks way better,it even became challenging in comparison to the previous 2 button spec.
    Well from this thread it sounds like a lot of people were drawn to BM specifically because it was an easy spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    Well from this thread it sounds like a lot of people were drawn to BM specifically because it was an easy spec.
    They're all relatively easy. The old BM you just never got punished for doing something wrong, while this current BM has very easy to follow rules/mechanics (Rule 1: Maximize frenzy uptime. Rule 2: Never waste focus or procs. Rule 3: Never delay any shot with a cooldown. There are no more rules), you *will* be punished for not following them (dropping frenzy uptime or constantly having to build from 0->3 stacks because you're mashing the button too quick is a big DPS loss, for example).

In Legion, it really didn't matter which button you pressed most of the time - as long as you followed a general "hit KC and Stomp when you notice they're off CD and just fucking smash cobra shot outside of that with BW/aspect macro'd to them"-kind of playstyle, you'd perform at a high enough level that nobody would really take much notice of your performance. You'd not be 90th+ percentile, granted, but you also wouldn't be sub-50th doing that (when accounting for gear, ofc).