Thread: Antorus in 8.0

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hounds are definitely broken. My 11/11M wiped on it twice on HEROIC Antorus. Tanks that lost their magic mitigation are getting assfucked by the breath/dot.

Eonar is also harder, but still easy. That's all I noticed, rest were pretty normal.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Absolutely gutted with this pre patch so far and has got me the least excited for an expansion since I started playing the game at the back end of TBC

It makes no sense to me that they don't just slap on the -health/-damage aura for all Legion raids. People want to just chill and test out classes and farm mounts.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I don't know, blizzard seems to be really into pissing off he player base for no reason as of late.

I'll quit this game before I reprogress on aggra/argus.
    Ya this is a very effective business model that allows most companies to survive. No logic whatsoever in your post, only feelings. Do better.

Pre patch is supposed to be a time to bring players back into the game. Instead even pug numbers have completely plummeted. Barely even any raids for heroic going on outside of prime time hours. No one wants to play a raid that's been out for 10 months and was much easier last week, especially with gutted classes. Blizz is just shitting the bed at every corner with this expansion.

Few guilds have said there are a couple of weird interactions where people get 1 shot or something, but have no personal experience of this

Normally on mythic Imonar we hit 60%, hit barrier/darkness/rally/sac aura and clear the bridge with a demon hunter.

Trying that yesterday we just implode. Pretty exciting reprogressing a boss we've killed 20 times because it got harder.

Gg, still ignoring antorus. All other legion raids nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    Ya this is a very effective business model that allows most companies to survive. No logic whatsoever in your post, only feelings. Do better.
    Explain the multiple terrible changes that piss the player base off for no actual gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Gg, still ignoring antorus. All other legion raids nerfed.
    Yeah pretty cool on Blizzard's part.

There were 1700 mythic Argus killing guilds on wowprogress before this week.

Currently there's 119 mythic Argus kills on warcraftlogs, some of which are alts of the same guilds.

Either we are to believe that 1600 guilds (94% of them) stopped raiding or spontaneously became bad and unable to clear content they've already killed.

Or the instance got much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

Currently there's 119 mythic Argus kills on warcraftlogs, some of which are alts of the same guilds.

Either we are to believe that 1600 guilds (94% of them) stopped raiding or spontaneously became bad and unable to clear content they've already killed.

we've been clearing argus for a while..this week (wednesday), took us around 30 pulls to kill him. Rent souls were doing too much dmg, that our soaker tanks were dying..rogues with feint were getting brought to 20% hp, scythes were killin my co-tanks.

but we managed to kill him in 3 attempts after switching comp to 5 heals. DPS wasnt an issue..in fact were pushing argus faster than we ever were, so switching a DPS for a healer didnt change much (we were still faster than pre 8.0).

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    Rent souls were doing too much dmg, that our soaker tanks were dying..
    What kind of tanks are you using to soak? Most magic mitigation abilities got deleted from the game and the few ones left are nerfed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    but we managed to kill him in 3 attempts after switching comp to 5 heals.
    Yeah raid damage is busted atm, we managed to kill Argus with 4 heals but had to 5 heal Aggramar and still people were dropping dangerously low from the add dot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    What kind of tanks are you using to soak? Most magic mitigation abilities got deleted from the game and the few ones left are nerfed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah raid damage is busted atm, we managed to kill Argus with 4 heals but had to 5 heal Aggramar and still people were dropping dangerously low from the add dot.
    My guild killed him on Wednesday(before any fixes) in few pulls with 3 tanks and 4 healers. I was sitting out because we had 27 ppl for raid and I had my "turn" on him last week, but here's the log:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9&type=summary
    I know you were asking the other guy, but I figured you might be interested in our kill aswell :P
    P.S. Aggra was 4 healed too
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Deleted
    Something needs to be done........ raid is still very hard . needs nerfs

Deleted
    It's very clear there is no intention to nerf the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponky View Post
    Flame rend on Aggramar does 0 damage right now so that's that.
    Tanks are taking shit tons of damage apparently, including Argus...
    It's more than tanks, unavoidable damage on both Mythic Aggramar and Mythic Argus is hitting insanely hard. For example the add AoE pulse is doing 8k per add, x2 adds = 16k every 2 seconds. I have 33k health on my Demon Hunter so this AoE is pulsing almost 50% of my health pool every couple seconds. Add explosion dot is ticking far too hard too. The primary problem with Aggramar is they designed it to require mass grip, they nerfed mass grip with prepatch.

Mythic Argus got nerfed a very small portion of whats actually the problem, they nerfed his scythe hits, however his melees are still insane. Bursts and Bombs are doing so much more damage and its harder to manage as healers. Chains are ticking way too hard and reorigination modules have way too much health
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

We didn't do mythic this week cause we're not interested in wasting time on a raid that was much easier last week for what amounts to leveling gear. Blizz is being idiotic about this situation for some reason. -40% aura like it was in WoD and MoP its not fucking rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    We didn't do mythic this week cause we're not interested in wasting time on a raid that was much easier last week for what amounts to leveling gear. Blizz is being idiotic about this situation for some reason. -40% aura like it was in WoD and MoP its not fucking rocket science.
    That's just it, no one wants to reprogress when it should be easier after patch. We're only doing to cement mains, and get better gear for leveling for people who will be playing something different in BfA then in Antorus. And for fun too, but it's not fun wiping or struggling with a boss you wrecked just a week ago.

Inb4 blizz will come out with some bullshit post soon saying 'It is our intention to keep Antorus difficult as to retain its prestige' or some other bullshit like tbat rofl. And I am someone who is really excited for BfA, yet blizz has been making some very weird and questionable decisions lately....

I don't get why they nerfed everything up to Tomb by 31% but left Antorus intact. The raid is miles harder than what it was even before empowered artifacts were a thing, magic damage of various flavors is trucking raids and tanks in uninteresting ways, and they decide nerfing Trial of Valor is totally the answer?

This is the end of the xpack. Nobody wants to progress anymore, least of all reprogress, and CE is gone. Nerf that shit to the ground and allow us to have some fun. Aggramar alone was a pain in the butt due to the grip nerf, having to 5 heal so that the raid doesn't get gibbed from the pulsing add damage and still barely survive it is ridiculous.