Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SolSphere View Post
    I can't say you're wrong, because I don't know their number either, but I sure as shit can say you are not necessarily right.
    You could have written just this sentence and I would have agreed. As in, sure, there is some potential that I am wrong (and the number of players in other MMORPGs can be said to be "negligible" wrt that of WoW). Although I am pretty sure I am not wrong and I think you would, if cornered to give a yes/no answer, have to agree.

The game is far from dying, I don't know why people keep saying that. I mean, if it's dead to you it's one thing, but dying completely it's another all around. It still has one of the biggest playerbases in the world.

Server Issues always happens, with any game I play, even some that don't require internet connection. Money doesn't make you failproof. There's always a bottleneck somewhere. That said, I'm not trying to defend Blizz by any means, but I also reckon that this is not anything unexpected or experience breaking in my life to say "the game is dead" or "shitty company sucking my money and not delivering". Releases are something complicated to manage, and being honest regarding the situation, the biggest chunk of BfA release was on this prepatch. I'd rather see problems now, so Aug/14th it's smoother.
    Last edited by Tabulhos; 2018-07-18 at 07:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You could have written just this sentence and I would have agreed. As in, sure, there is some potential that I am wrong (and the number of players in other MMORPGs can be said to be "negligible" wrt that of WoW). Although I am pretty sure I am not wrong and I think you would, if cornered to give a yes/no answer, have to agree.
    Sure I can be man enough to say if I had to make a decision based on what I know and have seen, subs are down from 5.5. I’m sure they will go up with the launch of BfA, but will probably not reach the peak it made back in the day ever again. I have no problem with that argument in itself.

I would never use that thought in an argument though, because of the lack of facts. That was my point really. The rest was just having fun because the words objection and conjecture came to mind.
    Last edited by SolSphere; 2018-07-18 at 03:14 PM.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Guild Wars 2
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Warframe
    The Division
    The Old Republic

I could go on but if you're asking me the question it's like you're not even aware of the level of quality of other games' launches and major patches out there.
    You obviously never played the Division at launch. errors a plenty for everyone. huge amounts of exploits and bugs (literally putting on netlimiter to lag yourself and you could spambuy things.) so the economy was ruined from day 1 and it wasn't fixed for over 2 months!

same for ToR. laggy buggy mess. warframe was ok, but has still patched itself great.

To be fair, I never played ESO, but with the exception of that, ALL of those games had shockingly bad launches.. and patched themselves good. just youtube 'Division 2018' and look at the video titles.. all praising it in 2018.. now that it has had year+ of patches and fixes..

this is kind of how game dev is nowadays, do I like it? not much.. but I accept that with million+ players... and all the system changes, not everything will get worked out in PTR/Beta..

Throughout the beta, I've seen VERY little testing actually going on. they make it as easy as poss with a little tickbox at the bottom of quests for 'is there any issues with this quest?' and you can say yes.. and time and time again, I see streamers on beta ignore that box. whether there is an issue or not.. they can only do SO much with such awful feedback.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    No.... There track record has never been good. Legion is the exception. Are you trying to make an arugment just to create an arguement?
    Did you even read my post? i said After Legion! not before. I know they had a shit content pacing before Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Name me one other company that doesn't.

It's a huge patch. Issues occur.

FF14- Current expansion had server instance issues being flooded for quests to the point some servers had to form a line. Servers were even on lockdown due to congestion.

Wildstar- Complete and utter bugged mess on launch.

Rift- Let's not even go there.

GW2- Heart of Thorns had it's fair share of issues come launch day.

The point is there will always be issues no matter what when it comes to a major launch day/big patch.
    Ah yes, the mighty Raubahn Ex.
    The most difficult of boss fights.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't taste very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft, a game so dead that the janitor of a small software company WHO TOTALLY KNOWS HOW SOFTWARE WORKS won't just shut the fuck up about it

The behavior of addicts is weird
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    It's called 15+ years of legacy code and a shiton of side effects for everything you touch at a core level.
    Careful bringing such a refined sense of logic in here... Others may begin to screech.

"But they've been doing this for YEARS they should be able to avoid *w/e happened that ruffled feathers*"

They introduce a new system each expansion, bound to be issues considering the breadth of old code in the game that may not play nice with new stuff. People need to chill.

Deleted
    After the legendary Diablo 3 Error 37 fiasco, 2-3 pretty messed up WoW launches, a ton of income from WoW subs alone, a substantially diminished number of players alleviating the server load, hardware that should be top of the line or close to it, a ton of testers who test their game and report bugs for free and at least 2 major studios in the world with a WoW team that they've said had been increasing since mists...

What unholy fuck explanation is there to still so many glaring, reported months ago issues on a patch day?
    Do I even want to know the state of BFA?
    Whatever happened to "When it's ready" and pushing back deadlines to ensure this?

Starcraft 1 was delayed like 3 years, and this was a time when Blizzard didn't make around a billlion a year from a subscription fee alone.
    Have you heard of this community before?

If they were 2years and 1 day late with the release, they would turn the tables and you would see threads with /wristcut threats etc.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2018-07-18 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    I havent had a chance to log in yet and wont be able to play until at least tomorrow after 5 but FUCK YOU BLIZZARD, CANT BELIEVE YOU CAN STILL FUCK UP THIS BAD EVEN AFTER ALL THE YEARS OF FUCKING OMG! ITS BECAUSE PVPERS AND PET BATTLES TOOK TOO MUCH RESOURCES AWAY FROM RAIDING AND YOURE JUST TRYING TO KEEP ME SUBBED WELL FUCK THAT IM UNSUBBING! Soooooo, whats the issues some people are wetting their pants about?

Raging I cant get to play until tomorrow, curse this social life of mine :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    I havent had a chance to log in yet and wont be able to play until at least tomorrow after 5 but FUCK YOU BLIZZARD, CANT BELIEVE YOU CAN STILL FUCK UP THIS BAD EVEN AFTER ALL THE YEARS OF FUCKING OMG! ITS BECAUSE PVPERS AND PET BATTLES TOOK TOO MUCH RESOURCES AWAY FROM RAIDING AND YOURE JUST TRYING TO KEEP ME SUBBED WELL FUCK THAT IM UNSUBBING! Soooooo, whats the issues some people are wetting their pants about?

Raging I cant get to play until tomorrow, curse this social life of mine :/
    You should hangout with OP.

I work in soft dev and we have a pre-production that's a copy paste of our production environment, it's why we call it pre-prod.

When we have glaring issues on prod deployments it's only because our boss is retarded and makes us commit changes and deploy withour our QAs having time to test properly or our devs having time to implement a well thought out fix, instead we just patch shit left and right.
    You realize this is exactly what happened here with Blizzard right lol.. They have to make deadlines and push things out before they're completely tested. How can you not see this?

Dude, I said already that "none were re-directed away from WoW by Blizzard" is completely irrelevant, I explained to you that resources move differently. People always move on their own. The direction is still set from above. By Blizzard. So, when you are saying that nobody was taken and told to stop working on WoW and go work on Overwatch, this is true, but this is beside the point. This happens differently, the guy moved voluntarily. But the important thing for WoW is that he, the experienced guy, moved away from WoW and into other games which had openings (and good ones). And that movements into WoW were into low-level openings from projects that were being closed.
    Now you are trying to move the goalpposts and change what oyu said:

If you aren't aware, that's how resources move: teams recruit from other teams in the same company, it's always (ok, nearly always) consensual. Projects on which resources are being reduced have less good openings than others. People always move naturally, but the directions are dictated by big winds on a strategic level.
    You flat out stated that Blizzard dictated where those devs went. You are claiming, without any evidence to back it up, that resource for WoW have been reduced. IN fact, the only news posted about resources related to WoW is that they were INCREASING them with MORE developers, not less.

Since you are blatantly lying about what you originally said, ignore list it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Now you are trying to move the goalpposts and change what oyu said: ... You flat out stated that Blizzard dictated where those devs went.
    You cannot read, buddy. Right in your quote "it's always (ok, nearly always) consensual" and "people always move naturally". I guess you don't know what the word "consensual" means. That's OK, I clarified what I meant in the next post, but you saying that I changed what I am saying is beyond laughable.

Read more books, I guess. Good for the brain and for the vocabulary.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they messed up the stat squish when it comes to old content it takes forever to kill older content now.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Guild Wars 2
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Warframe
    The Division
    The Old Republic

I could go on but if you're asking me the question it's like you're not even aware of the level of quality of other games' launches and major patches out there.
    Ahahaha did you really just try and say Warframe....PC literally refers to itself as the bug testers for console.

LMAO. It's getting better and better.
    ALL FIVE BUGS I reported 4 builds ago on the PTR are in the live game. Probably they weren't even read.

Just imagine, they have released a game with broken garrison and two broken Legion zones, with Val'shara bugged absolutely and fatally.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The game has been dying for a few years, so everyone who is even remotely capable of anything has been redirected to other Blizzard games. It's hilarious how people refuse to accept this at all cost, yet it has been obvious from pretty much everything they do.
    yeah a game dying with millions and millions of people playing it each day, cool story bro, go back to cs

I work in soft dev and we have a pre-production that's a copy paste of our production environment, it's why we call it pre-prod.

When we have glaring issues on prod deployments it's only because our boss is retarded and makes us commit changes and deploy withour our QAs having time to test properly or our devs having time to implement a well thought out fix, instead we just patch shit left and right.
    is your prod the same says as WoWs? i doubt it... does it have end users that have virtually every random hardware and drive config possible upon which you have zero control over? doubtful...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It's not like it's done on purpose. Something went wrong, they worked hours to fix. It sucks, but shit happens.

Despite all the work on Beta and PTR, the amount of people testing there is a tiny fraction of the real playerbase. Once you deployed to live servers, the real test begins, and that's the reason we get this a prepatch weeks before the expansion, and why there's no event in the first week. Problems are expected and need to be fixed before the real content is released.

You can expect more maintenance and lots of hotfixes over the week. There's still a ton of broken shit waiting to be fixed right now. That's just how things are.
    Whatever...