Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New expansion demo spec hype cicle.

-> Everyone excited for new demo changes its time now boys!(demo gets a rework every single expansion)

-> Blizzard nerfs warlocks on the prepatch day0 just because we would be OP for a couple of weeks, cant happen (expansion launc will fix it!)

-> Expansion launches ppl level to max level, level is so easy noone cares. (Max level scaling will fix it!)

-> Warlocks start to get disapointed with damage compared with other classes while doing 5man dungeons at max level (1st raid balance patch will fix it!)

-> Those who were excited with demo start changing spec (next content patch will fix it!)

-> Community says warlocks suck, just a summon stick blabalba (gear will fix it!)

-> 1st Raid launches, locks mediocre on the important fights (2nd tier raid will fix it!)

-> 2nd raid launches, locks start to scale better, lock specs get balanced via patches. none cares anymore for Demo since its all about cleave/AOE

-> 3rd Raid, its all about affliction padding!! (next expansion will fix it!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    -> Everyone excited for new demo changes its time now boys!(demo gets a rework every single expansion)

-> Blizzard nerfs warlocks on the prepatch day0 just because we would be OP for a couple of weeks, cant happen (expansion launc will fix it!)

-> Expansion launches ppl level to max level, level is so easy noone cares. (Max level scaling will fix it!)

-> Warlocks start to get disapointed with damage compared with other classes while doing 5man dungeons at max level (1st raid balance patch will fix it!)

-> Those who were excited with demo start changing spec (next content patch will fix it!)

-> Community says warlocks suck, just a summon stick blabalba (gear will fix it!)

-> 1st Raid launches, locks mediocre on the important fights (2nd tier raid will fix it!)

-> 2nd raid launches, locks start to scale better, lock specs get balanced via patches. none cares anymore for Demo since its all about cleave/AOE

At least it's actually fun to play much unlike the shitfest that was legion demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

Hmmm almost sound exactly what everyone said in legio. Demo is gonna be great! So much fun just needs tuning, 7.3 came zero changes but nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Hmmm almost sound exactly what everyone said in legio. Demo is gonna be great! So much fun just needs tuning, 7.3 came zero changes but nerfs
    That's not accurate. People were specifically complaining about the overall design/gameplay of demo and specifically Demonic Empowerment in the Legion beta and even alpha. It wasn't just a numbers issue. At leas the core functionality of the spec is in a good place for BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played since Vanilla. Only ever played Demo through one raid tier and when we got our first talent revamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    That's not accurate. People were specifically complaining about the overall design/gameplay of demo and specifically Demonic Empowerment in the Legion beta and even alpha. It wasn't just a numbers issue. At leas the core functionality of the spec is in a good place for BFA.
    Pretty much this. I pulled fine numbers with Demo warlock in legion but the whole demonic empowerment thing just felt bad. When so much of your casting is to put up something you don't see/hear/feel and does not direct damage just felt weird. It would not have been so bad if the buff was on you and not the pet so you did not have to keep recasting it constantly and could just refresh it every time it wore off instead of basically doing it after every batch of pets to make sure it was active for them.

I quite liked Legion demo, even with the Demonic empowerment. It definitely had some issues but the core idea of the spec was quite fun.

BfA Demo isn't really that much different to the Legion playstyle; they just made tweaks in the right places to really make the spec *pop*.

If players really like a spec or a class, they'll stick with it regardless. I switched mains from Shaman to Warlock because I wasn't happy with the former's apparent lack of survival skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    If players really like a spec or a class, they'll stick with it regardless. I switched mains from Shaman to Warlock because I wasn't happy with the former's apparent lack of survival skills.
    Enjoying your mobility now? Hahah
    Thanks for the heads up!

I tried demo today. It’s fun watching someone else play demo - because they’re summoning so many demons and you get to see them all pop out. But once you’re playing demo yourself, you don’t necessarily notice all the demons. A lot of the demons are up by the boss and you’re far away from the boss. It’s fun! No doubt! But maybe not visually compelling. Destro is a lot flashier. Big green glowy magic shoots out of your hands. So I’m kinda interested in switching to destro...we’ll see

Hunter has 2 good dps specs and one is a meme, mage has had 2 good specs and one that works about 25% of the time,rogue more or less has had one and a half of a usable dps spec all expansion, warlock has two competitive specs and one that never quiet works and everybody looses their mind.

I am not saying its alright however it seems Blizz can at any time can only produce 2 competent specs for a pure dps class with the third one limping around

Quote Originally Posted by IAmJakub View Post
    Hunter has 2 good dps specs and one is a meme, mage has had 2 good specs and one that works about 25% of the time,rogue more or less has had one and a half of a usable dps spec all expansion, warlock has two competitive specs and one that never quiet works and everybody looses their mind.

I am not saying its alright however it seems Blizz can at any time can only produce 2 competent specs for a pure dps class with the third one limping around
    Thing is demo was right up there until they nerfed it right before going live. Demo was doing just fine in beta, but yeah like always they have to push unjustified nerfs because the spec "might" be broken. So we end up on the bottom end instead of the middle of the pack yay!

Still love the new spec tho, they went in the right direction for once with class fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Enjoying your mobility now? Hahah
    Touche. I still think Burning Rush should be baseline for the class, but what can ya do eh. I guess I'd rather live a bit longer and be a bit slow, than be lightning fast and weak like wet tissue paper.

I was pretty hyped to play demo in this pre-patch tbh but the spec is just way too shit atm. Kind of depressing.

When all your raid data has demo firmly at the bottom of every fight in just about every ilvl yet we keep nerfing it while top performers get buffs it’s easy to give the trolls a pat on the head. It’s also weaker in m+ too...yeah hard to say blizz called this one well at all. Saddest part is they can’t ever own it and revert. Ego dictates we don’t see change until 8.1 or so.

I have not yet purchased Bfa and this is exactly why. Could they pull off a demo redesign and not make it an imp mother 2.0, “Rube Goldberg” dps machine, or simply clip its wings in a functional but “we would prefer if you didn’t play demo” kind of ways?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking about live now.

In PvE style wise its pretty great (except the opening sequence - it sucks).
    Numbers wise its fucking ridiculous. Blizzard nerfed it too much.

In PvP it sucks both style wise and number wise.
    You can do something if you face the casters. Avoid interrupt and load all the guns+CC.
    But if you face rogues, warriors, DH, DK, Hunters, Retri, Enh then you can't even start damaging them. All spells are so slow and you need to stay still to even do some damage. You can't run away, you don't have the sustain since they put all these talents in the same row. Its fucking disgrace.
    And even with all CC and lame ass portal you can hardly allow yourself the free window to begin the opening sequence.
    And even if you'll do this, the damage output is ridiculous. One day i tested the damage on disciples priest who just stand still and heal himself - and i couldnt put him below 50% for a straight 10 minutes (and in the end he had 100% of mana pool). Thats when i realized i will never be able to defeat him. Then he started DD me, and i couldnt even heal myself with shittyass Drain Life and HealthStone. I lost.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2018-07-19 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I have not yet purchased Bfa and this is exactly why.
    Then you are simply a poor and misguided person.

1. Prepatch BS was expected and it's nothing new, I wish to remind you that during Legion pre-patch Demo was stomping everything in all situations and as you see - it meant jack shit in the end Legion live. What you see now in logs means nothing for how BfA will turn out, especially because everyone and their mothers abuse various existing items and legendaries loopholes after squish, which will be irrelevant in BfA.
    2. BfA Demo gameplay itself is very good and the revamp is generally accepted to be a good one - the main issue IS numbers now and maybe in BfA too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Then you are simply a poor and misguided person.

1. Prepatch BS was expected and it's nothing new, I wish to remind you that during Legion pre-patch Demo was stomping everything in all situations and as you see - it meant jack shit in the end Legion live. What you see now in logs means nothing for how BfA will turn out, especially because everyone and their mothers abuse various existing items and legendaries loopholes after squish, which will be irrelevant in BfA.
    2. BfA Demo gameplay itself is very good and the revamp is generally accepted to be a good one - the main issue IS numbers now and maybe in BfA too.
    Maybe your post would've been valid before Legion but Blizzard has already lost all trustworthiness towards balance, especially regarding Demo. The issue (at least in PvE) is just numbers, yeah, but that is no small issue. I wish I believed Blizzard would fix them but I've been let down one too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Speaking about live now.

In PvE style wise its pretty great (except the opening sequence - it sucks).
    Numbers wise its fucking ridiculous. Blizzard nerfed it too much.

In PvP it sucks both style wise and number wise.
    You can do something if you face the casters. Avoid interrupt and load all the guns+CC.
    But if you face rogues, warriors, DH, DK, Hunters, Retri, Enh then you can't even start damaging them. All spells are so slow and you need to stay still to even do some damage. You can't run away, you don't have the sustain since they put all these talents in the same row. Its fucking disgrace.
    And even with all CC and lame ass portal you can hardly allow yourself the free window to begin the opening sequence.
    And even if you'll do this, the damage output is ridiculous. One day i tested the damage on disciples priest who just stand still and heal himself - and i couldnt put him below 50% for a straight 10 minutes (and in the end he had 100% of mana pool). Thats when i realized i will never be able to defeat him. Then he started DD me, and i couldnt even heal myself with shittyass Drain Life and HealthStone. I lost.
    Completely agree about PvP, it seems utterly useless right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorze View Post
    Maybe your post would've been valid before Legion but Blizzard has already lost all trustworthiness towards balance, especially regarding Demo. The issue (at least in PvE) is just numbers, yeah, but that is no small issue. I wish I believed Blizzard would fix them but I've been let down one too many times.
    I find it large spoken as a warlock.

We are more often than not find ourselves gravitating to OPAF status over these years. Who knows, maybe this is actually the so coveted balance you want.