Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    What do you mean a non profit organization isn't the same as a billion dollar multinational!
    RedHat Inc. (NASDAQ: RHT) is not a non-profit organization.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Except you can solve contractual problems by using software to turn of problematic features. It's not that hard.
    No need to "turn off" software when the problem isn't software.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nah, the question is if Apple is shady with their iTunes store. I don't have Apple, so I don't know.
    I'm sure they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Puts my parking ticket in perspective.

But good on the EU for making an example. It always annoys me that company's seem to get away with trivial punishments alot of the time, like when funnily enough Google again was found to be dodging tax in the UK, the Pm worked out a friendly deal and they only payed a fraction of what they owed, if it had been a small buissness they would have been bent over the barrel.

People can't deny that large corporations have been and are getting Hugh leniency and advantages from governments. Any one pro free market and pro fair play should be against such anti-competitive behaviour and be supportive of the EU in this action.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think the EU has been trying to extort American companies.
    Another hit and run trolling by our resident independent...spouting his conspiracy theories.

No proof, no citations, no facts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Another hit and run trolling by our resident independent...spouting his conspiracy theories.

No proof, no citations, no facts.
    As with 90% of Zenkai's shit posts
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think the EU has been trying to extort American companies.
    The case was 7 years in the making. Well before trump was a blip in US politic. Also, Alphabet is the top destination for and employs a large number of EU's Stem and MBA grads. The last thing EU want to do is extort Alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The case was 7 years in the making. Well before trump was a blip in US politic. Also, Alphabet is the top destination for and employs a large number of EU's Stem and MBA grads. The last thing EU want to do is extort Alphabet.
    The EU gets a boner for rules and applying them. That's probably their only fault.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The EU gets a boner for rules and applying them. That's probably their only fault.
    Much better that regulators just don't bother enforcing the rules...

That's pretty Much what happens in the UK a lot of the time tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    Google’s a business. The EU is entitled to pass any law they like. Google will remain a business option in the EU as long as it’s profitable to them. As soon as loss from taxes/fines becomes possible to negate profit, Google will leave the EU. Then the EU would be fucked. Short of copyright violation, there’s no way to create a European Google. The algorithm and research is proprietary.

Google blocks European IPs for a day, and watch the EU change its tune. Google is the real power here.
    If google blocked the EU?

Next day you will see a increase in usage for other company while at the same time Google, who just lost a a large chunk of revenue, will either go bankrupt or have a management change.

Deleted
    It's just odd to me that you aren't allowed to push your own services on your own operating system.

The fact that it's a US problem no doubt played a part in the hight of the fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It's just odd to me that you aren't allowed to push your own services on your own operating system.

The fact that it's a US problem no doubt played a part in the hight of the fine imo.
    "Pushing your own services" is one thing, forbidding customers straight up to use a different product at all, that's locking out competition.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

So are you using Internet Explorer?

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So are you using Internet Explorer?
    A gaming forum is probably not the best place to ask this. Microsoft never could convince tech savy people that their browser had any other function than to download a better browser. The problem was that the vast, vast majority of users did not bother to go that extra step. We are the minority here, it's them that needed the protection.