Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

It's not perfect, but the new Surv is a step in the right direction at least.

Like I'm still not stoked that they're keeping this whole melee experiment going but this one doesn't feel quite as clunky.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Took me a little bit, at first, to get used to it. I like it enough to level with it.

Mixed bag I think. It removed some of the clunkiness from Legion but it made the synergy issues even worse. Literally none of the class' buttons work together. It's just a bunch of stuff you press when it's off cooldown.

As a result the spec feels really bare bones. Keep up your DoT, use KC/grenade on cooldown then mash raptor strike.

I liked the Legion version of the spec, I felt like Batman. My ass filled with gadgets for every situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

The spec feels extremely simple and predictable, not really sure if I like that, I feel it should at least have another button that interacted with the other skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    The spec feels extremely simple and predictable, not really sure if I like that, I feel it should at least have another button that interacted with the other skills.
    DH, Assa rogue, Warrior says hello? Simple wut?
    Not saying it is not simple but just not 'simpler' than others imho

Deleted
    I played SV for all of this expansion (except the large break from WoW I took in the middle of it). It was too complex, probably the most complex spec in the game to play, and now I feel that it is too simple. It's not the only spec with this issue but it feels a very marked change from the old to the new.

Perhaps with some tweaking of the talent choices to make some of the active abilities stronger could help push it into a more happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    Literally none of the class' buttons work together. It's just a bunch of stuff you press when it's off cooldown.
    if this post didn't have a time stamp i would've thought this was talking about 7.0..

hawk works with raptor/mongoose. carve interacts with grenade. heck grenade interacts with pretty much everything if you have infusion. raptor tickles sting procs with talent. etc.. there is about 50000% more synergy than legion survival, which was just push whatever of your 50 non-interacting abilities comes off cooldown and flanking strike maybe gives you a mongoose :/

anyway, survival is indeed not perfect, but it is a lot more interesting than havoc just became, yeurgh. i do miss caltrops, but i'd like to see them without the 100% uptime. something like 30s cd with 15-20s alive time - or even kept in a trap that pops them out. but using a trap offensively was really cool.. unless explosive trap is still around and i am just not seeing it hidden away in the little traps pop-out button? *rushes off*

I think it's funny how they've made all of our skills ranged except for raptor strike/carve, maybe in the expansion after BFA they'll go all the way and replace raptor strike/carve with arcane shot/multishot.