Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exodus of the Storm Queen Dungeon opens up on Prime today, plus the 20-man T3 Raid Infernal Dawn comes to LFR, also a Mech event is taking place on both Live and Prime and if you have any old currencies from the various mount events over the past few years, all the currencies have been consolidated into one called Chaos Motes.

RIFT Hotfix #13 09/27/18

RIFT PATCH NOTES

LIVE:

WORLD EVENT:

Mechs on Parade! Read more here!

https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...chs-on-parade/

Mech Events come to Telara, along with brand new models!
    Converted special world event currencies to Chaos Motes

More:

Opening the Trove of Mounts will no longer crash the client.
    Golem Foundry - Temporal Flux Vault has been removed as a drop.

PRIME:

STORM LEGION PRELUDE:

Crucia plots with her secret cabal of supporters to escape - The Exodus of the Storm Queen is at hand!

https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...e-storm-queen/

RAIDS:

PRIMEVAL FEAST:

Reduced the health values of Devious Trolls and Wicker Fiends in Lord Twyl encounter (Lord Twyl’s Devious Trolls and Wicker Fiends are slightly less Devious and Fiendish)
    Reduced damage of Dark Moon Volley

INFERNAL DAWN:

Infernal Dawn is now available via LFR
    Members of the Ember Conclave have their health reduced slightly

RAIDS - GENERAL

Instance locks are now present on the T2 and T3 Raids, River of Souls, Rise of the Phoenix, Primeval Feast, and Infernal Dawn.

WORLD EVENT:

Mechs on Parade!

Mech events come to Telara, along with brand new models!
    Converted special world event currencies to Chaos Motes
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5364863

10+ Year Old Account
    Busy busy busy at work, didn't even get time to post on here so playing catch up.

RIFT Hotfix #14 03/10/2018

LIVE:

• Misc. non-player-facing updates (read: you won't see them in the client)

PRIME:

STORM LEGION

• Crucia is free and Telara is in peril! Welcome to the challenge of Storm Legion!

PRIMEVAL FEAST

• Lord Twyl’s Crippling Spiders have had their health reduced

• Misc. non-player-facing updates (read: you won't see them in the client)
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5365205

RIFT Hotfix #15 10/10/2018

LIVE

- prepping for Autumn Harvest behind the scenes

PRIME

- Tempest Bay Crafting Work Order Quest NPCs are now much more cooperative after completing their anger management class

- Resolved quantum mechanics involved in mentoring over level 50. Let us know if you see any further issues!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5365622

Halloween returns to Telara in the form of Autumn Harvest which begins today, plus Storm Legion Expert Dungeons are now open.

RIFT Hotfix #16 10/17/2018

LIVE:

ITEMS:

The new Crucia mount is now properly sorted as a Dragon mount in the Mount Window.
    The new Ascended Capes now properly boost XP until level 70.
    Music boxes on Prophecy of Ahnket zone quatermasters are no longer hidden on the merchant by default.

GENERAL:

Fixed Stormbreak Mechs to properly set your max health when mentored
    A mischievous prankster named Jack has cast a spell over all of Telara, and the planes as well. Is this a sinister plot to ruin Autumn Harvest? Or is it just some wholesome fun that befits the season?

PRIME:

CONTENT:

Experts dungeons are now active!
    Warfronts: Mercenary Equipment Caches have been removed.
    Fixed Stormbreak Mechs to properly set your max health when mentored.

GENERAL:

The PvP gear vendors have arrived!
    Music boxes on Prophecy of Ahnket zone quatermasters are no longer hidden on the merchant by default.
    A mischievous prankster named Jack has cast a spell over all of Telara, and the planes as well. Is this a sinister plot to ruin Autumn Harvest? Or is it just some wholesome fun that befits the season?
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5365976

10+ Year Old Account
    Atrophinius and the Harvest Festival have upped stakes and moved everything to Sanctum and Meridian, also means that we can do Instant Adventures on Prime but it's just the Autumn Harvest one for Gloamwood.

RIFT Hotfix #17 19/10/2018

AUTUMN HARVEST - LIVE & PRIME:

Atrophinius has had enough of the critters in the Realm of Autumn Harvest and has moved his operations to the nearest capital city of Sanctum and Meridian.
    Autumn Eyes potions are no longer available from quests. They have been replaced by Autumnal Pinatas.
    Existing Autumn Eyes potions can be used to give yourself a quantity of Autumn Harvest Amber Sap.
    The Autumn Harvest Fae Rings are no more.
    The new Deathwalker necks have had their +HIT increased.
    The Harvest Meadow dimension key has been added to the Autumn Harvest shop.
    Multiple wardrobe items have been added to the Autumn Harvest store and merchants.
    Pet Skin: Spooky has been added to the Autumn Harvest store and merchants.

LIVE ONLY – Account wide versions of previous Autumn Harvest mounts have been added to the Autumn Harvest store.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5366290

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the first 'Hotfix' from the Gamigo Team, even though Fae Yule is just an annual event......

RIFT Hotfix #18 - December 13, 2018 - Patch Notes

LIVE:

Fae Yule has once again come to Telara, participate in the seasonal events to earn limited holiday rewards.

PRIME:

Fae Yule has once again come to Telara, participate in the seasonal events to earn limited holiday rewards.
    Fixed a bug that caused Abyssal Crusader's Marks to drop in place of Void Stones.
    Converted Abyssal Crusader's marks to Void Stones.
    Fixed bug that caused the last three bosses of Archive of Flesh Expert to drop the wrong items
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5369451

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Wow, I half expected there to be at least ONE other poster than Slipmat and his usual shilling.

Apparently RIFT is even deader than I thought. And I didn't have high hopes for it to begin with lol.
    Yeah he literally bumps the Rift sub forum now and then for attention. Nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently RIFT is even deader than I thought
    Do you even Rift? have you logged in today? this week? have you looked around in all cities? game might be down a bit on numbers but it's far from dead, lots of people running around doing the Event stuff, but of course if you actually did play you'd know this.

No, literally haven't, nor has anyone but you apparently since you're still the only one posting in here.

I mean, just look at this thread. Prior to me saying that, you were the ONLY one posting in this thread. Literally for months. Face it, nobody wants to play RIFT anymore. The last post from ANYONE other than you was three months ago. You've just been bumping this same thread every now and then.

It's pretty pathetic. Not that I'd expect better from you.

I used to like RIFT. I liked it until the end of Storm Legion. Nightmare Tide was a disaster and it never recovered. It's absolutely in it's death throes. RIFT Prime is even worse, being a bastardized pretend version of the game that actually was good.
    Prime is actually dead. Logged in with a 7 day pass I got from Steam (fuck no would I actually pay to log into it) and not one person in the 100+ member guild I was in had been on for 5 months and everywhere was a ghost town.

As for live. It's definitely gone down a lot since Gamigo took over. Although it never had much to go down to in the first place. Guess people don't care for playing with the future of the game being quite uncertain. I mean Gamigo is where IP's go to die.

As for Slipmat you are absolutely right. As I said he just posts for attention. Nothing more. He knows perfectly well nobody gives a damn about Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've just been bumping this same thread every now and then
    Yeah, i just post 'BUMP' every few days.......

You are aware the Thread is about Hotfixes right? then you'd also be aware i make posts here when there is a hotfix, not my problem if it triggers some people to post their 'outrage' at Hotfix notes getting posted on a Hotfix Thread......

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to "BUMP" this Thread again....

This is probably a case of too late to the party now that everyone has left, but they've finally opened up Tier One raids on Prime, Crucia and Regulos await us in Frozen Tempest and Endless Eclipse.

RIFT Hotfix #19 - December 20, 2018 - Patch Notes

LIVE:

Fixed a bug that prevented the guild roster from displaying member locations
    Set Fae Yule Minion Missions to occur again. These missions will persist during the week after the event ends, ending on 1/17/19 at 10:29 server time.
    Fixed a bug that prevented Cyril from resetting correctly in Triumph of the Dragon Queen

PRIME:

A new traveler has joined the Fae Yule festivities to assist the ascended of Vigil. Visit Risa in your home city, near the portal to the sledding event to participate in Fae Yule Instant Adventures.
    Fixed a bug that prevented the guild roster from displaying member locations
    Players entering Infernal Dawn will now be mentored to Level 51 on Prime Server
    Storm Legion Tier 1 raids Frozen Tempest, Endless Eclipse, and Triumph of the Dragon Queen are now unlocked. Additionally, the merchant Nox Alar in Tempest Bay will trade Frozen Eclipse stones for select pieces of gear from any of the three raids.
    The Great Hunt merchants have arrived on Vigil.
    Fixed a bug that prevented Cyril from resetting correctly in Triumph of the Dragon Queen
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5369678

10+ Year Old Account
    First 'patch' of 2019 so don't expect too much, just a few lines....

RIFT Hotfix #20 - January 9, 2019

RAIDS:

Fixed Endless Eclipse image in LFR window
    Reduced health and damage values of Artifex Zaviel
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5370419

Gamigo also announced last week plans to overhaul and rework the Daily Rewards Calendar which rewards players with goodies if they log on for 21 days in a month.

My guess is they'll take a few items from Prime and player feedback which they've asked for in the relevant Thread:

The team is looking into reworking the daily reward calendar in an effort to give more of a fresh look to the feature for our community. We decided to gather feedback directly from our players. Please post in the comments the rewards you would like to see in the revamped version.

Please, keep in mind that not all items are eligible for daily rewards and that not all suggestions will make it in the final version.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5370206

They really needed "patch notes" to say that they fixed an image for a raid mode nobody does and nerfed one single mob?

Out of all the things that need fixing with this game the daily reward calendar should be low prio. But eh the game is essentially on life support anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems Gamigo is at least listening to some feedback, based on a Forum post about which events players would like to see return, the first of them starts tomorrow, Call to Arms - Mech Week.

RIFT Patch - January 24, 2019

LIVE:

The Mechs on Parade Call to Action has returned to Live and Prime for 1/25/19 – 1/28/19.
    Laethys' Indulgence Power Pack is now available on the RIFT Store.

PRIME:

The Mechs on Parade Call to Action has returned to Live and Prime for 1/25/19 – 1/28/

BUG FIXES:

Added 160% mounted movement speed to Laethys Broodling mount
    Fixed bug with Golden Perciever clicky
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5371052

Welp, I guess turning back on old events is more "content" than live has seen in a long while under Trion.

Congrats gamigo, you already appear to be doing better than Trion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite a return to the Golden days of a page long Patch but slightly more lines than previous patches.

RIFT Patch - February 6, 2019

LIVE PATCH NOTES:

WORLD EVENTS:

Call to Action - Hellbugs will run from Friday, February 8, 2019 beginning at 12:01 AM server time until Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM server time.

RAIDS:

In preparation for future content releases, and to encourage more hybridization amongst tanks in raids, we have removed Legendary Hits from bosses in Bastion of Steel, Tartaric Depths and Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix.

DIMENSIONS:

Added ability for addon commands “Command.Dimension.Layout.Place” and “Command.Dimension.Layout.Pickup” to work with items in the moving crate.
    Added General category and Individual Reward Charges to currency addon inspect commands.

You can now drop items from Dimension moving crates directly into your inventory without having to place the items in your dimension first. The moving crate window will have an additional button to do this.
    Fixed typo in addon documentation for the function name for Inspect.Dimension.Layout.Detail

The Hawk Vox dimension item should once again be placeable.
    Golden Perciever VFX should be properly displaying!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5371546

"Future content releases"?

I mean we haven't had anything for the going on a year now. It's safe to say that the only upcoming raid is most likely the GSB rehash and that won't be coming for 6-12 months. So yippee wait a total of a year and half- 2 years to get a raid that's just a higher difficulty of an already existing one.

I mean enabling old events is cool and all but that's really not enough to keep people entertained for the year and from what my friends tell me who are still holding onto hope the game is a ghost town for the most part.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-06 at 02:01 PM.

So what are these "Legendary Hits"? Big boss attacks or something?

Either way, it's still nice seeing gamigo appearing to put forth more effort to support live servers than Trion has. At least they're turning on old events to give players something to do instead of just waiting for copy/paste patch notes from the Prime servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Either way, it's still nice seeing gamigo appearing to put forth more effort to support live servers than Trion has. At least they're turning on old events to give players something to do instead of just waiting for copy/paste patch notes from the Prime servers.
    I don't see them supporting Prime for much longer personally with how dead that thing is. When I used the 7 day code back in Nov/Dec to take a look the most recent person to log on in my guild was 5 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No Patch this week, just a restart but the Rift CM, Zyra, did explain the resoning behind this Legendary Hit for pure Tanks getting removed, seems they want to go back to encouraging Hybrid builds which sounds a bit more decent than "61 point builds or GTFO!"

Legendary Hit has sort of outlived its purpose. It was a heavy handed response to hybrids with the goal of forcing players into 61 point talents, but how fun is that? At the end of the day mmo’s are about playing characters the way you want, and forced mechanics like ‘if you want to tank you HAVE to take this or you just die’ isn’t really compelling.

Going forward we’re looking at systems that don’t deliver on what we’re trying to do in RIFT which is create a fun experience for our players. If something isn’t meeting our goals or living up to our standards it will be looked at for removal or a rework. You can read into that how you will, but I don’t have concrete details I can give you at this time as it’s not as simple as selecting and deleting. I know you have lots of questions about balance/class devs, but right now I don’t have any answers for you.

However I will say this, there are A LOT of quality of life changes, and new content coming down the pipeline soon™.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5371827

At least Gamigo seem intent on working away at Rift, what this content entails, just have to wait and see.

I stopped playing Rift around 5 months ago. My main was a cleric and it wasn't doing so great. I use to have REX give aways if we completed content. Like if we beat a boss I would have people roll on loot. If they only knew how much money I spent on this game.. And all they really had to do was fix clerics to keep me. I WILL never come back to Rift again. And yes I spent close to 1000$ in one year on the game :P.

Also, that change to tank synergy.. I can tell even without logging in for 5 months cleric got F'ed again. Class had the worse synergy of any class. I bet it benefited rogue or primalist the most.. go figure.. bunch of bads running the most dedicated players out of the game as usual.
    Last edited by Aldi; 2019-02-13 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    No Patch this week, just a restart but the Rift CM, Zyra, did explain the resoning behind this Legendary Hit for pure Tanks getting removed, seems they want to go back to encouraging Hybrid builds which sounds a bit more decent than "61 point builds or GTFO!"

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5371827

At least Gamigo seem intent on working away at Rift, what this content entails, just have to wait and see.
    But...what is "Legendary Hit"? The 61 point talents? Because if so, that's amazing.

This is probably the best announced design change that the game has seen in years, to be honest. Hybrids were pretty brutally slaughtered after chocolate and in each following expansion they seemed to kill off more and more hybrid builds while basically forcing you to max out trees.

Seriously, gamigo has had the game for what now...4 months? And I'm already far more optimistic about the games future than I have been probably since around mid-NT.

At least live servers, which Trion functionally abandoned. No clue what's going on with Prime servers nowadays and from what I've read they're ghost towns.