Page 1 of 2
LastLast

any tips for ele shaman pvp (bfa)

i really tried but i havent found any decent set working for me so far - i just get destroyed from melee now (palas nuking harder from range then me lol). The FS cd sucks big time and losing the combo of eartgrab + gust togteher seems just to kill it for me (+ icefury is a shade of it self)
    before prepatch going to bg was fun and with a bit of skill u could do pretty decent. Tried few bgs today and not one i went with a positve kill/death ratio, some even with 0 kills

so whats your opinion /experiences so far?

Don't play Elem in PvP.

Go enhance if you want to play your Shaman and pray that the promised attention to the spec at 8.1 will make Ele thrive again.

8.1 will fix it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baerong View Post
    Go enhance if you want to play your Shaman and pray that the promised attention to the spec at 8.1 will make Ele thrive again.
    I've been out of loop for months. What attention to spec in 8.1? Ele specifically or to all specs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    I've been out of loop for months. What attention to spec in 8.1? Ele specifically or to all specs?
    Ion mentioned in an interview some weeks ago that the time for big class changes would be pretty much over and there'd only be numbers tuning left til release. He mentioned it for Shadow Priest specifically and included shaman dps specs and said that there wouldn't be big changes until 8.1. Some people got the silly idea that there would be big changes to elemental in 8.1 because of what he said... wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I have absolutely no hope that something like that could happen. Not until they hire someone from the community who actually cares and might listen to feedback from elementals.

You don't PvP right now, it's the sane solution.

There is currently no system to balance specs, therefore PvP is wild west.

ele shamans literally can't kill anything right now..

Does anyone know of a way to make TellMeWhen (addon) track Aftershock procs?

What about RBGs? Ele was sick in them in 7.3, is this no longer the case?

Find a 7.3 private server or reroll.

Don't play ele. The spec got destroyed, it's boring and target swapping is a pain.

Elemental was gutted in 8.0. In addition to losing Gust of Wind, Earthgrab, and multi-dotting for lava surge procs, our damage is also pitiful. It simply is not currently a viable PvP spec.

I tried Elemental a bit in random bg's lately, went with a build from the Shaman discord and the results are...not that horrible.

First off, i have Mythic gear, that may skew things in my favour, having like 35% crit along 71% Mastery obviously helps things.

So used the following talents:
    EotE
    Aftershock (legendaries don't work in PvP)
    High Voltage
    Nature's Guardian
    Icefury
    Stormkeeper

For PvP Talents:
    PvP Trinket
    Earthen Attunement
    Earthfury
    Lightning Lasso

The idea of this spec is basically to generate 150 Maelstrom and just burst down a target, Earth shock still hits really hard, especially crits hit for like 9-10k, which is 1/3 of the enemies HP depending on their gear.
    The real kicker is the Aftershock / Earthfury interaction, there is no DR on the Earthfury stun, so you have a 25% chance to basically stun your target for 4 seconds while also doing a shitton of damage, Aftershock obviously can proc multiple times, so you got that going as well.

If you have 150 Maelstrom you can also do kinda weird stuff like Earth shock => Icefury => Earthshock to get a safe "double stun" on the target.

Stormkeeper helps you to get some Maelstrom generation during a big fight, Fire Elemental and "multi dotting" FS also helps here.

Lightning lasso might be debatable choice, the talent is decent to lock down healers (especially with the beforehand mentioned Earthfury shenanigans) and can help you against Melees, after all the tooltip of the spell ommits two important things:
    1.You can cast Lightning lasso while moving
    2.You can cast while being in GW (but not shift into GW while casting)

Against some Melees, you just shift into GW, use Lasso, run way, if they trinket, hex them.
    It shares DR with Cap totem, so beware.

The talent could be switched out for Spectral Recovery (great interaction with Spirit Wolf), Skyfury Totem, Swelling waves or Grounding Totem, all choices have their merits.

Melees, with the exception of Rogue and Fury are doable, if they are mobile, you just sit in GW and run, they'll run out of gap closers sooner or later, the most likely scenario here is that someone interferes or they disengage from the fight because they realize they can't keep up.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-07-23 at 05:42 PM.

I am not happy with the cooldown on flameshock. The fun factor of the spec decreased by 43% just because of that change. That and gust of wind. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I am not happy with the cooldown on flameshock. The fun factor of the spec decreased by 43% just because of that change. That and gust of wind. I'll pass.
    idk man, 37% at best... but I'm a TBC Shaman, so I'm used to that.

They're really good in 3v3s apparently btw. It's just random BGs where you'll get trained down wihout much counterplay, but most casters suffer from this at the moment.

Right now you are better off going Resto as DPS hybrid than ele. Damage wise if you go crit+haste you are not much worse than ele.

You can have earthgrab totem, which is sorely missing on ele, your heals will keep you alive even under pressure and you have way bigger damage on lightning and lavaburst, even if you do not have overloads, the spells have more than double the damage of the ele counterparts so if they crit, they will hurt in similar fashion. Crit damage is slightly lower than ele, but you wont hurt yourself much by not getting much mastery and instead stack crit to the moon, and haste as secondary stat.

If you spec into the right talents you will have 2 charges of lavaburst, 3 charges of riptide which also boosts the heal by giving it an extra refreshing heal ontop of the spell itself. Combine this with improved ghostwolf for high speed, damage reduction and selfheal and you will be able to sustain and kite quite well and if needed you still can go for 1 min cd spiritwalker to run circles around people while casting offensive spells if needed.

I ran around as ele for weeks in open world pvp and with prepatch it was absolutely horrible by loosing so many tools that were essential to have in order to even stand somewhat of a chance vs melees. I got floored by so many rogues and others even with frostshock snares and pushbacks and using all kinds of tricks to kite. But its just not enough to keep ppl at bay.

Especially in the new bfa prepatch environment where other classes can simply spam shields on themselves infinitely (hello disc and arcane) you are relagated to only have 4 heals and then youre ooom, or dispell 4-5 times and oom too. With Resto you can simply purge it all without any issues while getting lucky with lavabursts if they are too dumb to reshield constantly.

You still die to stuff like paladins with the perma-mount on Argus, since you cannot actually kite that and their damage output if you cannot interrupt this for a bit will just flatten you over a short amount of time. Same goes for assassin rogues who can sometimes just kill ppl in the opener if they are geared.

But at least you have a chance to fight back because you are staying alive ALOT longer than an ele that has to cast heals while under pressure and pray to the gods that he jukes the kicks, and even then, sometimes that doesnt help either.
    Last edited by heinz0r; 2018-07-25 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Damage wise if you go crit+haste you are not much worse than ele.
    Sorry, but that is just flat out wrong.

Yeah, you struggle against Melees ganging up on you, but Melees as a whole are seriously overtuned, as they (mostly) still have access to the same gap closer tools as pre patch, whereas quite a few casters were gutted on the (melee) control side.

Elemental has insane kill potential with Earthen Attunement, Aftershock and Skyfury Totem, with some crit and Aftershock luck, i can just kill people within a few GCD's.

It requires setup, without a doubt, getting 150 Maelstrom is not easy unless enemies stack up for Stormkeeper or you use FE while FS is running on at least two targets, but it's doable and then it's doomsday for your target.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi View Post
    Ion mentioned in an interview some weeks ago that the time for big class changes would be pretty much over and there'd only be numbers tuning left til release. He mentioned it for Shadow Priest specifically and included shaman dps specs and said that there wouldn't be big changes until 8.1. Some people got the silly idea that there would be big changes to elemental in 8.1 because of what he said... wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I have absolutely no hope that something like that could happen. Not until they hire someone from the community who actually cares and might listen to feedback from elementals.
    Yay so wait 8.1 they say-we will get balanced/changes then,
    Just like they said "its just the alpha-no reasons to worry"
    Just like they said "its just the beta-this isn't final"
    Just like they said "its just the pre-patch-things aren't balanced around 110 we will get changes"
    Just like they said "wait for 120 we will be better then, everyones been nerfed"