Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why post irrelevant achievments, is this a kindergarten? Its 2018 and it makes your arguments look bad if you do, provide actual footage like my video, when rogues were unnerfed in early Bfa and still got kited to death by a class that is the worst in the meta.

First off, I never said a rogue is a bad duel class or can't be good in duels, i said assassin is. Its just the spec, unlike the other fotm spec, "disc" its not the best option for a rogue when trying to solo people, people that are prepared and not afk, that is, you can always gank people with low hp in warmode and just pick specs that cannot defend against dots and evenom spam, but you could do the same nonsense with a hunter or boomkin/feral, too and i prefere their toolkit over rogues, since legion went live and overhauled their specs.

Outlaw and Sub can be very good in duels, but assassin simply does not work without heals/dispels and the way how they deal constant dmg by applying multiple gcds on their target. You can't put them against any kiting dd, or classes/races that could remove their dots,and there are quite some that are good in that.

As far as frost mage goes, i never had a problem with rogues, certainly not assassin. Simply compare their cd durations and how dmg/cc is done with those of rogues to get a clue. Can't beat that as they are essencially rogues with high range on all abilities, could kite, and remove dots and kidneys, you need even a gap closer to blind a frost mage outside of outlaw as the range is so short and all it does is heal the mage, thanks to certainy azerite traits based on cc + a mage will instantly remove it with trinket, since kidneys are a non issue - blind/sap will never happen on a class with a pet that got full immunities to kidney to freely use trinket on blinds.

I wonder, really where you pull your 90% win numbers as assassin against frost mage duels? was it WoD? Vanilla/TBC? Certainly not BfA, even in Legion, rogues were far better in such a matchup due to vanish powder and op legendaries like the cloak with small 5 sec cd on feint and hp heals. Lets not compare apples with oranges here, thinks changed a lot in BfA and the pruning is more visible on a rogue than any other class after BfA happened. I currently play 5 classes in BfA and noticed some even got something baked into their class that is pretty powerful in duels.

The only expansion i remember when this was even out was wod, when rogue like you said really got the tools while classes were generally pruned, unlike BfA. Rogues were pruned first time in early mop, but kept more abiliteis in wod than any other class.

Death from above might help some, but if you truly won duels against frost mages as assassin in BfA just by using this they fucked up. Its still is easier to kite with superior slows and movement on shorter cds. Also both Outlaw and Sub do their burst more instantly with less gcds what is a big factor, you can't survive forever, certainly not with breaking roots by using your only combat reset button "vanish" since blind/sap will not work against a frost mage, due to pet follow, trinket on blind and combats 5 sec rule. I still use vanish often against roots, but i do so, when i am sure to finish the job. But that point will hardly be reached against a frost mage who is knowing all rogue mechanics an there aren't too many regarding Assassin's bob pve spec. Actually, if this expansion would be any good in pvp, assassin would stay out of pvp, maybe it was a big mistake to only allow poisons for assassin.

If you lose as a frost mage to those melees in duels, especially assassin rogues, rets or any kind of warriors you are truly bad and should be ashamed of yourself. At least you see the issues Rets and Warriors do have with Frost Mages.

And in terms of consisting win rates in duels why rate rogue over druids, mages and hunters? Early BfA i would have agreed, but after the heavy nerfs on burst dmg on outlaw and sub i can't, not with disc around and dd kiters, that seem to improve more and more over hotfixes and patches.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2018-10-28 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Why post irrelevant achievments, is this a kindergarten? Its 2018 and it makes your arguments look bad if you do, provide actual footage like my video, when rogues were unnerfed in early Bfa and still got kited to death by a class that is the worst in the meta.

First off, I never said a rogue is a bad duel class or can't be good in duels, i said assassin is. Its just the spec, unlike the other fotm spec, "disc" its not the best option for a rogue when trying to solo people, people that are prepared and not afk, that is, you can always gank people with low hp in warmode and just pick specs that cannot defend against dots and evenom spam, but you could do the same nonsense with a hunter or boomkin/feral, too and i prefere their toolkit over rogues, since legion went live and overhauled their specs.

Outlaw and Sub can be very good in duels, but assassin simply does not work without heals/dispels and the way how they deal constant dmg by applying multiple gcds on their target. You can't put them against any kiting dd, or classes/races that could remove their dots,and there are quite some that are good in that.

As far as frost mage goes, i never had a problem with rogues, certainly not assassin. Simply compare their cd durations and how dmg/cc is done with those of rogues to get a clue. Can't beat that as they are essencially rogues with high range on all abilities, could kite, and remove dots and kidneys, you need even a gap closer to blind a frost mage outside of outlaw as the range is so short and all it does is heal the mage, thanks to certainy azerite traits based on cc + a mage will instantly remove it with trinket, since kidneys are a non issue - blind/sap will never happen on a class with a pet that got full immunities to kidney to freely use trinket on blinds.

I wonder, really where you pull your 90% win numbers as assassin against frost mage duels? was it WoD? Vanilla/TBC? Certainly not BfA, even in Legion, rogues were far better in such a matchup due to vanish powder and op legendaries like the cloak with small 5 sec cd on feint and hp heals. Lets not compare apples with oranges here, thinks changed a lot in BfA and the pruning is more visible on a rogue than any other class after BfA happened. I currently play 5 classes in BfA and noticed some even got something baked into their class that is pretty powerful in duels.

The only expansion i remember when this was even out was wod, when rogue like you said really got the tools while classes were generally pruned, unlike BfA. Rogues were pruned first time in early mop, but kept more abiliteis in wod than any other class.

Death from above might help some, but if you truly won duels against frost mages as assassin in BfA just by using this they fucked up. Its still is easier to kite with superior slows and movement on shorter cds. Also both Outlaw and Sub do their burst more instantly with less gcds what is a big factor, you can't survive forever, certainly not with breaking roots by using your only combat reset button "vanish" since blind/sap will not work against a frost mage, due to pet follow, trinket on blind and combats 5 sec rule. I still use vanish often against roots, but i do so, when i am sure to finish the job. But that point will hardly be reached against a frost mage who is knowing all rogue mechanics an there aren't too many regarding Assassin's bob pve spec. Actually, if this expansion would be any good in pvp, assassin would stay out of pvp, maybe it was a big mistake to only allow poisons for assassin.

If you lose as a frost mage to those melees in duels, especially assassin rogues, rets or any kind of warriors you are truly bad and should be ashamed of yourself. At least you see the issues Rets and Warriors do have with Frost Mages.

And in terms of consisting win rates in duels why rate rogue over druids, mages and hunters? Early BfA i would have agreed, but after the heavy nerfs on burst dmg on outlaw and sub i can't, not with disc around and dd kiters, that seem to improve more and more over hotfixes and patches.
    actual footage? you posted a link to a really bad dk, that beat up some of the worst rogues i have ever seen, the second the outlaw rogue broke blind with an autoattack, i stopped watching lol..

its easy to be like you and just claim stuff, without proving that you know what you're talking about, but i already assumed you were a bad player from your first post

as for frost vs assa, did you read anything i said? you are just repeating what you already posted without even having a clue

90% is because i basically never lose to frost mages, why would it be vanilla or tbc? thats in no way relevant to the discussion, thats just a dumb question, its BFA, thought it was implied, my bad haha
    feint rogue, that explains alot about you, thanks for clarifying

5% is not really "superior" but sure, if 5% movementspeed is what cost you the duel, go ahead and whine
    if you lose to frost mages in duels as a rogue, you really should be ashamed of yourself and reroll something like a Demon hunter might be more of a skill level you're looking for

because im talking assa, not outlaw or sub, sub is just garbage atm unless played really well, and a rogue that plays sub really well, still performs better as assa, its just flat out a better spec atm

The only thing they need to hotfix for rogues is lowering the damage even more

anyways, i can see argueing with you is completely useless, so i wont be following the post anymore, have a nice day in whatever game you're playing lol

edit:
    go watch streams, even xaryu says that 1v1 rogue vs mage, if both players play 100% perfectly, the rogue will win 100% of all the matches
    Last edited by Rollatorklm; 2018-10-28 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post
    actual footage? you posted a link to a really bad dk, that beat up some of the worst rogues i have ever seen, the second the outlaw rogue broke blind with an autoattack, i stopped watching lol..

its easy to be like you and just claim stuff, without proving that you know what you're talking about, but i already assumed you were a bad player from your first post

as for frost vs assa, did you read anything i said? you are just repeating what you already posted without even having a clue

90% is because i basically never lose to frost mages, why would it be vanilla or tbc? thats in no way relevant to the discussion, thats just a dumb question, its BFA, thought it was implied, my bad haha

5% is not really "superior" but sure, if 5% movementspeed is what cost you the duel, go ahead and whine
    if you lose to frost mages in duels as a rogue, you really should be ashamed of yourself and reroll something like a Demon hunter might be more of a skill level you're looking for

because im talking assa, not outlaw or sub, sub is just garbage atm unless played really well, and a rogue that plays sub really well, still performs better as assa, its just flat out a better spec atm

anyways, i can see argueing with you is completely useless, so i wont be following the post anymore, have a nice day in whatever game you're playing lol

edit:
    go watch streams, even xaryu says that 1v1 rogue vs mage, if both players play 100% perfectly, the rogue will win 100% of all the matches
    I think there is nothing to discuss anymore with your kinda attidude and ignoring evidence or plain simple logic.

I think there is nothing to discuss anymore with your kinda attidude and ignoring evidence or plain simple logic.
    swapped to your attitude towards me but i agree
    Your complete lack of logic amazes me
    Hope to duel you some day

Deleted
    New patch is here, the cards have been reshuffled, well... some of them at least.

So what does the 1on1 (duels) food chain currently look like? Opinions?

I've heard that unholy DKs are unstoppable.

I heard the same about DKs...

For world pvp, rogue. It's not even close. Healing reduction, self heal, mobility, dodge, 30% damage reduction, immunity to spells, damage concentrated to opener, silence, stealth, and a 2 minute reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post

edit:
    How are you going to flame someone when you post stats like duels won, which don't take into account the players you duel. People sitting outside org aren't a bunch of glads. More often than not they're bad and are there to improve. Claim experience, but you don't post a picture of it. You've spammed arena since 2014 and the highest you've been was duelist in wod, an expansion where many rivals became duelists. Then you go into Legion and you can't get a single duelist title despite playing every season. Like come on, you're a hardstuck 2k-2.2k player and it shows in the way you speak down to people while being mediocre. You can't even get BFA glad, which is only 2400, yet you speak with so much authority.

Feral feels pretty damn good in wPvP. Especially with engineering...

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Melee - Rogue/Ret
    Caster - Frost Mage
    Can you please elaborate about frost mage? I found that any world pvp against 90% of the classes I get shat on due to inability to peel off the infinite amount of self-dispels, gap closers and self-heals of every other class in the game.
    Last edited by Makarena; 2019-01-31 at 09:56 PM.

Rogue. Mage. Ret, Monk, Feral, DK.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2019-02-05 at 07:01 PM. Reason: world of meleecraft

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc90507aa8c5 View Post
    New patch is here, the cards have been reshuffled, well... some of them at least.

So what does the 1on1 (duels) food chain currently look like? Opinions?

I've heard that unholy DKs are unstoppable.
    Yeah you did hear it from me before the patch ever went live, when i provided the UH DK proof how mechanical powerful this spec is in duels.

The unavoidable sticky dmg together with no way to kite this spec, makes it that strong.

No brainer since its existence, but people decided to turn a blind eye on it, because of the bad performance of frost dks, opness of rogues etc.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cant win the argument and leaves.
    Every one knows assa is very good in duels and csn easily win against mages. Tbis is no debate realy.. sorry man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CantLogIn View Post
    Feral feels pretty damn good in wPvP. Especially with engineering...
    I completely forgot about feral.. god these guys can oitheal most damage in duels and do insane damage in the right hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    rogue. was always rogue, will always be rogue.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Rogue, I win pretty much everything 1o1, except versus Paladins and ANY tanks. Rogues are strong but not strongest imo. Tanks are riddicilously strong 1o1.

unholy and windwalker
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Ele shaman and rogue . Currently, good ele wont lose in 1v1 with anyone. And rogues van just reset any duel any time they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Cant win the argument and leaves.
    Every one knows assa is very good in duels and csn easily win against mages. Tbis is no debate realy.. sorry man.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely forgot about feral.. god these guys can oitheal most damage in duels and do insane damage in the right hands.

Funny you wrote that, because the guy deleted his account or got it deleted. Making your first sentence kind of ironic. He never backed up what he said either, in a time when frost mage still could delete people on will, while sub and outlaw was nerfed hard, prior to that, sub farmed frost mages, indeed, but that was due to high mobility mechanics and high burst, that got nerfed within 4 weeks after BfA release.

Assassin never had that, only high constant dmg and a very hard opener that feels like burst, but can be countered easily by mages. Pretty predictable dmg.

But, I wrote this months ago, before any nerfs especially azerite dmg trait nerfs, why reply to old news?

Frost burst was nerfed hard back in october, so R.I.P. Frost as a duel class.

Btw, did you watch the video i linked months ago? How an unholy dk beats all kind of rogues? Early bfa when all 3 specs were very op, while dks were considered the worst melee by far.

But that is all the past!

We should rather talk about arcane mages now, they do amazing in duels, currently!

Too much mobility along with selfheals...
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2019-02-13 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeakedInMoP View Post
    For world pvp, rogue. It's not even close. Healing reduction, self heal, mobility, dodge, 30% damage reduction, immunity to spells, damage concentrated to opener, silence, stealth, and a 2 minute reset.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you going to flame someone when you post stats like duels won, which don't take into account the players you duel. People sitting outside org aren't a bunch of glads. More often than not they're bad and are there to improve. Claim experience, but you don't post a picture of it. You've spammed arena since 2014 and the highest you've been was duelist in wod, an expansion where many rivals became duelists. Then you go into Legion and you can't get a single duelist title despite playing every season. Like come on, you're a hardstuck 2k-2.2k player and it shows in the way you speak down to people while being mediocre. You can't even get BFA glad, which is only 2400, yet you speak with so much authority.
    Did i offend your boyfriend? i simply put duels on two of my chars as a statement to the fact that i dont have 1-10 duels, ive had my fair share, as it is obviously stated if you could read
    why are you talking as if you have any idea about who i am?
    comming from a guy who's highest rating ever achieved was 2.1k in legion as a demon hunter, with 1874 exp on a rogue, in arguably the easiest expansion to push in ever made, stop thinking you're so tough
    you're comparing a random assa rogue who cant beat mages 1v1 to glads, do you think he would have made this post if he was anyway near 2k lol
    stop being an Ehero, and learn to play lol

7+ Year Old Account
    WW monk no question.