Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksnake View Post
    I made a rogue.
    double yikes

not even a discussion, windwalker and assa

Nothing can kill me on my Prot Pally, Blood DK or Vengeance DH so I'd go with any of those three.

I used to main a rogue, and yeah, they're handy in PVP but they cannot kill a tank 1 on 1 if all things are equal (gear, skill, etc.)

Unfortunately, this game isn't at all balanced around one on one combat, so the classes that win are the ones with highest survivability in most encounters when all things are equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am actually surprised noone mentioned Unholy DK. I really dont have any problems in 1v1 .DK has exceptional healing and it can pretty much kite most classes. Few are exceptions like Ret and Fury Warrior. But Unholy has consistent damage output and really nice burst. Ofc knowledge of the class you fight against matters. But I can say that if I meet Ret with all my def and off CD's I can kill him no problems. So Ret is not a king of 1v1 if you ask me.
    And Rogue is an eternal topic from my point of view. I play the game like 9 years now and was always a hot topic Yes Rogue has all the toolkit to dominate in wpvp you can even make it super safe to have engineering for nitro boost and glider kit. The fact you can always retreat has a huge impact on the class and the playstyle you can develop. A smart rogue will win or Vanish its really simple.
    As an Unholy main atm I really enjoy it and like I said with the right azerite traits and gear the class feels almost unstoppable. Ofc the main downfall of a DK is his mobility you have to really utilize your toolkit (grip, amz, ghoul abom stuns ect ). Basically fast classes can escape. But the feel of victory remains

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrim View Post
    Well I am actually surprised noone mentioned Unholy DK. I really dont have any problems in 1v1 .DK has exceptional healing and it can pretty much kite most classes. Few are exceptions like Ret and Fury Warrior. But Unholy has consistent damage output and really nice burst. Ofc knowledge of the class you fight against matters. But I can say that if I meet Ret with all my def and off CD's I can kill him no problems. So Ret is not a king of 1v1 if you ask me.
    And Rogue is an eternal topic from my point of view. I play the game like 9 years now and was always a hot topic Yes Rogue has all the toolkit to dominate in wpvp you can even make it super safe to have engineering for nitro boost and glider kit. The fact you can always retreat has a huge impact on the class and the playstyle you can develop. A smart rogue will win or Vanish its really simple.
    As an Unholy main atm I really enjoy it and like I said with the right azerite traits and gear the class feels almost unstoppable. Ofc the main downfall of a DK is his mobility you have to really utilize your toolkit (grip, amz, ghoul abom stuns ect ). Basically fast classes can escape. But the feel of victory remains
    I mentioned unholy dk several times and even posted a video showing one still unbuffed unholy dk to beat all the crazy unnerfed rogues when BfA released.

But here at this sub forum people like to ignore facts and are very biased, maybe there is a collective rogue ganking trauma, that build up over the years. lol

Other than that, better not run into a "mobility" tank, or anything that can spam heals and keep distance - i'd said previously any dd that could kite and heal well is a top dog in 1vs1.

Another candidate is certainly the arcane mage who can keep distance and spam heals(as a mage.....)

He works a bit like the unholy dk now, just without the pets, though. Keep distance, wither down the enemy and selfheal spam.

I bet, blizz will nerf all the fun soon enough, because that is what their pvp designers got paid for.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2019-02-27 at 06:38 PM.

Feral druid, except against a good Demo Lock

Arms Warrior obviously. No one defeats an Arms Warrior in 1vs1.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Arms Warrior obviously. No one defeats an Arms Warrior in 1vs1.
    Watch savix' tourney and how a fury multiglad, who did really well, was finally destroyed by a havoc DH.

Fury has very strong counters. (just like DH)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Watch savix' tourney and how a fury multiglad, who did really well, was finally destroyed by a havoc DH.

My post was pure irony. There doesn't exist a weaker 1vs1 class than Arms Warrior currently in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you never get to meet a 405+ geared and adequately skilled Fire Mage.
    It's a nightmare.

P.S. Tyrannica, did you play a Hunter and a Warrior on Defias Brotherhood-EU once?

I'm not having so much success with my Rogue, be it assassination or outlaw. WW monk, arcane mage and survival hunter are much better for me.

Have only one quick thinking trait (healing for each instant cast) for my mage, getting all three would be pretty powerful, even in their PvP nerfed state.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post

He wasn't "destroyed", it was close at times, DH is hardly a counter spec to Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentai View Post
    He wasn't "destroyed", it was close at times, DH is hardly a counter spec to Fury.
    While not by design, DH has a couple tools that can really make a fury warrior's life harder. Death from Above pretty much negates Enraged Regeneration and Stormbolt can be reacted to if your reflexes are up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    While not by design, DH has a couple tools that can really make a fury warrior's life harder. Death from Above pretty much negates Enraged Regeneration and Stormbolt can be reacted to if your reflexes are up to it.
    Agreed, but it's still not a totally one-sided move because the warrior can reflect the DfA damage or leap behind an obstacle to bandage, there's still some counterplay-potential involved. In another setting with more space the warrior could have used howl and double-leaped away, negating the entirety of demon form pretty much, i'd imagine that would suck for the DH as well.

As to the topic, i just got destroyed by a 280k hp affliction warlock before i could break his shields, it made me glad everyone's playing destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentai View Post
    As to the topic, i just got destroyed by a 280k hp affliction warlock before i could break his shields, it made me glad everyone's playing destro.
    The usual later expansion blues... well geared warlocks pveing people down. It won't get better from here on out!

What about Enhancement Shaman? I am leveling one at the moment )lvl 71) and i feel tanky as hell: Spamming instant heals for the cost of less dmg done makes me able to tank 5 mobs. I've never done any pvp with my enh shaman but it looks promising. I can play either as dps glass cannon or tank sacrificing my dps for survivability.
    Last edited by Animron; 2019-04-13 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Prot. Paladin
    If anyone dies to a prot paladin, they're a moron for staying around too long.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    If anyone dies to a prot paladin, they're a moron for staying around too long.
    The only benefit of being a tank is that few will pick on you, except when there are more than 3 around. Prot warr during Avatar might be an exception.