Deleted

Arcane BFA (pre-patch) bugs

Just thought i'd list a few here since I've already made tickets on the beta way back at the start and they're somehow still in the game.

1) Shimmer & Non-Shimmer Displacement interrupts Arcane Missiles channel.
    2) Shimmer & Non-Shimmer Displacement interrupts Evocation channel.
    3) While channelling Evocation you can proc Time Anomaly Evocation (750% mana regen * 750% mana regen), you basically go from 0% mana to 100% mana in ~0.5 seconds.
    4) If you already have Arcane Familiar out and you buff Arcane Familiar again it takes away ~34% of your mana.
    6) Our rotation is almost entirely Arcane Blast - must be a bug, it couldn't be poor design.
    7) Using shimmer while casting a spell allows you to move a while casting that spell for a very short period of time post-Shimmer.

Anybody else found anything?
    Last edited by mmoc29eb2fed54; 2018-07-19 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added another shimmer bug

Clearcasting and slipstream in combination seem to be bugged. If you have clearcasting up and cast arcane blast -> missiles you can gain another clearcasting off the arcane blast. But the second missile cast you would be casting with clearcasting only benefits from reduced casting cost but not from castingspeed and can not be channeled while moving.
    Last edited by Poly123; 2018-07-18 at 10:34 PM.

Yesterday evening at the start of the raid, Soul of the archmage gave me Time anomaly. The hotfix hit during the raid, so it changed to Amplification, but I still got the proc from Time anomaly while I was traited for Overpowered. Was kinda nice!

Depend of your definition of useless I guess. It is middle of the pack now, but who cares? Bfa hit in one month and everyone have access to every legs by now.

To be honest i think that, once it was not in competition with Overpowered, Time Anomaly was one of the funniest moments i had with the spec since pretty much forever. It added some reactionary mechanic to a spec that is completely without it, and i was surprised by how nice it felt (all except the 4 charges proc, that messes things up more then it helps. Should be removed, and perhaps buffed Evocation to be 2 seconds, so you get more benefit to your mana and can burn more).

Blizzard should just remove Overpowered.

Yeah, I do not see the point of overpowered, such a bland (quite powerful but still bland) talent. Time anomaly fits so much the theme of Arcane mage (tough Overpowered does so too.

Just a quick question, do you think Arcane mage will be back to the place it belongs: one of the top single dps spec in bfa? Question for those who tested the beta?

Damage has always been pretty good. At 120 i played back when Frost was definetly on top, by miles, but many major tunings have been done since then. As a general feeling, Mage is one of the classes that has changed the least from Legion, and lost much more then what it gained.

Blizzard knows it screwed up (to a certain extent), therefore my prediction is that it will be quite strong in terms of numbers to compensate and to make people stick to the class.

if you cast Charged Up before you're actually in combat (even if the Barrage is not finished traveling even though you cast it) the charges reset and go to zero and your Charged Up is on CD.

- - - Updated - - -

if you cast Charged Up before you're actually in combat (even if the Barrage is not finished traveling even though you cast it) the charges reset and go to zero and your Charged Up is on CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Damage has always been pretty good. At 120 i played back when Frost was definetly on top, by miles, but many major tunings have been done since then. As a general feeling, Mage is one of the classes that has changed the least from Legion, and lost much more then what it gained.

Blizzard knows it screwed up (to a certain extent), therefore my prediction is that it will be quite strong in terms of numbers to compensate and to make people stick to the class.
    from the look of right now it seems like Arcane is far worse in M+ than Frost on AOE and about the same on single target.

Has nothing comparable to the Frozen Orb, Blizzard type spam from Frost.

Maybe if you have all the Azerite traits that buff Arcane Barrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    from the look of right now it seems like Arcane is far worse in M+ than Frost on AOE and about the same on single target.

Has nothing comparable to the Frozen Orb, Blizzard type spam from Frost.

Maybe if you have all the Azerite traits that buff Arcane Barrage.
    They need to make arcane orb baseline, and then the talent where orb was be a version of the legendary shoulder for free orb chance on barrage or orb cooldown reduction on barrage stacks.

Deleted
    These are some of the strangest bugs I've ever seen.