Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Decided to go Tornment a few low-level and noticed now im getting atmost 10 Honor per kill of a Low Level.. is this correct.. normally ud be getting nothing. ?

For me, it's the opposite. I play on a realm that wasn't PVP before.. Now a bunch of people are entering war mode for the extra experience and extra abilities.. and I am loving it!

The idea that people gank lowbies to provoke their mains has always been bs. If they wanted a fair fight they could just attack players of a similar player/gear level. The real goal of that has always been to push people around and get away with it. War mode doesn’t take that option away, people just have the option to go to their main city and toggle it off.

It doesn’t ruin immersion any more than server transfers do. This isn’t a Diablo hardcore situation, characters that were started on pvp servers have been able to transfer to pve servers as long as server transfers have been available.

If you’re worried about the number of players that you encounter in war mode, that’s something Blizzard can manage independently. The only thing this changes is that players can be on whatever server with their friends, and can choose how they want to play at a given time. Forcing players into situations where they can be corpse camped with no opportunity to fight back has always been a net negative for the game, now it’s a choice. No need to make this out to be some big dramatic conspiracy to destroy fun.

Deleted
    Why can't i bully people. how dare blizzard remove my way of bullying people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Why can't i bully people. how dare blizzard remove my way of bullying people.
    You still can but you have to be better than others. Sometimes I attack someone and get my ass kicked, it happens. That's how world pvp works, learn from it and improve yourself so you win next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    Vanilla? Most likely the golden age of outdoor pvp. As much as hate many things in vanilla, I will never forget huge pvp events around the world.
    I started in Wrath.

Holy hell you spent a long time compiling all those replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    Early Vanilla was the only age of true world pvp. The introduction of instanced BGs made sure of that.

You forgot the disconnections, 2fps game and 5 seconds lag in Tarren Mill vs Southshore. I was there, I farmed there, and I still remember the chaos... it was not fun at all to spam rank 1 dots to get honorable kills, melees were just useless there.. , Warriors rushed, cast WW then died...

Even a AV finished in 5 min was funnier than that... seriously !

Most Orgrimmar/SW attacks finished in a big server crash... oh yes "golden times".............. You people don't know what you're talking about !!!!
    Thanks goodnees, Classic wont go back to this
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-07-20 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    Truth be told, BFA prepatch killed all world pvp. The major fun about world pvp was Unfairness of it. Not only now you can't oneshot low levels, most people will now just turn off pvp completely. It was fun to encouter people who didn't enjoy pvp, it was fun to pvp to fight for mobs. Now it's all gone. The most fun fact in BFA you even level in different areas than opposite faction lowering chances to meet them even more...

I hate to whine, but it's just when Blizzard is removing such major fun from the game it's hard to be silent.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get fucked.

"WAAAAH I cant grief other players anymore (:"

Made my day. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    After doing some world quests through the Isles... world pvp is just as always.

People have toggled war mode because of the extra rewards, so things shouldn´t change too much
    Yes, and if some retarded rogue camps me. I'm glad it will be possible to port, switch off and come back. What's the problem ??

I did the quick quest for the reputation in Desolace yesterday... Everyone was in war mode and nothing changed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I still believe the end of BFA will be the end of the faction barrier for grouping in the game. With a shrinking playerbase, the faction divide gets more and more in the way of things and it was always the greatest hurdle to fast PvP Q-Times in BGs.

This does not mean PvP will go away, it will stay as it always was..just without factions. It will simply be FFA group vs group PvP.

Think about it: With the old, fixed PvP Servers they could have NEVER switchd PvP to FFA everywhere in the world. It would have been a nuclear explosion of rage. But with War Mode? Of course they can. War Mode is optional and arguably works BETTER with FFA group vs. group PvP, as faction imbalance makes the system WORSE than it could be.

Let's wait and see, but that was my very first thought when they announced War Mode: PvP Servers were litterally the ONLY "unsolveable" Problem for the end of the Faction-Barrier....and now they are gone.

Where in the world did you see that the player base was shrinking ? Grouping with the opposite faction will just kill every lore and BG in the game. It will never happen and thats a good thing. The whole WOW thing is about Horde vs Alliance, since the beginning. It's a RETARDED idea. So every NPC will be friendly with both factions ? Night elves in Orgrimmar ? LOL, if it happens I quit. I don't want gnomes in my Orgrimmar, a good gnome is a dead gnome
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-07-20 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    You still can but you have to be better than others. Sometimes I attack someone and get my ass kicked, it happens. That's how world pvp works, learn from it and improve yourself so you win next time.
    yea no i was trying to be sarcastic enough so people could get how stupid this Whining is over people can bully other people i love the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I still believe the end of BFA will be the end of the faction barrier for grouping in the game. With a shrinking playerbase, the faction divide gets more and more in the way of things and it was always the greatest hurdle to fast PvP Q-Times in BGs.

This does not mean PvP will go away, it will stay as it always was..just without factions. It will simply be FFA group vs group PvP.

Think about it: With the old, fixed PvP Servers they could have NEVER switchd PvP to FFA everywhere in the world. It would have been a nuclear explosion of rage. But with War Mode? Of course they can. War Mode is optional and arguably works BETTER with FFA group vs. group PvP, as faction imbalance makes the system WORSE than it could be.

Let's wait and see, but that was my very first thought when they announced War Mode: PvP Servers were litterally the ONLY "unsolveable" Problem for the end of the Faction-Barrier....and now they are gone.
    War mode is not FFA and FFA usually leads to who brings the bigger group/raid to the fight in most cases. Solo or just duo usually goes horribly wrong in FFA, but it works very well in faction based world pvp because not EVERYONE is out to get you.

Warmode gives you the same world pvp we always had with the exception of the new new assassin gameplay. There, a player gets shown to others on the map so they can hunt him down for conquest. Although I believe that this also just leads to grouping up on singular players alot of the time and while it sounds nice in theory, it will amount to a half assed thing like most of what the blizzard devs did in regards to world pvp since they introduced these pitiful towers in the plaguelands back in vanilla...

10+ Year Old Account
    Truth be told, BFA prepatch killed all world pvp. The major fun about world pvp was Unfairness of it. Not only now you can't oneshot low levels, most people will now just turn off pvp completely. It was fun to encouter people who didn't enjoy pvp, it was fun to pvp to fight for mobs. Now it's all gone. The most fun fact in BFA you even level in different areas than opposite faction lowering chances to meet them even more...

I hate to whine, but it's just when Blizzard is removing such major fun from the game it's hard to be silent.
    1; World PvP have been dead, since late Vanilla
    2: BfA change is the most ambitious attempt to bring it back.
    3: PvP have always been, and will always be, a small addon in the main game.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    While the whole ganking thing might piss people off, it was a part of the game.

The whole idea of a pvp server was just that.

More watering down I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing people are forgetting is that is is a change that yet again reduces the amount of interaction you have with other players.

Along with LFR you can easily just play the game while having an addon put every other player in the game on ignore.

Single player MMORPG ? Sounds like fun.

people like the OP are why i left PVP servers and will never turn on war mode ...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    While the whole ganking thing might piss people off, it was a part of the game.

More watering down I guess?

Another thing people are forgetting is that is is a change that yet again reduces the amount of interaction you have with other players.

Along with LFR you can easily just play the game while having an addon put every other player in the game on ignore.

Single player MMORPG ? Sounds like fun.
    Most players on pvp servers don’t interact, because it’s well known that the majority of them aren’t interested. I have played on pvp servers for more than 10 years, but I rarely attack people because it’s generally safe to assume that it will just feel like a chore for both of us.

War mode changes all of that. For one, it incentivizes pvp with conquest points, and in addition, by making it a short term decision, we can assume that attacking other players won’t be such a drag on our opponents. It may even be fun. People like the OP are the worst part of the experience on pvp servers, and that’s the beauty of this change. It cuts out the griefing, incentivizes conflict, and ensures that everyone is willing to engage in the same kind of gameplay. That’s what good game design looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lame gamers like you who can't defend themselfs during questing and all they do is grind mobs, I honestly pity your kind. If I wanted to grind mobs I play D3 or something.
    Can't defend themselves? It's a rock paper scissors game, if you play scissors you can't beat rock. You'll be happy to find players who opted in for WPvP in BfA, i think it's the best expansion for those who want people they jump on to defend themselves

When low levels reloged their high geared mains the fun only started.

But no, most people don't get on their mains, because you are probably long gone when it happens.

Yes, Accept removal another MAJOR fun which was in game, YEY!
    Yes, accept major fun addition of what warmode is.

Because PVP outdoor died, that's why.
    It was stillborn, sadly, but if you really wanted this game to be this way - you should try something like lineage with proper PK system.

Yes, because they can't accept the unfair combat doing their usual questing, such people should only play on PvE servers, they are too weak.
    No, most people accept that they can't kill a ?? rogue and simply don't find it fun. Nor they do find it fun to get heroic leaped to death in 4 seconds by a 970 warrior

I like fair fights, I liked all kind of world pvp until this moment. And now it all died.
    If you liked fair fights you'll love warmode, because you'll only meet people who are up to fighting and won't /wave you and stand still while you do your rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deragot7 View Post
    Yea it is not fun to do it in my book.I never did it to begin with.But if you think about it Open world PvP is made not around fairness or equality.It is build exactly on this philosophy.You go out in the wilde and meet strangers to fight with.If you want organised PvP you create instanced PvP.Like Arenas,Battlegrounds or Realm vs Realm vs Realm.
    It's still not fair, better geared, higher leveled, more skilled players and those who wait for an opportunity still have advantage. It's not fair, but it's more fair that "guess i'll die" situations, which most "WPvPers" pick and then sit on their flyer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Maybe idea of pvp servers was exactly that, but it's not now. People pick servers based on it community, not on a pvp/pve tag
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Truth be told, BFA prepatch killed all world pvp. The major fun about world pvp was Unfairness of it. Not only now you can't oneshot low levels, most people will now just turn off pvp completely.
    Sounds fine to me.

As far as PvP being unpopular, perhaps there's a reason for that, don't you think? Most people enjoy compelling PvP against odds they can overcome, not being camped by some angry/bored kid who has nothing to do but waste other people's time. I was on the fence about war mode, but I think I'll start using it on my alts; this sounds fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Most players on pvp servers don’t interact, because it’s well known that the majority of them aren’t interested. I have played on pvp servers for more than 10 years, but I rarely attack people because it’s generally safe to assume that it will just feel like a chore for both of us.
    Exactly. It's just not fun. You attack first - you win. You play a survival hunter and deal 60% of enemy health in a single flanking strike crit - you win. What happens next? The guy resurrects at 50%, you stare at each other awkwardly, mount up and walk away? Or maybe hide in bushes and wait for other guy to get low (lol, like that ever happens in corrent leveling experience) to take your "revenge"? Effectively wasting more time than you lost by dying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I love the fact that PvP can be toggled off.

The only thing I find funny is that the most world PvP oriented expansion (lore-wise that is) turned out to be the least catering towards world PvP.

Deleted
    Yes, I am a griefer and I find it insanely fun. Why should I share mobs with someone else if I can just kill mobs and them at once? WHOLE idea playing on PVP server was that you could always kill someone from opposite faction almost ANYWHERE.
    Killing low levels is boring, you are boring, Im glad this aspect of the game is dead.