Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Having an orc jam a sword up your ass while you’re trying to level? Huge disadvantage.

You’ll be encountering the opposing faction quite a bit through the leveling process because of the quest lines every two levels that send you to the opposing faction’s islands.
    Only inexperienced players would do those quests before 120, those players will also be extremely easily killed in horde/alliance zones because you can expect 90% of the leveling players to toggle it on for the extra XP thus those players travelling to other faction zones before 120 will be quite outnumbered and in result it will increase their leveling duration which isn't good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    Because you guys are so stubborn, I will provider 8!!! facts, which explains why World pvp Is dead and you won't be able to fight that back. (LOL)

1) Warmode itself, why the hell you would wanna turn it on for world quests which provide gear? Darkshore for example. Majority of people just play without it and do their quests and leave the zone. Because most people care about efficiently. They do not wanna waste an extra second being ganked by some rogue. Less people = Less fun.

Ok, so you're saying you want the gear to do PvP, but you don't want to engage in PvP to earn it? Doesn't seem like you're all that interested in PvP.

2) Death of Quick Joining in World quests, the addon helped a lot finding parties and I had tons of fun pvp, because switching servers was never easier!

An addon made it possible to auto-join groups. The LFG tool is still there for you to use, you just have to do it yourself now.

3) Right now, with warmode, you are always prepared, you are basically asking people to kill you. Fighting people who are prepared is same experience you have in BGs or Arenas, which is wrong for the game and fun. Bgs and arenas are fun and games, but world pvp was always unique fun, now it's all gone.

Your idea of "unique fun" is dropping on low level players

4) Imagine situation, you are getting ganked by high level and you log your main but he is gone. You check him and alts, finally you find him on his alt and... Tada.. his character is not in warmode!

This is no different from server hopping to a non-PvP server or changing to a new character on a non-PvP server. Also, getting destroyed by someone much higher level than you isn't fun to begin with.

5) You can't force PVE players actually get better now, all PvE only scrubs will now stay scrubs.

I hate PvP so I'm 100% ok with being bad at PvP, because I will never engage in PvP. Ever. (hence why I chose a normal server when I started WoW in 2006)

6) Now you can't oneshot low levels, as many people flamed me a lot for this, this was a part of game from the very beginning, I was personally ganked by ?? many times.

Sounds like all you want to do is grief lower level players. Where's the skill or fun in that? There isn't.

7) Problems with parting for pvp. I personally have no experience of this but from what I read on forums. For example I wanna do some pvp, but my friend prefers to go and do just PvE. What do we do? Play in different worlds? ofc, I'll be forced to go and turn warmode off and have no fun in doing any sort of pvp.

No one is forcing you to party with a friend that just wants to PvE.

8) Large epic battles. While it's still sometimes possible with group finder - most fun battles just happened and they involved ganking lowbie and completely taking out zone. Now with most lowbies taking warmode off, it's not possible, maximum what I see is 2v2 battles rarely around the world.

You seem like that person you mention early that ganks all the low level players then switches to a new character or server.

TL;DR You're just mad that you can't go around killing players that are much lower level than you.
    You are PVE player who is scared to turn on warmode, this along makes your point invalid and useless for this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Every other aspect of the game has rewards, if world pvp doesn't, it's an actual disadvantage to be flagged. Hell, even pet battling gives experience. War Mode has rewards not for the sake of bribing players into pvping, but for the sake of not forcing the to choose between their preferred style of gameplay and efficiency.

Also, if you never turn it on, why would you ever feel nerfed?
    because you have 3 buttons to press. because people get to max level faster with an unfair advantage. bevcause if you choose warmore you get more abilities. if you dont they are taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    A very small part of the leveling process and easily dominated by guild leveling. There will be a huge disparrage in who reaches max level sooner. And most of them will indeed be Warmode players.

Then you must factor enjoyability. Its very likely that people will feel nerfed unless they turn it on. If PvP was fun... then they would have NO reason to provide benefits at all. if it's not an issue...

if people are going to play pvp anyway... they shouldnt have to bribe them to plasy it. In fact if its so fun... why not oiffer people benefitsd who "sacrifice" the fun and go PvE?
    They’re not bribing anyone to play it. They are giving people who do decide to turn it on compensation for the slower speed caused by engaging in PvP battles. I won’t be turning it on because I don’t care that much about world PvP and I just want to be left alone while I level. The small boosts provided are not enough for me to feel the need to turn it on.

Also, if you want to really talk about the PvP talents, many of them are pretty worthless for PvE. Temporal Shield? Prismatic Cloak? The only ones that would make any difference while leveling would be Deep Shatter or Ice Form but you’re not going to be hardcasting Frostbolts with FoF because that doesn’t make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    You are PVE player who is scared to turn on warmode, this along makes your point invalid and useless for this topic.
    You are a “PvP player” who is sad that he can’t oneshot scrubs to stroke his epeen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Only inexperienced players would do those quests before 120, those players will also be extremely easily killed in horde/alliance zones because you can expect 90% of the leveling players to toggle it on for the extra XP thus those players travelling to other faction zones before 120 will be quite outnumbered and in result it will increase their leveling duration which isn't good either.
    This doesn’t make any sense at all.
    Beta Club Brosquad

But you're not a real PvP player. You just gank low levels. You don't have a point other than you can't power trip anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?
    Haha, good one

(R.I.P.) old World pvp, long live the new World PVP!

Also, if you want to really talk about the PvP talents, many of them are pretty worthless for PvE. Temporal Shield? Prismatic Cloak? The only ones that would make any difference while leveling would be Deep Shatter or Ice Form but you’re not going to be hardcasting Frostbolts with FoF because that doesn’t make any sense.
    SIMPLY FALSE. Burst of cold, Chilled to bone, concentrated coolness, deep shastter,... all huge talents for killing mobs and offerign greater aoe farming.

It does though, doesn't it? I mean, those without warmode on doesn't wanna do world pvp. If warmode is bad and removed they will also feel the change because they could now be ganked. They're also part of the system so their opinions is as much valid as yours.
    1) Warmode itself, why the hell you would wanna turn it on for world quests which provide gear? Darkshore for example. Majority of people just play without it and do their quests and leave the zone. Because most people care about efficiently. They do not wanna waste an extra second being ganked by some rogue. Less people = Less fun.
    I play the game mainly to have fun. Warmode lets me fight allys if I want to and the thrill of helping alliance players out in dire situations, not knowing how they will react or if the will start fighting you is great fun.
    2) Death of Quick Joining in World quests, the addon helped a lot finding parties and I had tons of fun pvp, because switching servers was never easier!
    PASS!
    3) Right now, with warmode, you are always prepared, you are basically asking people to kill you. Fighting people who are prepared is same experience you have in BGs or Arenas, which is wrong for the game and fun. Bgs and arenas are fun and games, but world pvp was always unique fun, now it's all gone.
    That is quite personal, sorry you feel that way! I'm perfectly fine with the new system but I respect your lose.
    4) Imagine situation, you are getting ganked by high level and you log your main but he is gone. You check him and alts, finally you find him on his alt and... Tada.. his character is not in warmode!
    I wouldn't even bother with that. To each there own I guess! Try leting go^^
    5) You can't force PVE players actually get better now, all PvE only scrubs will now stay scrubs.
    Didn't you like feeling superior by ganking defenseless low levels or people not good at pvp? Then you argue that they're not forced to "git gud"? Interesting rofl. You know, before this, there were pve servers. It's basically the same thing, isn't it? You couldn't force those people either
    6) Now you can't oneshot low levels, as many people flamed me a lot for this, this was a part of game from the very beginning, I was personally ganked by ?? many times.
    Did you enjoy being smashed by "??" players? I've also been ganked by "??" players and it has never been fun or interesting, just a nuisance. You just sigh, spirit walk and try to ress and go elsewhere for some time, 'til the ganker's gone. What a waste of time, a bit like you're point 1, it's so bloody inefficient. A duel or brawl with equally leveled players was always fun though!
    7) Problems with parting for pvp. I personally have no experience of this but from what I read on forums. For example I wanna do some pvp, but my friend prefers to go and do just PvE. What do we do? Play in different worlds? ofc, I'll be forced to go and turn warmode off and have no fun in doing any sort of pvp.
    Yeah, this is a very valid point, but I guess you'll just have to pick one, the important part is to play and enjoy the game with your friend, no?
    8) Large epic battles. While it's still sometimes possible with group finder - most fun battles just happened and they involved ganking lowbie and completely taking out zone. Now with most lowbies taking warmode off, it's not possible, maximum what I see is 2v2 battles rarely around the world.
    I think bounties and loot drops will sort this, a bit. Will be interesting!
    Last edited by Zephire; 2018-07-26 at 02:56 PM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

because you have 3 buttons to press. because people get to max level faster with an unfair advantage. bevcause if you choose warmore you get more abilities. if you dont they are taken away.
    Actually no, you are not loosing anything. Because by default nobody has these abilities. However you have option to enable warmode on and GAIN some abilities and rewards, in turn for additional risk of being stomped (which could or couldnt happen, thats the risk). If its so rewarding and the risk as you say easily mitigated by guild then why do you complain?
    Just to reiterate again, you are not losing anything, because those abilities are optional and many people will CHOOSE not to have them for the sake of calm pve play.

You are a “PvP player” who is sad that he can’t oneshot scrubs to stroke his epeen.
    I gave 8 reason WHY world pvp is dead, and all of you keep saying one thing, are you all bots or what?

I gave 8 reason WHY world pvp is dead, and all of you keep saying one thing, are you all bots or what?
    Russians speaking about bots, today i've seen everything. What they mean is that if you boil down everything you've said into one conclusion it's that you're a sad panda because you can't gank low levels/people that actually dont want to pvp anymore.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    WPVP is dead. I totally hallucinated the raid i was in flying around darkshore last night fighting alliance for hours. If anyone knows where the shrooms i was apparently on came from let me know please.

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    Actually no, you are not loosing anything. Because by default nobody has these abilities. However you have option to enable warmode on and GAIN some abilities and rewards, in turn for additional risk of being stomped (which could or couldnt happen, thats the risk). If its so rewarding and the risk as you say easily mitigated by guild then why do you complain?
    Just to reiterate again, you are not losing anything, because those abilities are optional and many people will CHOOSE not to have them for the sake of calm pve play.
    If you turn on Warmode, you have 3 more abilities on your bars (or passives)... if you turn it off they go away. You don;t see me talking about the 15% more exp... THAT is a benefit. having 3 abilities made unavailable unless you PvP? That's pretty huge difference in gameplay, and so therefore is taking away.

OP meant unfair ganking is dead. (I'm sure you could find opportunities for that too)
    WPvP seems to be alive and doing ok. Turned War mode on just out of curiosity and
    checked few zones and found plenty of action. Got my PvE a** handed to me few times.
    Seems good change for PvP crowd.

The point of War Mode is that everyone has access to it. Any "unfair advantage" you feel subjected to is a burden you place on yourself. If you feel nerfed outside of War Mode, you'll feel nerfed for every kind of PvE group content. People said the same thing would happen with PvP talents, but no one actually cared.

SIMPLY FALSE. Burst of cold, Chilled to bone, concentrated coolness, deep shastter,... all huge talents for killing mobs and offerign greater aoe farming.
    If you choose your talents for mob farming, you'll be at a disadvantage when attacked by other players. If it really does end up being a good way to farm, you can always take advantage of that opportunity whenever you choose to, and you can go back to Stormwind/Orgrimmar at your leisure and turn War Mode off whenever you're ready. In the worst case scenario, Blizzard can choose to balance problematic PvP talents differently against NPCs. Remember that their explicit goal for War Mode was to offset the inconvenience of being flagged for PvP, and to offer a small incentive to those who took the more unpredictable path. If there are balance problems between War Mode world content and normal world content, they can be addressed directly.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Russians speaking about bots, today i've seen everything. What they mean is that if you boil down everything you've said into one conclusion it's that you're a sad panda because you can't gank low levels/people that actually dont want to pvp anymore.
    Have nothing to say so you bash my nation and mods are fine with that? If all, Russians are superior on BGs, you are scared of us(proven by MANY topics here and on official forums). So who are bots, are European players, and this topic proves it. If they can see one thing out of a lot of text, they are blind idiots. Though perhaps I am idiot myself trying to prove something to idiots...

Deleted
    I thought warmode would be fun, but on my CRZ there is so much horde compared to alliance that I can do a single thing without dying every sec. Since horde is everywhere no matter when someone starts fighting me it ends up in a 4v1....

I won't talk about class balance because LOL. ( I don't want to mention the fact that disc can litteraly kill me without taking damage)
    So as someone who enjoy world pvp I don't have any other choice that turning off this mode.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    The point of War Mode is that everyone has access to it. Any "unfair advantage" you feel subjected to is a burden you place on yourself. If you feel nerfed outside of War Mode, you'll feel nerfed for every kind of PvE group content. People said the same thing would happen with PvP talents, but no one actually cared.

If you choose your talents for mob farming, you'll be at a disadvantage when attacked by other players. If it really does end up being a good way to farm, you can always take advantage of that opportunity whenever you choose to, and you can go back to Stormwind/Orgrimmar at your leisure and turn War Mode off whenever you're ready. In the worst case scenario, Blizzard can choose to balance problematic PvP talents differently against NPCs. Remember that their explicit goal for War Mode was to offset the inconvenience of being flagged for PvP, and to offer a small incentive to those who took the more unpredictable path. If there are balance problems between War Mode world content and normal world content, they can be addressed directly.
    Again... wrong. It's one thing to have reward be titles, mounts, weapon skins, etc... but to have core abilities "pruned" and new ones created that can ONLY be used if you agree to PvP is wrong. To have 11 abilities not available to me unless I choose to play a mode I do not like is not a reason to choose Warmode, it's a good reason to not play BfA at all.

The system will be dumped 100% should they ever make another expansion. Maybe even dumped before BfA is over.

WPvP is dead because it is. Nothing will revitalize it... and this "system" is only going to beat a dead horse further. Instead of incentivizing people who enjoy PvP to play more, it's going to deter people from enjoying the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JainasYellow View Post
    I thought warmode would be fun, but on my CRZ there is so much horde compared to alliance that I can do a single thing without dying every sec. Since horde is everywhere no matter when someone starts fighting me it ends up in a 4v1....

I won't talk about class balance because LOL. ( I don't want to mention the fact that disc can litteraly kill me without taking damage)
    So as someone who enjoy world pvp I don't have any other choice that turning off this mode.
    YES! Answer to this all those haters who wrote here. I have exactly same but opposite problem.