Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Since only one expansion is allowed to be relevant at a time, of course they nerf the universal corrency income in 'previous' expansions.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yup - and when all those gold sources will be squished token worth 350-500 k will be much more appealing to masses to buy

you can farm gold for 50 hours or ... hey we have token which costs like 15-30 minutes of your work wage - hello we wnt you to buy it

ofc people will be buying tokens.
    You don't know how tokens work, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    I couldn't have come up with a more idiotic response myself, so kudos.

Perspective and individuality are irrelevemt, WoW is an MMORPG, built on repetition and RNG. This is an undeniable fact. Which is where subjectivity comes in. I don't give a shit if you don't like "grinding", this game has always been about grinding something. It really just seems like you and the "majority of pl" are playing the wrong game. hfgl
    What it comes down to is a matter of perspective. How much grinding for how much reward. And whether or not the grind is itself enjoyable.

Repeating the same dungeons or raids is technically a grind, but people tend to not recognize or call it that because they're having fun. But it's still just repeating the same thing over and over again.

But when you start talking about things like old-school reputation farming, where you just kill trash mobs over and over, or repeating the same boring WQs every day...most people don't consider that fun. Some do, sure, but most don't, and only do it because they have to in order to get a specific reward.

So it's not really fair to make a blanket statement of accepting all grinds just because it's an MMO. The grind needs to be fair or fun or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    play less and focus on what really matters aka personal developement irl and you wont have such problems.

also i live in relatively poor country - still not a problem to make more then decent wage if you are competent.

- - - Updated - - -

you are missing 1 point - since you could do legion missions with mobile phone app most of people who dont have shitty jobs could push missions while in work

so effectively it was much more effective as long as you played game to sometimes gather some resources
    the mobile app is nowhere as good as in-game addons, ppl who were using mobile app were losing a lot
    and u still can do like 4 missions before u must log and go get new minions, or else u still risk losing bonus and can't do the better missions without the 3 new minion types that got introduced later
    and prior to 7.3 gold missions gave so sh8t reward that blizz admitted that most ppl weren't even caring about doing them in-game at patch 7.3 notes
    Last edited by sam86; 2018-07-24 at 10:26 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    the mobile app is nowhere as good as in-game addons, ppl who were using mobile app were losing a lot
    and u still can do like 4 missions before u must log and go get new minions, or else u still risk losing bonus and can't do the better missions without the 3 new minion types that got introduced later
    I had 200% on all missions without the Argus followers.

If they didn't nerf anything, People would be whining how they're being forced to do legion content because it's so lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    If they didn't nerf anything, People would be whining how they're being forced to do legion content because it's so lucrative.
    To be honest, it is more about timing than anything else. They nerfed legion content while it is still the most current content we have. Before the prepatch, I at least logged in for my missions and some of the more lucrative WQs. Now there is just...nothing.

I don't think people would have been as annoyed if Blizz had nerfed these things - especially the world content - a day before the xpack hit or something. But four weeks of nothing really rewarding aside from farming soon-to-be-obsolete legendaries is not a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    To be honest, it is more about timing than anything else. They nerfed legion content while it is still the most current content we have. Before the prepatch, I at least logged in for my missions and some of the more lucrative WQs. Now there is just...nothing.

I don't think people would have been as annoyed if Blizz had nerfed these things - especially the world content - a day before the xpack hit or something. But four weeks of nothing really rewarding aside from farming soon-to-be-obsolete legendaries is not a great idea.
    Well, you do have a point there (but still not a big deal imo).

However, most of these nerfs cannot be applied by a hotfix, but most likely require a patch + maintenance. So Blizzard's only other choice would be to add another patch right after they "unlock" the BfA content just for the nerfs, which can disrupt their patch cycle and cause other issues.

Deleted
    how do people still care about 50 gold?

that isn't even worth 1/10000 of a cent or something.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well. I started Legion with 3 million gold. How was I able to buy the spider mount, the warframe, tokens from the moment they became available to February 2019 and exit Legion with 6 million gold?

by wasting your life on the game and/or buying gold with credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    is there still a money issue for some people?
    there's so many ways to make gold nowadays, the missions table was a joke. if you had 2-3 alts you could be making 5-10k a day without actually breaking a sweat.
    wow? 5k a day?
    that means that after three months of doing this daily you still can't buy a €13 subscription for one month. great tip.
    Last edited by mmocbb854e85f6; 2018-07-24 at 11:33 AM.

It is an interesting thread, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well, you do have a point there (but still not a big deal imo).

However, most of these nerfs cannot be applied by a hotfix, but most likely require a patch + maintenance. So Blizzard's only other choice would be to add another patch right after they "unlock" the BfA content just for the nerfs, which can disrupt their patch cycle and cause other issues.
    Missions maybe, but halving gold rewards for wqs and the champ equipment is not patchworthy imho. That's just changing a few numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not really equal considering you can get any of those reps finished in about a month without grinding. If they left gold in you'd be doing it ALL expansion long until the end of wow.
    At the same time bitching about how the feel forced to do old content for the gold becasue it's the best way to earn it or something. But instead, they sit here bitching about them making old gold farming methods undesirable.

Good thing, It means we wont see gold inflation ... or less having to farm millions to buy something relevant feels stupid.
    I'm so glad I did not have to go back to WoD to get gold...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post

Play some other games while waiting for BFA... Octopath traveler, God of war... I dont know...

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Good thing, It means we wont see gold inflation ... or less having to farm millions to buy something relevant feels stupid.
    I'm so glad I did not have to go back to WoD to get gold...

- - - Updated - - -

Play some other games while waiting for BFA... Octopath traveler, God of war... I dont know...
    Oh, I am doing that. Doesn't mean what they did was a good move.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rogues can still get 5k per week from the class hall so not everyone is equal in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post

wow? 5k a day?
    that means that after three months of doing this daily you still can't buy a €13 subscription for one month. great tip.
    that's what u can make with 2 alts, you can have 1+k gold mission, with bonus its close to 2k, or more, that's just 1 mission.
    you can have 2 missions, on 5 or more alts, even 10k a day easy.

the more alts, the more work u put it in just to get them to that spot, u can get the money for a token.

i never bought one, i remember it cost like 40k, have no idea whatsoever how much it costs nowadays

"It happened in the past, so that makes it fine, guys! God, get over it!"

Got to love that type of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I don't think it is, no. but Blizzard can be quite neurotic about these things at times. I just won't be surprised if it sees some cuts in the not-too-distant future.
    A great example of their neuroticism is that they nerfed the vendor price of old epic JC gems. Prior to the patch, the Wrath ones vendored for 9g, and the BC ones for 6g. Now they're 80 and 70s, respectively. I made more than 5k/week buying gems off the AH and cutting them for vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    A great example of their neuroticism is that they nerfed the vendor price of old epic JC gems. Prior to the patch, the Wrath ones vendored for 9g, and the BC ones for 6g. Now they're 80 and 70s, respectively. I made more than 5k/week buying gems off the AH and cutting them for vendors.
    It's second time they're nerfing the gems, they used to be 3g uncut and that got lowered to 20s so it was worth to cut them, now it's not worth the clicks for 70s down from 6g. Last time they nerfed them it was related to bots farming dragon soul, black temple and hyjal. Probably they thought with legacy loot "old raid farming" for gold will come back, and they didn't want it, they nerfed old raid gold tons of times, who remembers the "glorious" times you could write /who grim batol or /who halls of lightning and find list of druid bots...

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    What it comes down to is a matter of perspective. How much grinding for how much reward. And whether or not the grind is itself enjoyable.

Repeating the same dungeons or raids is technically a grind, but people tend to not recognize or call it that because they're having fun. But it's still just repeating the same thing over and over again.

But when you start talking about things like old-school reputation farming, where you just kill trash mobs over and over, or repeating the same boring WQs every day...most people don't consider that fun. Some do, sure, but most don't, and only do it because they have to in order to get a specific reward.

So it's not really fair to make a blanket statement of accepting all grinds just because it's an MMO. The grind needs to be fair or fun or both.
    Rep grinds have been in the game since Vanilla, and dailies since TBC, so I'm not buying your argument. Also, they have been locked by a tighter schedule in the past, so be glad the WQ refresh every few hours. You can get exalted with Argus reps in a week or two.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2018-07-24 at 07:14 PM.