Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Not successful because of multiculturalism.

Not successful because of multiculturalism, if you can even call it successful.

Those countries aren't successful and the immigrants from there are pretty criminal too.

You mean the country with a crime rate way higher than Sweden? Where people either die due to not having money or are indebted for the rest of their lives? Where you have to pay for your education? Then again, Sweden will be what USA is in the future if this shit is allowed to continue.

Singapore, the state ruled by a one-party dictatorship that rules with iron fist where men having sex with men is punished with prison? Where same-sex marriages aren't recognized? Where you can be imprisoned for your political opinions and that without a trial due to the ISA? Where news outlets are heavily censored by the state? Where people can be executed for drug offenses? That's successful to you?
    Your responses are really amazingly silly and shallow today. Even worse than usual and that is saying a lot when it comes to you. Canada's economy is driven by Toronto who is majority immigrant and has been so for a long time. As for the rest, if you can bother saying anything other than no or perhaps justify the no? Anything at all better than I would expect from a 3 year old will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Permanence View Post
    Toronto has almost twice the murder rate than my entire country, Canada as a country has slightly more than twice.
    Twice the murder rate?? Are you talking percentages and not getting the concept?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Do you live in a desert in the middle of nowhere? their murder rate is pretty darn low.
    No, I live in Incheon.

No, I live in Incheon.
    So now we know which Notzie you are with a banned account... lol

No, I live in Incheon.
    Oh I am so sorry I will put up with a higher murder rate if it means not living in Korean society, by god you people are uptight.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    So now we know which Notzie you are with a banned account... lol
    I don't have a banned account.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada is pretty peaceful and is built on multi-culturalism.

Singapore, the state ruled by a one-party dictatorship that rules with iron fist where men having sex with men is punished with prison? Where same-sex marriages aren't recognized? Where you can be imprisoned for your political opinions and that without a trial due to the ISA? Where news outlets are heavily censored by the state? Where people can be executed for drug offenses? That's successful to you?
    PAP aren't dictators, you won't be imprisoned for your political opinions unless you think preparing to commit or committing violence for political purposes is just political opinions, what will get you in trouble is being an extremist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Oh I am so sorry I will put up with a higher murder rate if it means not living in Korean society, by god you people are uptight.
    You think we're uptight? Why?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-07-20 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard for people from European countries to move to Switzerland, even harder for non-europeans if not close to impossible for them, if you want to hold Switzerland as a successful country that other countries here should imitate, we should reduce our immigration significantly and make it close to impossible for non-europeans to come here.
    but thats racist and the sjw's will lose their mind Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Ah yes the Racist card we have not seen that one before. In you arrogance have you ever considered that some people may find you morally repugnant the way you live? Or are even willing to wage war upon you like ISIS. In my countrie the Turks are not loyal to our country or our values. But they are loyal to dictator Erdogan and all he stand for. Do i need to accept such a thing?

So no mate its not the same shit all over again. Their are plenty of people who can look beyond race these days. But the left in their cowardice cannot rationally see the bad and good in cultures
    Where did I hear that before? Let's give it a try.

The Jews are not loyal to our country or values! They are loyal to the Zionist conspiracy and all that means! Do I need accept such a thing?

I knew I heard that before, just needed to change a couple of words.

- - - Updated - - -

sip
    You haven't made a single argument, just made up some shit.

You gave it a shot with Singapore, but fell way short, for a country that was a fishing village 70 years ago it came pretty fucking far, it's still a work in progress, but by most measures it is a spectacular success story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    You think we're uptight? Why?
    High suicide rate, higher plastic surgery rate and a workaholic society to the point where people protest when they are forced not to do overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    Immigrants who mostly came for the same idea/culture, to work hard for ones own self and freedom, letting drug lord's and Jihad's is not even the same. 50% of the muslims in the US believe a radical overthrow of the government to put in sharia law is ok. and the US muslim population is considered to be the *most moderate*, and that mark is also the *lowest belief is overthrow of government* it only gets worse in in europe and the closer you get to the middleeast.

hell i meet a bernie sanders supporter back in 2016 on my campus who was muslim and believed in trumps ban on countries with lots of terrorist *so called muslim ban* and is very basic, he even said he father fleed before the radicals took over the government and he does not want to bring the same kind of people that his father fleed for his life from and want to implement sharia law because they do not WANT TO COME HERE FOR A BETTER LIFE. they want to destroy life as we live it, which is freedom.

People also forget THE USA had it borders closed for over 60 years with no immigration before trump even *thought of doing it*

overall, immigration should be merit based and BECAUSE YOU want to assimilate to our culture and ideals, not change them into yours. a country with no borders is no country.
    and 50% of conservatives like to lie about minorities and ethnic groups b/c they're xenophobic.

see how easy that is?

You mean the country with a crime rate way higher than Sweden? Where people either die due to not having money or are indebted for the rest of their lives? Where you have to pay for your education? Then again, Sweden will be what USA is in the future if this shit is allowed to continue.
    Literally the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the world is not successful?? I mean sure, it has problems, but saying its not successful is pretty stupid.

Toronto has almost twice the murder rate than my entire country, Canada as a country has slightly more than twice.
    And yet, Toronto seems to be safer in many regards:

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Incheon

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Toronto

You have a low murder rate, yet overall crime rates seem to be higher than many other cities, including Toronto.

It's hard for people from European countries to move to Switzerland, even harder for non-europeans if not close to impossible for them, if you want to hold Switzerland as a successful country that other countries here should imitate, we should reduce our immigration significantly and make it close to impossible for non-europeans to come here.
    Everyone has an actual machine gun in their house too!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, Toronto seems to be safer in many regards:

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Incheon

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Toronto

You have a low murder rate, yet overall crime rates seem to be higher than many other cities, including Toronto.
    These data are based on perceptions of visitors of this website in the past 3 years.
    I don't give any credence to this.

Fine, feel free to ignore it. My city is very multicultural, and has a murder rate of 1.7 per 100,000 people. What is the murder rate in Incheon?

Of course, if you want to base it off of your city, then there are a lot of monocultural cities that are very unsafe. Maybe it's not just about the varying cultures, but some cities just happen to have a lot of violent assholes in them.

I would worry less about the murder rate rather having the dishonor of being the country with one of the if not the highest suicide rate in the developed world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I hate how failing governments (including my own) and unscrupulous politicians are scapegoating immigrants and multiculturalism. In the UK and and I'm sure the US, immigrants basically built the country.
    Yes and no. Irish immigrants built a lot of the UK's infrastructure including the canals and several major train tunnels/railway lines. Unless you consider UK enslavement and occupation under the Romans, Saxons, Vikings or Normans then until the mid 1800's the only immigrants we'd had were the 40-50,000 Huguenots.

However outside of some slavery, Britain didn't really import migrants extensively during early empire expansion. In fact when our population spiked from 11million to 37 million from 1700-1910 we were the ones emigrating and becoming the migrants building and colonizing commonwealth states and other captured territories. So of our population of approximately 21million in 1850 we had 40,000 Indians (this actually dropped dramatically by 1932 to less than 10,000), 15,000 Africans (almost entirely slave 'cargo'), 30,000 Germans and by 1914 120,000 Russian Jews.

While Great Britain a fair few immigrants and i'd never deny their role in History, particularly the Irish navvies, it'd be more fair to say the UK built itself on the backs of those conquered.

Table is taken from Wikipedia but sourced from information in: An Immigration History of Britain, Multicultural Racism since 1800
    Last edited by Ozyorkbourne; 2018-07-20 at 03:00 AM.

Multiculturalism is not only about the shallow parts of cultures but also the deeper parts, which entails different attitudes towards elders, adolescents, dependents, rule, expectations, work, time, sin, authority etc. How they approach things like religions, marriage, raising children, conflict management etc. And much more.
    Yeah, that was the whole point of my post...

People who demonize the word or say "multiculturalism doesn't work" because they only take into account examples of conflict are who I take issue with.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2018-07-20 at 05:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Its not the size of the group that matters but their way of thinking. These terrorist where well to do middle class . Had access to our economy education and technology and enjoyed a living standard that was significantly higher then anything a Muslim experienced in the middle east. Yet they turned on the people that provided such a live and the question is why.
    Because they were insane, radicalized individuals, not remotely indicative of the larger population.

You know... like ALL terrorists. "Terrorists" doesn't just mean "muslims," you know.

What are your explanations for when white right-wing terrorists kill other white people? Are white people culturally incompatible with white people?

The answer is ideological differences . And these differences are not going away anytime soon.
    You're more likely to be killed by a bolt of lightning in the US than you are by a terrorist, let alone a muslim terrorist. (As I said, there ARE other kinds, you know)

BTW the dutch have much higher Islamic population then the USA we know better then you do.
    Well seeing as there are about 1.7 million arabs in the US and the dutch population of Arabs doesn't even crest 200,000... I don't think that's quite true.

BTW i don't doubt for a second that you turned a blind eye to the rampant homophobia in the Islamic community even after the Orlando shooting.
    What people believe is immaterial to me so long as they don't break the law. They can hate gay people, or anyone else for that matter, in their hearts, but so long as they don't turn that into physical violence or other forms of criminality... you can't change what people think. But you can change what their children think, and that's what's important.

As Muslims integrate into the US their children will be more accepting of homosexuals, just as how every other population is trending towards acceptance of homosexuals, regardless of what their parent's thoughts are on the matter.

And of course you're ignoring the millions of other people that integrated into the United States successfully.

How have the Japanese failed to integrate into the US? According to you, multiculturalism is a sham, and it can't be done. How have the Chinese failed? or the Italians? Or the Irish? Time was that people said these cultures were "incompatible" with the United States, and they were all proven wrong.

Which side of history do you think you stand on?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.