Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lauren Southern fails to troll Australians

Undercover video in Melbourne backfires for right-wing provocateur
    LAUREN Southern came here to cause “chaos” — but her latest effort backfired as Aussies on the street saw right through her.

IT’S a hard life being a social media provocateur, especially if you don’t understand the subtleties and irony of your audience.

Canadian right-wing mouthpiece Lauren Southern said she wanted to cause “chaos” in Australia with her controversial opinions on multiculturalism and Islam. But, when she actually spoke to Aussies on the street, she was met with sarcasm, indifference and confusion.

Bumbling her way through a series of awkward interviews on the streets of Melbourne this week, the 23-year-old — who landed in Australia wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the words “It’s OK to be white” — learnt a lesson in Aussie temperament the hard way.

In a five-minute clip, which she proudly uploaded onto her YouTube page on Wednesday, she wanders the streets of the Victorian capital, supposedly undercover, asking “Should we kill Lauren Southern?” in a desperate attempt to stir up outrage.

However, the interviews don’t exactly provide her with the death threats and fireworks she was looking for.

“I don’t know who that is to be honest,” responds one of the interviewees, which becomes a recurring theme throughout the clip.

Clearly looking for young, left-leaning students to get a rise out of, she then has to explain to them who Lauren Southern is in the third person, as she is supposed to be in disguise.

When explained to them that she is a “fascist and a racist”, some offer sarcastic responses that she should be made to speak while being hung upside-down or she should be pumped full of fentanyl so she would have a “really bad trip for the rest of her life”.

However, since Ms Southern’s disguise amounted to her pretending she was Australian, a couple of the Aussies she spoke to inevitably recognised her — and they still didn’t seem outraged.

Loudly laughing throughout the piece, she can be seen trying to find members of anti-fascist protest group Antifa — based on people’s appearance.

“I think we found a wild Antifa, I think they’re across the street,” she says excitedly to the camera, as if she is making a wildlife documentary.

She then breaks into the worst Aussie accent ever committed to camera as she is surrounded by her beefy security guards.

“Oi, crikey,” she says before walking over to the “live Antifa” members, who turn out to be two Asian blokes minding their own business, having a smoke.

“No that’s just Asian fashion,” she says, brazenly laughing at them as she gets closer. “It’s just Asian fashion that looks like Antifa.”

However, Ms Southern saves the most awkward moment for the end of the clip, when she approaches two women who look utterly bemused by the entire scenario.

“Should we kill Lauren Southern?” Ms Southern asks them.

“Aren’t you her?” one of the women responds.

“No she’s a fascist,” Ms Southern blusters in response.

“I’m pretty sure it’s her,” the interviewee says, looking at her partner with a quizzical look on her face.

The social media provocateur keeps up the pretence and tries to make a joke that all blond people look the same, but the cutting-edge comedy has no effect on the baffled Aussies who just start to walk away.

“She is a fascist and a racist as well,” the interviewee says as she nonchalantly walks away from the Canadian firebrand.

“No one should be killed,” her partner adds.

Despite the car-crash interview and botched disguise spectacularly backfiring, Ms Southern bursts into a fit of laughter — acting as if she intimidated them and forced them to run off in fear.

“I loved the terrified look in her eyes,” she shrieks at the camera before rounding up the bizarre clip.
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/o...65126f928c4a31

Don't quit your day job LOL.

The video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQrnH20sVHk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I like Lauren Southern

As a White man who is now being persecuted by PC groups, Lauren is a Star for me.

Lauren is a voice for a silent majority.

Lauren is one smart hot babe... And because Lauren is not PC, she wont mind me saying that.

Last edited by Blobfish; 2018-07-20 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So you are promoting her?

Cause thats all you have done now.

Damn I'd forgotten all about her.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

It's almost like the right built up college students as some kind of evil boogey man when in reality most of them don't even give a fuck. But that couldn't possibly be it. Nah, they're all secret antifa who want to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    So you are promoting her?

Cause thats all you have done now.
    It's actually headline news in Australia at the moment.

Slow week I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipps View Post
    I like Lauren Southern

As a White man who is now being persecuted by PC groups, Lauren is a Star for me.

Lauren is a voice for a silent majority.

Lauren is one smart hot babe... And because Lauren is not PC, she wont mind me saying that.
    You seem to have mistaken this forum for your blog.

Also LOL, please tell me more about how persecuted you are.

P.S. Why do you keep changing your forum name? I didn't even know you could do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Damn I'd forgotten all about her.
    Yea good thing we got reminded and a link to her youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipps View Post
    As a White man who is now being persecuted by PC groups
    lol

10characters

I can't help but respect her to some extent for bringing to light the horrific plight that white South Africans are facing. It's a real shame that the mainstream media is very quiet on that front.

Slow week I guess.
    Normal week for us tbh :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like she is trying to start outrage on one of the most chilled countries. Aussies are great. All those I have met are really down to earth and have a great sense of humour. Keep being cool Australia
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-07-20 at 11:44 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Slow week I guess.

You seem to have mistaken this forum for your blog.

Also LOL, please tell me more about how persecuted you are.

White male..40s.. Age discrimination..
    Companies are told to be more diverse in their recruitment.
    So white males at bottom of the employers list.

Companies hiring CEOs and directors because they are female & because they are told to include more female directors etc

Hiring is not based on merit but on race & gender

I can see why SJWs are threatened by a hot, opinionated anti-PC woman with the spine to say it how it is, even if it might be uncomfortable to do so.

I'm being told this is a general-purpose phrase in Australia that somehow seems appropriate here: She'll be right, mate.

funny video. cringe article, cringe post. as expected from OP, wow what a hard hitter.
    Working on my next ban.

Wow, such tryhard cringe article. Well, nothing not expected.
    Last edited by Kieldon; 2018-07-20 at 11:58 AM.

if you want to troll aussies all you do is say the only things you know about australia are from that simpsons episode where bart prank calls that little kid and racks up a 500 dollaridoo bill

dollaridoo, brilliant!

Alright, I watched the video...

It seems like a huge contrast to the article? Her reactions were of amusement, she was having a good time - winding people up, perhaps, but she wasn't exactly afraid to poke fun at herself. Unless I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Logorrhea View Post
    I can see why SJWs are threatened by a hot, opinionated anti-PC woman with the spine to say it how it is, even if it might be uncomfortable to do so.
    Hot Anti-PC, edgy right wing women are basically a niche market on YouTube at this point. Nothing very unique about it; Lauren Southern, Lauren Rose, Brittany Pettibone, Laura Loomer, Emily Youcis, etc.

Deleted
    Damn she's hot