Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Lost Artifact Weapons Going Into BfA

This may be the wrong sub forum for this post so if so can a moderator please move!!!

I thought Blizz said they would have a lore reason for why we lose our artifact weapons going into BfA. I figured we'd have a quest or something coming into the pre-patch. Instead all I have seen is they turned them off with no story behind why suddenly they no longer work....besides the obvious it's an expansion. So my question is, did I miss something??? I haven't seen anything on beta, nothing with the pre-patch. So again...did I miss something or are we not getting a reason?

To be clear this is not a whine thread, I am fine with them being removed I just thought Blizz was giving us a reason in game that would make it clear; IE a quest or some kind of event.....you know something beyond server stability on pre-patch day must have been the void lords disabling our weapons (i jest of course).

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This questline here is the lore reason why we can no longer use our weapons. It's been on the live servers for a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    This may be the wrong sub forum for this post so if so can a moderator please move!!!

I thought Blizz said they would have a lore reason for why we lose our artifact weapons going into BfA. I figured we'd have a quest or something coming into the pre-patch. Instead all I have seen is they turned them off with no story behind why suddenly they no longer work....besides the obvious it's an expansion. So my question is, did I miss something??? I haven't seen anything on beta, nothing with the pre-patch. So again...did I miss something or are we not getting a reason?

To be clear this is not a whine thread, I am fine with them being removed I just thought Blizz was giving us a reason in game that would make it clear; IE a quest or some kind of event.....you know something beyond server stability on pre-patch day must have been the void lords disabling our weapons (i jest of course).
    They did. You used them to contain the corrupting power of Sargeras' sword. They became overpowered and then just kind of died.

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    They did. You used them to contain the corrupting power of Sargeras' sword. They became overpowered and then just kind of died.
    They became unstable after we used them on Sargy's sword yeah

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    They became unstable after we used them on Sargy's sword yeah
    Ah...must have missed that. I figured there would be an event or some kind of quest.

Edit: looking at other posts there is a quest line....I must have zerged through it and never noticed. Thanks everyone!!

Hate to revive a dead thread but i've always been curious about them too. As we have seen in BFA. Shadow Priests no longer have Xal'atath. So that would imply that all playable Spriests used to to drain the power and then left in on the ship? Where does it say our items physically went to? Did all mage artifacts get locked up by the Kirin'Tor? How in lore do they explain shadow priests actually losing their item? that part always bugged me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NiftySwifty View Post
    Hate to revive a dead thread but i've always been curious about them too. As we have seen in BFA. Shadow Priests no longer have Xal'atath. So that would imply that all playable Spriests used to to drain the power and then left in on the ship? Where does it say our items physically went to? Did all mage artifacts get locked up by the Kirin'Tor? How in lore do they explain shadow priests actually losing their item? that part always bugged me.
    Yea I mean, last I checked, my dagger is still chilling in my bank on my priest

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Xal'atath is meant to be a bit like The One Ring, in that when it gets tired of it's old owner it always finds a way to slip away.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftySwifty View Post
    Xal'athat is being keeped in the netherlight temple, at least that is how was you get the blade in the first datamined build(before blizzcon), a priest gives you the blade that has been lately being kinda "whispering" to anyone who gets close