Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Your favourite pre-expansion patches

For me it has to be Cataclysm. I remember the excitement of trying out a new Troll druid in the revamped 1-60 zones plus the new water visuals. Second would have to be WotLK with the zombie outbreak event and then Legion with the invasion points across Azeroth

Wrath hands down. Zombie invasion was tons of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed bringing the plague to IQD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    For me it has to be Cataclysm. I remember the excitement of trying out a new Troll druid in the revamped 1-60 zones plus the new water visuals. Second would have to be WotLK with the zombie outbreak event and then Legion with the invasion points across Azeroth
    Hands down BFA.

Cataclysm for me

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Hands down BFA.
    0 content is indeed so much fun!

I'd say the Wrath pre-patch for me. It inconvenienced all players ... but made the threat of the Lich King/Scourge really pronounced and the journey to Northrend seem very epic, not to mention Borean Tundra and the Howling Fjord were HUGE zones and made Northrend feel like a massive continent. Great pre-patch and start to a fantastic expansion...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    wrath event no competition, it was a pre-event that made u feel u going to fight an unstoppable force, death itself
    at start dispel work, later not even dispel works, u get disease, u are dead, zombie
    until putress saved us all (which made his betray had even bigger impact), u literally felt that nothing can stop the lich king, a feeling we already had very strong since arthas pretty much f8cked anyone in his path in wc3 when he wasn't as powerful as now (now as in 2008)
    no event since that time was good imo, all events are becoming very sidelined, legion event felt was to help u rush lvl alts more than to actually feel legion invasion tbh
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    Wrath hands down. Zombie invasion was tons of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed bringing the plague to IQD
    It was shit. Griefers everywhere. Good luck getting anything done during that event

OT: Never cared much for the events and scenarios, but more about gameplay changes. And for me, the best change to this day is the legacy loot mode.

Event-wise, Wrath was definitely the most entertaining for me.

Changes-wise, I'd say either Cata or Legion. Both of them introduced some pretty drastic talent revamps and class changes.

The ones people are saying were really fun. As a person who has trouble leveling extra characters, the legion pre-event was amazing. I was able to max out all of my alts and other classes with ease in those invasions before they got nerfed. It really opened up the game for me having that many more classes at level cap.

Undead invasion from Wrath, I still have all the removed armor looks from the rewards!

10+ Year Old Account
    The wrath event was a lot of fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    The plague was the best and most interesting thing they ever did as a world event. I would give my (character's) left nut to have them bring that back for a couple of weeks.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Cata prepatch down were all pretty damn good. After that honestly they were just rolling new systems into place and a little event baked in that was normally really designed to just be done or ignored at will.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It was shit. Griefers everywhere. Good luck getting anything done during that event

OT: Never cared much for the events and scenarios, but more about gameplay changes. And for me, the best change to this day is the legacy loot mode.
    Meh, there's not really that much to "get done" during pre-patch anyways. It's really the best time for those sort of disruptive events, and I have to agree with others that the Wrath one was amazing. Though I'll always have fond memories of BC opening too, and the fancy tabard (plus the Feat that goes with it) are a nice badge of experience for those who know what it is.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

MoP for me just because how good warlocks felt with the changes. Second to wrath for the zombie event.

WoTLK without a doubt. It was such a haunting feeling, walking into a city and seeing a sea of corpses wherever you went. Shame it was cut short because of all the humourless whiners.

The only pre-launch event I missed was the wrath one -.-. Which probably would have been my favorite had a lightning strike not said "lol surge protector" and completely fry everything internet related, including my machine. Wasn't able to get a new one until halfway through Ulduar.

Wrath was probably the best, all though BC was pretty sweet too. I remember people kiting Kazzak to Ironforge and him just wrecking everybody haha.

WotLK which is no contest. The game felt so alive and the event allowed you to create your own fun, I wouldn't mind if they made this a more regular event.

7+ Year Old Account
    wotlk was the best
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/