Thread: [TV] Titans

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Trash. Grim dark edgey trash. Hasn't DC learned anything from the failure of their cinematic universe?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with the people who call it out for being dark for the hell of it.

Nolan Batman was good because it captured Batman struggling to fight the worst in his city while sticking to his rule of not killing.

Affleck's gives you the detective and humanity's watchdog Batman. The Batman who as a mere mortal but could hand with the supers. Him killing works because he is clearly meant to be an alt version of the other Batmans.

This Titans being dark for the sake of being dark is lame. Saying 'fuck Batman' is lame. Now they show why a Robin would say that and the audience empathize with Robin...I don't think that's what they are going for though.

It also looked like a YouTube fan movie than something on the big screen.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

That trailer almost looked fake to me. DC is getting worse and worse over time and I have zero clue as to why producers think crap like this is a good idea.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

As with all other DC universe TV productions, it looks like it was made in the early 2000's by some high school animation enthusiasts, and the acting/dialogue seems cheesy as ever.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    I am still in dubio if it looks like a fan made internet show or a 1990's tv show with a 200 dollar budget.
    In any case, it looks baaaaaaaad. Like SyFy channel bad. Possibly worse even.

And the CGI did nothing to make these characters look more like how they are supposed to look. Let's not even start again about Starfire...

starfire looks like a dumpster cosplay. or a cheap hooker

It will be interesting to see how many types of animals Beast Boy will exhibit in the show. Whether they will be live action or CG (for the green effect).

If they do live action I can't imagine more than five animals (bird, wolf/dog, rat/mouse, big cat, ape)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well the trailer dropped

I will admit it doesn't look too bad in places, certainly looks a lot better with all that CGI covering them up... but Beast Boy and Starfire still look horrible. And then there's the whole "fuck Batman" line? lol. I guess DC sticking with dark and gritty for this? And its rated M too, so lots of violence and F bombs I guess, not sure it that screams Titans to me, but what do you lads and ladies think?

The trailer didn't just drop. It went splat like a rotten egg.

I can only imagine the elevator pitch. "It's going to be like Disney's Descendants, but more grimdark than Nolan's Batman!"
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    The trailer didn't just drop. It went splat like a rotten egg.

I can only imagine the elevator pitch. "It's going to be like Disney's Descendants, but more grimdark than Nolan's Batman!"
    Thats a scary pitch :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

"Fuck Batman"

ok easy boy wonder, you aren't a nightwing yet.

pass, i'll take my teen titans go movie any day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    to be fair there is atlest one version of robin who isn't the biggest fan of batman in the white knight comics. but ya the writing don't seem so good.
    Man... How good was White Knight? Such a great run. Was worried they'd fumble the ending like they did on Infamous Iron Man, but boy they STUCK that landing.

Back on topic: That version of Robin was probably the most antagonistic we've seen towards Bruce... And even then he wasn't at the "Fuck Batman" level.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

So much edge in that trailer I needed a bandaid. Sad, just sad.

if they want to make a more rebel robin and have a connection with raven that they use as an example the new comics of teen titans

hopefully after jason appears in titans give him his own series of red hood and the outlaws

Saw this today.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Shaping up to be worse than Legends of Tomorrow?
    Hextor you are OUT, thanks for disqualifying yourself. LOT a bad show = you have no taste at all

I like how they got none of the characters right.

at least they're consistent in their awfulness.

a dick grayson who says "fuck batman" yeah that would never happen, that's a jason todd thing.
    a raven who's an emotional mess? yeah cos she's not the famously deadpan character right?
    a starfire who casts flames and not green lasers? okay?

seriously this looks worse every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Utter shit. I refuse to watch it after seeing how shit all the costumes look, as well as their decision to cast the actress for Starfire. She looks like a middle-aged hooker.
    I still wonder why they did this. Starfire is a fan favourite, possibly even the most popular character in the Titans team.

This is the best they could do with it? I can't accept that, it's just not possible. They simply did not put their best people on this project, people that simply don't care.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    if they want to make a more rebel robin and have a connection with raven that they use as an example the new comics of teen titans

hopefully after jason appears in titans give him his own series of red hood and the outlaws
    the only reason i can think of that they wouldn't use damian for an edgy teen Titans is that most comman people don't know who he is where pretty much every one knows dick at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I like how they got none of the characters right.

at least they're consistent in their awfulness.

a dick grayson who says "fuck batman" yeah that would never happen, that's a jason todd thing.
    a raven who's an emotional mess? yeah cos she's not the famously deadpan character right?
    a starfire who casts flames and not green lasers? okay?

seriously this looks worse every time.
    starfire really's seems more like firestorm to me flaming hair and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    the only reason i can think of that they wouldn't use damian for an edgy teen Titans is that most comman people don't know who he is where pretty much every one knows dick at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

starfire really's seems more like firestorm to me flaming hair and all.
    People know who Damian is, at least people who like comics and will see this

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    People know who Damian is, at least people who like comics and will see this
    well ya any one who reads comics even sparely will know but the general none comic readers don't and they seem to try and go for what the general views will know with there movies and shows.