Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Artifact t mogs are not really account wide

Everything transmoggable is able to be done across all accounts aka wow1 wow2 wow3 and so on. EXPECT ARTIFACTS?! please tell me this is a bug. Why would they allow everything, mounts,pets, toys,costumes, heirlooms,gear, but no artifact...

You cant tmog artifacts with other artifacts so if you want a alt to look cool with your artifact then buy a cheap weapon then tmog over it

Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    You cant tmog artifacts with other artifacts so if you want a alt to look cool with your artifact then buy a cheap weapon then tmog over it
    Done that. Only artifact is appearance tab is the base skin

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Done that. Only artifact is appearance tab is the base skin
    Same here

Not sure if this is a bug or is intentional but i doubt its intentional so i hope blizz will fix this in the next few weeks

huh? Did something happen in the past few hours? Because I looked at it this morning and my other character's artifact appearances where showing up in another's xmog window.

Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    Same here

Not sure if this is a bug or is intentional but i doubt its intentional so i hope blizz will fix this in the next few weeks
    Same I'm hoping it's Just an oversight, it makes no sense to allow everything else across all accounts except this.

It makes sense that other classes cannot transmog to others artifacts and only characters of the same class can use them. After all, they are very strongly lore tied to a class. I wouldn't want to see them in other classes hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Same I'm hoping it's Just an oversight, it makes no sense to allow everything else across all accounts except this.
    Yes, yes it does. Not everything else has a Giant lore driven story as to why this is the weapon of the class champion. In some cases, the weapons that they themselves forged.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it just has to do with how you change appearances at the moment (at the forge). Once BfA hits and our artifacts are gone gone, the appearances show up in the transmog tab afaik

Currently you cannot transmog one artifact onto another, but you can transmog artifact appearances onto normal weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It makes sense that other classes cannot transmog to others artifacts and only characters of the same class can use them. After all, they are very strongly lore tied to a class. I wouldn't want to see them in other classes hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, yes it does. Not everything else has a Giant lore driven story as to why this is the weapon of the class champion.
    Totally agree I understand spec lock its makes perfect sense,but this is nonsense. I already opened a ticket and the lame ass excuse they gave me was sorry we know it's frustrating but we have no way to see what artifacts you have unlocked sorry.
    Really??? Your telling me you can go 10 years into the past and undelete a grey item but you cant see what artifacts I have unlocked???

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Pretty sure it just has to do with how you change appearances at the moment (at the forge). Once BfA hits and our artifacts are gone gone, the appearances show up in the transmog tab afaik
    What do you mean by gone gone? Traits are already disabled they are not removing them from your bags when bfa is live
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    But they show up now. The problem isn't that they are not in the tab but that there is not skin or color variations unlocked except the base skin

Deleted
    When you have the transmog window open (or the appearance tab if you are currently in the appropriate spec for the appearance), right-click on the dagger in the appearances list, and you'll see a list of other appearances that have the same coloured dagger.

Copy pasted from blue, can't post a link tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledot View Post
    When you have the transmog window open (or the appearance tab if you are currently in the appropriate spec for the appearance), right-click on the dagger in the appearances list, and you'll see a list of other appearances that have the same coloured dagger.

Copy pasted from blue, can't post a link tho.
    The only option that shows is the original base weapon that's already selected, theres no option for the hidden or pvp or anything. Its acting like you only just created the character and have never done any of the requirements

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, yes it does. Not everything else has a Giant lore driven story as to why this is the weapon of the class champion. In some cases, the weapons that they themselves forged.
    You mean, giving doomhammer to a warrior or ashbringer to a deathknight should never happen?

- - - Updated - - -

If that was true then you wouldnt be able to tmog artifacts on alts of the same class. But you can.

Deleted
    When you talk to transmog guy, in the top right it should show the weapon type, click on the arrow and you'll see an option legion artifacts and you'll see every color & appearance you unlocked.

Totally agree I understand spec lock its makes perfect sense,but this is nonsense. I already opened a ticket and the lame ass excuse they gave me was sorry we know it's frustrating but we have no way to see what artifacts you have unlocked sorry.
    Really??? Your telling me you can go 10 years into the past and undelete a grey item but you cant see what artifacts I have unlocked???
    I would suspect they are being bombarded at the moment with massive bugs. They seem to have a ton of them to sort through right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Everything transmoggable is able to be done across all accounts aka wow1 wow2 wow3 and so on. EXPECT ARTIFACTS?! please tell me this is a bug. Why would they allow everything, mounts,pets, toys,costumes, heirlooms,gear, but no artifact...
    Artifact transmog is indeed account wide. They have a minimum level of 98 required. You can't take an artifact on one toon and use any of the appearances because you have to go to the forge which is toon locked. What you need to do is get a different weapon completely, I used a heirloom as it cost me nothing, and then go to the Transmogrifier and then when you click the weapon you choose the drop-down menu and pick "Legion Artifacts" and it will list all of the ones you currently have unlocked.

I was able to mog my main's Arcane Mage Tower appearance onto my Alliance fresh 110 alt with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledot View Post
    When you talk to transmog guy, in the top right it should show the weapon type, click on the arrow and you'll see an option legion artifacts and you'll see every color & appearance you unlocked.
    I've answered this response 100x now. I am aware of that. But I am now playing on an alt rogue. My main rogue has unlocked multiple skins, on this alt (which is 110 and doesnt use artifact weapon) it shows I have unlocked 0 different skins.