Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so u and ur friends enjoy that if u have only 3 hours to play, spend them entirely doing half a dungeon, while other ppl run that same dungeon 3 times because they picking a class far superior to urs in everything

u still didn't answer, there are 70+ match at least in mythic 'world competition', can u spot the non dk tank in ANY of them at all? why u think a community of a game that sees literally every single match about a game use a DK tank, will ask for random non dk tank for a mythic+ dungeon ?
    If your asking if we prefer having fun instead of clearing faster then yes we prefer having fun.

As to the races, don’t know don’t care I haven’t even glanced at the races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    difference is back then classes werent designed with an intentional expansionwide bandaid in mind, but were designed to stand on their own.
    That’s the subjective part though. Some people will like what we have now without azerite more then what we had before without sets. For me I enjoy the current hunter with only the core we have then I liked say cata hunters which made me put down the class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    As to the races, don’t know don’t care I haven’t even glanced at the races.
    Like ... you claim you haven't played Legion, you have not researched BfA and yet are very outspoken about a comparison of both. Legit MMOC discussion boss at work.

I think it all depends on how they scale or tweak the azerite bonuses. They are weaker than Legion legendaries currently, but can easily be brought up to equivalence through simple number tweaks. I guess it depends on what exactly Blizz wants to do with them, and how much of an impact they are hoping to get out of them.

The foundation it creates has a lot of potential, and it would be really easy for Blizz to make it have larger impacts. The question for me is "will they?"

You realize that he has the whole picture of the whole system for the whole xpac in his head when he talks about it, right?

Tier sets usually sucked on first tier of raiding and got more interesting with every raid tier..

Ion is probably working on patch 8.3 as we speak.

Ion Hazzikostas is so boring to watch... face with no expressions, emotions and lack of visible enthusiasm, no wonder he is an ex-lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You realize that he has the whole picture of the whole system for the whole xpac in his head when he talks about it, right?

Tier sets usually sucked on first tier of raiding and got more interesting with every raid tier..

Ion is probably working on patch 8.3 as we speak.
    This.

Plus, there's nine traits we'll have active eventually. Vs two tier set bonuses. Personally I don't mind the fact they add things that don't carry on to the next expansion, because artifacts would never have been designed they way they were if they thought they had to carry them over into BFA. It let blizzard go ham with artifact traits knowing they could retire the system and replace it with another next time.

Sure, we're losing legendaries, but I'm glad they're going away, no more rng deciding who gets a super awesome bis legendary and who gets a crap one. Sure eventually you'll get all of them for your spec but that takes a good amount of time, and god help you if you play multiple specs and classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Like ... you claim you haven't played Legion, you have not researched BfA and yet are very outspoken about a comparison of both. Legit MMOC discussion boss at work.
    I played legion i just didn’t raid for most of it stopping after nighthold. As to bfa I haven’t gone over every single azerite bonus sure but I have been keeping up with other things like class development for the classes I’m going to play as it’s the core of the class that matters to me not the bonuses form tier sets or azerite.

As to my opinion on azerite it self it’s very very simple. If I choose not to raid I get bonus effects that weren't there before, so there’s no downside. If I choose to raid I’ll still get a bonus based on the raid just like I did with tier sets, so again no downside.

As some one who likes the core of there class already azerite has litteraly zero negatives I get a bonus even if that bonus is small either way.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-07-20 at 05:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Azerite System sucks. Talents and Artifact Weapons were better than a dull system like Azerite.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Azerite in 8.0.x is bleh, we see where it goes.

Am very interested in if they tweak M+ dungeon azerite gear when 8.1 drops, past experience says it won't.

What I think shows how bad some specs are at their core is how Blizzard uses those aura's to adjust damage. No spec should ever exceed 5% in either direction, hell I'd argue there should never be a negative aura because that just plain sucks to know. Just on the last pass they played with those, 11 specs are swinging 12%/-12% or more. Look at shaman, resto +55%, Enhance -46%. That isn't looking at the other 20+ that they did not touch on that pass, wouldn't be suprised it close to 66% of those were swinging 10% or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    FYI op, Azerite traits that are not full on stacking is a bug. Plenty of them do. And you're out of your mind if you're seriously trying to tell me that Azerite traits that turn my colossus smash into a rage generator are not what we call "game changing". It is as game changing by every measure that matters as any tier set or legion legendary if not more so as a matter of fact, and ya it stacks as intended. No rage? Can't charge, no prob C smash 30 rage ur g2g.
    Could you point me to a source for that bug statement please?

Other wise I’ve gone though 5 expans with out azerite or legion legendarys so I see them as the bonus rather they are impactful or not.
    If I give you a lollipop for you doing the dishes, and then I take the lollipop away, and tell you to do the vacuuming so you can get your lollipop (back), then how many lollipops will you have? Is the "second" a bonus?
    Because this is exactly what happened in the last 2 expacs.

I played legion i just didn’t raid for most of it stopping after nighthold. As to bfa I haven’t gone over every single azerite bonus sure but I have been keeping up with other things like class development for the classes I’m going to play as it’s the core of the class that matters to me not the bonuses form tier sets or azerite.

As to my opinion on azerite it self it’s very very simple. If I cho It ose not to raid I get bonus effects that weren't there before, so there’s no downside. If I choose to raid I’ll still get a bonus based on the raid just like I did with tier sets, so again no downside.

As some one who likes the core of there class already azerite has litteraly zero negatives I get a bonus even if that bonus is small either way.
    So let me get straight. You don't really play the game and don'treally care what happens since you aren't very attached, yet you attack others who do care about the game. Typical blizz defender on the forums.

Deleted
    The whole WoW 8.x game is now wreckt. That meant wrecked, by the way.

That whole azerite system is a rush job, it's a band aid. When you lack creative ideas, shit like that happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So let me get straight. You don't really play the game and don'treally care what happens since you aren't very attached, yet you attack others who do care about the game. Typical blizz defender on the forums.
    Wait so I don’t play the game because I haven’t done 2 raids? Because I’ve done all of the story lines other then like 2 class ones. all of the dungeons the mage tower for the classes I wanted. The brawlers guild all of the reps ect ect. But I didn’t clear 2 raids so clearly I never play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    If I give you a lollipop for you doing the dishes, and then I take the lollipop away, and tell you to do the vacuuming so you can get your lollipop (back), then how many lollipops will you have? Is the "second" a bonus?
    Because this is exactly what happened in the last 2 expacs.
    I never asked for the lollipop (legendarys) and I didn’t particularly like the ones I got. I was fine with no lolipop for years and getting a slightly smaller one (azerite) won’t bother me at all.

Maybe Ion knows more about whats coming than we do, but _I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

Here is the reason why:
    Be it tier sets, azerite gear, legendaries or even trinkets, all of those are supposed to give us something for character progression aside from levels and pure stats. The role those systems play is the same. Every single one of those comes with their unique problems.

I understand why people thing azerite gear is supposed to replace artifact weapons, tier sets and legendaries all at one. With 4 tier pieces, 2 legendaries and one fixed weapon, 7 gear slots are "blocked" "forever". Most of the time you can count trinkets in as well, so this gives us 9 blocked slots with very rare replacements once we got our BIS. At least it feals like this until you get a big titanforged piece.

To avoid this in the future all of these systems got removed, and replaced by one other system.

The problems of azerite gear are already visible. They don't have secondary stats. Why? 'cause players shouldn't need to judge about the weights of the stats against the traits. They can't be traded. Why? To avoid PL abuse? No, i don't think so. My guess is that the traits on the piece are set as soon as the item is created and cant be changed anymore when they get traded (similar to PL lootet tier sets). And they cant titanforge, so players dont have to weight ilvl vs. traits, or are forced to hope for the RNG gods to get a high titanforged piece from M+ 'cause only there are the BIS traits. Last but not least: most of the traits are boring fillers to give us the illusion of "choice" and "progression".

My question is: Why do they implement a system which is already flawed by design? Why can't they come up with meaningful character progression which can last longer than a single expansion? And why do they have to put so much boring filler stuff into it? I'm fine with getting a rare bonus, like a legiondary, IF it is meaning and impactful. I don't need to get my "small daily dose of a reward" every now and then to feel good and keep playing. But i guess thats the whole point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Could you point me to a source for that bug statement please?
    I can point you to the part where you're not quick enough to figure it out. It has been stated by Ion and/or other devs multiple times at this point that Azerite traits are intended to stack. So it is very clearly a bug when it's not working on beta, really not complicated. I've had traits that do work when they are stacked and I've had traits that were clearly bugged and cancelling eachother out when stacked. Pretty fkn obvious which ones are bugged and aren't seeing as they are clearly intended to stack as per the people developing the fkn game.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-07-21 at 12:34 AM.

How they seem to want it to work and how it does actually work is the issue. Much like the garrison or order hall mission boards/tables, to hear him describe those you would think they were an awesome interactive part of the game. They seem to be struggling with making their vision or ideas become reality. Mix in over selling things a bit and we all end up disappointed to various degrees.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    The problems of azerite gear are already visible. They don't have secondary stats. Why? 'cause players shouldn't need to judge about the weights of the stats against the traits. They can't be traded. Why? To avoid PL abuse? No, i don't think so. My guess is that the traits on the piece are set as soon as the item is created and cant be changed anymore when they get traded (similar to PL lootet tier sets).
    False, the traits on all Azerite gear is static, meaning. It is not a random thing that happens when it drops. You can farm for specific traits that you want, and each piece has multiple options to choose from which you can later respect if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Dude don't be that guy...plenty of people only play this game for pvp and are gladiators and never really step foot in a raid. Raiding really isn't the benchmark of people who "really play this game" and don't and really never was tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    And again wow will bleed more until it goes in to maintenece mode, even now its below 2 mill subs.I gues people like mediocrity. i.imgur.com/XRmAeAi.jpg
    You are dumb. We already know legion has outperformed WoD and WoD was 5 mil.