10+ Year Old Account

The Redeemer's Gilded Peepers?

This may be nothing, but I just happened to notice that Arator the Redeemer's eyes have glossed golden. Yet, as I understand it, Arator and the High Elves of the Silver Covenant and the Alliance do not enjoy perpetual proximity to the Sunwell - the purification of which has been speculated as the reason for the introduction of the new customization feature.

Am I to take it then that the permitted pilgrimages of Quel'dorei to Quel'Thalas since the reforging of Quel'Delar and the joint campaign to Zul'Aman following the Cataclysm continue and cause this, or is there another explanation? I would have assumed the Quel'dorei's open access to Quel'Danas would have ended, or at least been more heavily restricted since the events leading up to the battles in northwestern Kalimdor and Lordaeron.

So, is there another explanation? Are all of the Land of Eternal Spring's diurnal pointy-eared descendants who wield the Light glowing golden now? Is this specific to paladins, or are holy-leaning priests invited in the canon as well? Are they Lightforged? Is this reaching all of the High Elves, and half-High Elves, or is there something special about Arator? Why are Vereesa's eyes still blue?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Unless specifically cut off by the magisters, there is no range on the Sunwell's influence.

Arator's eyes however are probably a bug, I don't think half elves get the Sunwell's boon.

unless it's just showing off how good of a paladin he is.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-07-20 at 05:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Probably the same reason all male Night Elves have golden eyes.

This was likely done to fix the bug that most high elf male models have, same with all the dark ranger models. With the model update, they never added in the red/blue glow, so they all glowed green. Golden eyed paladin closer to his dad is better than green glowing eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Unless specifically cut off by the magisters, there is no range on the Sunwell's influence.

Arator's eyes however are probably a bug, I don't think half elves get the Sunwell's boon.

unless it's just showing off how good of a paladin he is.
    Or its his human half glowing with potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Or its his human half glowing with potential.
    "Taking up Lothar's shattered sword, Turalyon disarmed Doomhammer and struck him unconscious. Other orcs cowered from him as the light around him grew blinding, and the black rock on which he stood was blanched white by its power."

He inherited the ultimate in human potential, I'm surprised there's any elf left in him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    "Taking up Lothar's shattered sword, Turalyon disarmed Doomhammer and struck him unconscious. Other orcs cowered from him as the light around him grew blinding, and the black rock on which he stood was blanched white by its power."

He inherited the ultimate in human potential, I'm surprised there's any elf left in him!
    What if his elven half is totally lusting over his human half and being super submissive to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What if his elven half is totally lusting over his human half and being super submissive to it ?
    Well no, that'd be ghey. Blizzard only deals in safe controversy like attractive lesbians.

... Probably tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its possible he got Lightforged

He's a Paladin. The rest isn't really needed, even without the rejuvenated Sunwell the Light would normally have given him golden eyes. They simply weren't available ingame up till now. Same should indeed be happening to predominantly Light-leaning priests as well, although not to the same degree as Paladins.

Meanwhile, all Shadow Priests should really be Ren'dorei, with the accompanying effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a dozen reasons that could be applied, but most of them will depend on your willingness to suspend your disbelief.
    A willingness all too rarely seen on this forum of nitpickers and "I'm just opening up conversation lol " thread-starters.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    There's a dozen reasons that could be applied, but most of them will depend on your willingness to suspend your disbelief.
    A willingness all too rarely seen on this forum of nitpickers and "I'm just opening up conversation lol " thread-starters.
    That's fair. I'm more inclined to search for a reason why something could make sense in the canon, rather than focus on why it doesn't, blame the writers and destroy the immersion. That was never my intent.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)