Deleted

Herbalism in pre-patch

Is there a new way to view where your profession skill caps are? When I pull up my profession tab, all I see are:
    Outland Herbalism: 1/75
    Outland Skinning: 23/75

I can't pick a Black Lotus because it says "requires herbalism 300"

I contacted a GM and they replied telling me my classic level was 299/300 (again, how can I see this figure?) However, I've recently been picking orange skilled herbs over and over and I'm getting no increases in profession skill (no mention of gaining any skill in my trade window).

Trying to sort this out and figured I'd drop a line to the MMO Champ community. Thanks

All professions have now it's own progression bar: 1-300 for classic, and 1-75/100 for each expansion.

If you open the herbalism skills tab it will show you in addition to all your ranks for legion herbs, your skill level for each of the expansion skills. To get classic 300 you have to harvest a high level classic herb or two. A few nodes in any zone where you would find black lotus should do.

Similarly you will need to harvest burning crusade herbs for burning crusade herbalism, northrend herbs for northrend herbalism, cataclysm herbs for cataclysm herbalism, draenor herbs for draenor herbalism, and legion herbs for legion herbalism.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback! That has got to be the longest single skill point ive had to get yet. 20+ herbs plucked that were all orange difficulty. I thought orange was a guarantee skill up

Pretty sure you need to pick herbs in the classic areas to get skillups for classic herbalism.

Deleted
    Yep, what saroc said is 100% true, i tried it myself so i needed to go back to azeroth to herb........