Thread: Epic AV..

Deleted

Epic AV..

Is still not epic. Damn I had hopes of the old(old!) AV returning in some form, something that put more focus on the summons, wolf riders, foot soldiers and bat riders.

Dissapointed to say the least! especially since its in a seperate queue from normal BGs

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I haven’t done av since it got its own que but s freind said it was actually easier now then before. If so that seems to underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post
    Is still not epic. Damn I had hopes of the old(old!) AV returning in some form, something that put more focus on the summons, wolf riders, foot soldiers and bat riders.

Dissapointed to say the least! especially since its in a seperate queue from normal BGs
    You misunderstand why it's in a seperate queue. It's specifically because there are a lot of players that dislike AV and IoC. Also, they do not appear in the rated battlegrounds, which means getting them is largely meaningless.

I like that they are on a separate queue because sometimes I am in the mood specifically for them, and sometimes I want to just have normal PvP. It's my hope that Blizzard will add a version of Wintergrasp and possibly even Tol Barad to these epic battlegrounds, but we'll have to see on that one.

Either way, AV is the same as it's always been -- which is to say, it's a little disappointing. But don't worry, classic will be coming around sooner or later and we can relive the classic AV experience once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I haven’t done av since it got its own que but s freind said it was actually easier now then before. If so that seems to underwhelming.
    it's because they broke the scaling and you can just kill the boss right off the bat,makes AV last for about 3-4 minutes,highly disappointing

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    it's because they broke the scaling and you can just kill the boss right off the bat,makes AV last for about 3-4 minutes,highly disappointing
    That’s sounds pretty awful. Hopefully when they fit it they make it so you can’t just Zerg it.

Deleted
    The "epic" tag is for 40 men bgs that pvers and girls join, because individual skill and gear means exactly 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    The "epic" tag is for 40 men bgs that pvers and girls join, because individual skill and gear means exactly 0.
    Someone's not developped enough for simple tactics and strategy and attacks anyone who is to feel better about himself?

well that's a bummer.. i was kinda hoping it would've been like the last pre patch when everything got scaled up to max level in there so you couldn't just breeze through it.
    i really hope they sort it out because i'd like proper runs of this.. otherwise it'll just be a botting cesspool like it's been for several years now and they may aswell just delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post
    It would only return to that if Blizzard reverted the nerf that tipped the already Alliance-favored BG even more in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    It would only return to that if Blizzard reverted the nerf that tipped the already Alliance-favored BG even more in their favor.
    it's not really Alliance favored. as long as you don't take the lemming approach which sadly most do.
    it's not a mirrored map but for some reason keep trying to play like it is.
    same thing with isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    it's not really Alliance favored. as long as you don't take the lemming approach which sadly most do.
    it's not a mirrored map but for some reason keep trying to play like it is.
    same thing with isle.
    Sure it is...

Horde has to kill every archer to be able to cap a tower. Alliance just has to kill one.
    Horde has to pass through a narrow, high walled road and then a bridge the creates one, big choke point. Alliance crosses an open field.
    Horde has to contend with town NPCs. Alliance just waltzes into the fort.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Sure it is...

Horde has to kill every archer to be able to cap a tower. Alliance just has to kill one.
    Horde has to pass through a narrow, high walled road and then a bridge the creates one, big choke point. Alliance crosses an open field.
    Horde has to contend with town NPCs. Alliance just waltzes into the fort.
    make use of stealth and cap it and all of the ally archers dissapears. + you can pillar hump like crazy and pretty much 1vx while in the horde towers all you got to do for defense is roll in and spam aoes.
    horde got a chokepoint right inside their base.
    who gives a crap about npc's?

10+ Year Old Account
    That shit was fun rushing to drek lol rip it was patched yesterday apparently

The NPCs are hitting so fucking hard too near flags it's HILARIOUS to watch people get rekt by them.. I got demolished once too :3

The NPC health works now, was a bug I think.

Pretty Epic imo, I had a 2 hour game today.

Ive been in a few games with summons. Just the big ones though. Most players have no idea how to summon wolf riders or air units. Last match I played where we capped two towers and Bal. We were then forced to just kill 300+ Alliance because they bottlenecked us so hard. It was great fun.

Had some pretty fun experiences in AV lately though, lengthy and intense fights on the bridge leading to the Alliance base.
    But yeah it could be fun if some of the functionality of the map were modernized and emphasis was put on the different objectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played IoC recently (not AV) and was surprised how much better it is now. Good job so far (if only turrets at base need to be toned down a little bit regarding their damage on players). I wonder why it took them so many years to make these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Played IoC recently (not AV) and was surprised how much better it is now. Good job so far (if only turrets at base need to be toned down a little bit regarding their damage on players). I wonder why it took them so many years to make these changes.
    they upped the damage against players from all siege units and cannons. It makes sense, those attacks should do immense damage to players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    they upped the damage against players from all siege units and cannons. It makes sense, those attacks should do immense damage to players.
    Blizz Devs have stated they are going to reduce the cannon damage on the Demos and seige equip, but leave the player damage alone. Also to prevent teams playing Turtle in the keeps the gates will be worth 50 reenforcements to encourage defense.

Demos and seige Engines are so weak atm that Tauren Farts have destroyed several. The workshop atm is utter trash. Demo damage to players was already hotfixed.

AV may see minor changes to balance the Alliance now getting steamrolled. Also changes to encourage more of the old summons and upgrading of guards player have been asking for.
    Last edited by mmocd11c3b1cf8; 2018-07-31 at 05:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Epic AV's was the best thing about pirate Vanilla servers. Unbeatable in terms of fun
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.