Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

I've been robbed by Blizzard for over $250

I had $250 in my bnet balance. Now I don't.

So a incident happened where I was selling normal Anotrus and the buyer purchased a boost thinking it was mythic. He paid and I used some of that gold to buy a wow token and convert it to bnet balance. Well that player who was misinformed and reported us for scamming and my main wow account has been suspended for 3 months 2 others suspended for 3 days and all $250 of my bnet balance is gone and my BFA pre purchase on all 3 of my accounts along with my 110 boost have been revoked. Out of that 250 dollars, half of it was purchased with my own credit card.

DO NOT put money into you bnet balance because Blizzard apparently has every right to seize all of it at any given time.

Deleted
    Ahahahah I really hope that was you in that other thread and that you're not trolling.

Serves you right if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Ahahahah I really hope that was you in that other thread and that you're not trolling.

it was him i remember the avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    So a incident happened where I was selling normal Anotrus and the buyer purchased a boost thinking it was mythic.
    I thought you said you were asking for a friend?

You charged 1.6mil (or something like that) for the Antorus run, OFC they thought it was mythic, it was a complete scam, don't try and worm out of it lol.

Scamming someone out of 1.6mil might seem like nothing, it's just wow gold right? but now that that's connect to irl money, you just scammed someone out of over $100. What do you expect?

I'm sure you could put in a ticket and sort out some of the money gained via your card (if any, i'm sure you're likely lying a lot on your post)
    And I highly doubt they revoked your BFA purchases, hard to believe.

TL;DR Deserved. Don't scam people out of over $100 and expect to not get screwed by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post

I hope so too x'D

OP, try open a ticket to see if you can get the balance that was paid with your credit card back. Also stop selling boosts for normal, people want heroic or mythic, normal is easy enough.
    MSI GTX 970 - MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz - 32GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz - 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB WD HDD

Serves you right.

Blizzard investigates claims of scamming and get it right probably 99% of the time. After all, they have a wealth of resources to pull and look through to determine if scamming took place. If you were scamming, and you probably were, then I don't see a problem here.

So you scammed someone out of 1.6m by offering 'antorus' and maybe mentioning mythic something else somewhere in the title?

I mean yeah, that's fully deserved. Maybe you should be more careful with letting blizzard hold your money while you try to scam others. As you mentioned in the other thread you didn't specify difficulty, and as others said it was stupid of them not to clarify - but you were still intentionally misleading them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reading this thread made me happy inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you got paid and almost immediately dumped to Bnet Balance basically screams you had intent to scam. You just hoped that laundering the money a bit would make it hard to get. Sorry not sorry. Enjoy your ban, and maybe next time think about the implications of your scams. Evidently, Blizzard found enough intent. No one is going to pay 1.6 mil for Normal or Heroic Antorus, those difficulties can be pugged.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I thought you said you were asking for a friend?

You charged 1.6mil (or something like that) for the Antorus run, OFC they thought it was mythic, it was a complete scam, don't try and worm out of it lol.

Scamming someone out of 1.6mil might seem like nothing, it's just wow gold right? but now that that's connect to irl money, you just scammed someone out of over $100. What do you expect?

I'm sure you could put in a ticket and sort out some of the money gained via your card (if any, i'm sure you're likely lying a lot on your post)
    And I highly doubt they revoked your BFA purchases, hard to believe.

TL;DR Deserved. Don't scam people out of over $100 and expect to not get screwed by it.

Why would anyone even use Bnet Balance to begin with? It's just your own money that you can't use for anything except Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tricks people into paying money, people find out they were scammed, people report to the police. Police take your money.
    "POLICE STOLE MY MONEY", you yell.
    No sir, don't steal.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Why would anyone even use Bnet Balance to begin with? It's just your own money that you can't use for anything except Blizzard.
    Short term to pay for character services or games or whatever with WoW gold it's fine.

Good considering your last thread. 1.6m for a normal run? Paid boosts are a fucking scourge on WoW.

Blizz forums have a handful of threads of people complaining about their balance being revoked - all tied to disruptive gameplay, which is their usual term for scamming. Glad to see they're cleaning up a bit!

Next headline: "Court robbed me of $5,000! All I did was sell snake oil and the Brooklyn Bridge, but now my money is GONE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post

There is justice in the world after all.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."