Page 1 of 35
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Argument over handicap spot turns deadly

CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) - An argument about a handicapped parking space led to a deadly shooting outside a Clearwater convenience store Thursday that was witnessed by the deceased man's 5-year-old son.

No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting. Detectives are investigating to determine if the case meets the criteria of Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office detectives say 24-year-old Britany Jacobs was driving her 2016 Chrysler 2000 when she pulled into the Circle A Food Store located at 1201 Sunset Point Road, and parked in a handicapped parking space outside the business.

Jacob’s boyfriend, 28-year-old Markeis McGlockton, and their 5-year-old son Markeis McGlockton Jr., got out of Jacob’s car and went into the convenience store.

Video from inside the store shows the two walking around and then paying for their items.

Detectives say Jacobs was waiting outside in the parking lot when she was approached by 47-year-old Michael Drejka. Drejka and Jacobs got into an argument about Jacobs parking in a handicapped parking space.

A witness saw Drejka and Jacobs arguing before walking into the store. While inside the convenient store, the witness alerted the clerk of the argument occurring in the parking lot.

According to witnesses, McGlockton left the store and walked over to Drejka who was still arguing with Jacobs in the parking lot. Video shows McGlockton forcibly pushed Drejka causing Drejka to fall to the ground.

Video then shows Drejka on the ground. He took out a handgun and fired one single round at McGlockton striking him in the chest.

Those who saw the video do not believe this is a case of Stand Your Ground.

Richard Kelly is a regular at the store and says he was approached once by Drejka for the same reason.

"He basically threatened to shoot me that day, too," says Kelly.

Witnesses say McGlockton walked back into the convenient store where he collapsed. Several witnesses called 911 as the incident unfolded.

When deputies arrived, Drejka was cooperative with deputies. Drejka told deputies he placed his firearm in his Toyota 4-Runner prior to their arrival.

Paramedics responded and transported McGlockton to Morton Plant Hospital for life-threatening injuries.

Deputies transported Drejka to the North District Station located at 2496 Bayshore Boulevard in Dunedin, so he could be interviewed by detectives.

Deputies took possession of Drejka’s handgun. Drejka was in possession of a valid Florida concealed weapons license.

Detectives say McGlockton was pronounced deceased at Morton Plant Hospital at about 4:04 p.m. on Thursday, July 19, 2018.

Detectives obtained surveillance video of the shooting from the convenient store and interviewed multiple witnesses who were at the scene.

This is an ongoing investigation pending the applicability to the “Stand Your Ground” law and Drejka’s immunity to arrest.
    https://www.wishtv.com/national/stan...ing/1312766959

A couple stops at a convenience store store for whatever. They chose to park in a handicap spot, inconsiderate but not uncommon a gas stations of they aren't busy.

The man/boyfriend runs into the store real quick. While he is instead another man approaches his girlfriend and son and starts arguing about the spot. The boyfriend comes out, sees the argument and pushes the other guy. The man on the floor pulls his gun. The boyfriend backs up, the man with the gun opens fire, landing a fatal shot.

Im not going to link the video because it's graphic but in it you the fighting had ceased (if you can even call it that) and the man who got shot had yielded to the shooter.

I know what the law says so the man isn't going to be charged but what does the court of public opinion think?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Being shoved doesn't warrant being shot at. Plus the shooter'a previous threats of simular argument with another regular in the past, this unhinged provoker needs to be jailed for 2nd degree murder.

Black folks and white trash around here always park in the goddamn handicap spot or right up against the front door, they know that saying anything to them is a hate crime so they abuse that racism that works in their favor

people SHOULD be scolded for using handicapped parking spots when they're not handicapped

of course this walking stereotype pulls his sagging pants up, pushes down a 50 year old and bucks up like he wants to throw down, and got shot

if i'm the judge, i'm suspending his concealed carry permit for 6 months, forcing him to take some type of sensitivity training and letting it go at that, he WAS attacked from the onset because the black family didn't wanna listen to someone tell them what their mama and daddy should have taught them growing up. it wasn't ok to push that guy and those are criminal charges right there

you can't act like a fucking stereotype if you don't wanna become a statistic.
    Last edited by sopeonaroap; 2018-07-20 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    Black folks around here always park in the goddamn handicap spot or right up against the front door, they know that saying anything to them is a hate crime so they abuse that racism that works in their favor

people SHOULD be scolded for using handicapped parking spots when they're not handicapped

of course this walking stereotype pulls his sagging pants up, pushes down a 50 year old and bucks up like he wants to throw down, and got shot

if i'm the judge, i'm suspending his concealed carry permit for 6 months, forcing him to take some type of sensitivity training and letting it go at that, he WAS attacked from the onset because the black family didn't wanna listen to someone tell them what their mama and daddy should have taught them growing up. it wasn't ok to push that guy and those are criminal charges right there

So, you are fine with it, because the guy is black?

Interesting.

The man isn't going to be charged? Seriously? He's a murderer, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Being shoved doesn't warrant being shot at. Plus the shooter'a previous threats of simular argument with another regular in the past, this unhinged provoker needs to be jailed for 2nd degree murder.
    pushing down a 50 year old handicapped person can easily be considered aggravated battery, which is a felony with serious prison time. in this case it could have been considered a misdemeanor, but he didn't push him down and walk away, he pushed him down and stood his ground, that isn't something a jury sees as a defensive shove and is a big deal

he was angry the guy was arguing with his wife, he didn't come in and start arguing, he came in to fight and that also makes a difference

since this guy was middle-aged and handicapped, there's a good chance this could end up as a felony in florida court, it wasn't just a shove

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you are fine with it, because the guy is black?

Interesting.
    sure, if that's what you wanna get out of it. i'm not one of those folks who cries when someone calls me a racist. the only racist laws left in america benefit brown people, you know, like 100% of affirmative action, SAT bonuses for non-whites or asians, etc, the black farmers who get the federal aid + aid only black farmers qualify for, etc

you know, racist shit that you folks pretend isn't racist

truly colorblind laws don't get the results certain types of people want, which is why no special interest group is asking for equality, they want to be on top of the majority and it's just never going to happen
    Last edited by sopeonaroap; 2018-07-20 at 09:25 PM.

pushing down a 50 year old handicapped person can easily be considered aggravated battery, which is a felony with serious prison time. in this case it would probably be a misdemeanor, but he didn't push him down and walk away, he pushed him down and stood his ground, that isn't something a jury sees as a defensive shove and is a big deal

he was angry the guy was arguing with his wife, he didn't come in and start arguing, he came in to fight and that also makes a difference

since this guy was middle-aged and handicapped, there's a good chance this could end up as a felony in florida court, it wasn't just a shove

- - - Updated - - -

sure, if that's what you wanna get out of it. i'm not one of those folks who cries when someone calls me a racist. the only racist laws left in america benefit brown people, you know, like 100% of affirmative action, SAT bonuses for non-whites or asians, etc, the black farmers who get the federal aid + aid only black farmers qualify for, etc

you know, racist shit that you folks pretend isn't racist
    You are the one who decided to bring it up first, it seemed very important to you.

As for me, I oppose affirmative action, including the Electoral College. Consistency is wonderful.

Black folks and white trash around here always park in the goddamn handicap spot or right up against the front door, they know that saying anything to them is a hate crime so they abuse that racism that works in their favor

You seem like a very stable individual who doesn't have any issues with black people at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    pushing down a 50 year old handicapped person can easily be considered aggravated battery, which is a felony with serious prison time. in this case it would probably be a misdemeanor, but he didn't push him down and walk away, he pushed him down and stood his ground, that isn't something a jury sees as a defensive shove and is a big deal

The man saw some random dude arguing at his wife and child and only shoved him away from the car. I can't name too many men who wouldn't do the same walking into a similar situation.

Had he not been shot the most he would have gotten was a court date depending on prior convictions.

All because one guy felt like he needed to police the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    You seem like a very stable individual who doesn't have any issues with black people at all.
    This reminds me of Cliven Bundy:

"Let me tell you what I know about the negro..."

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The man isn't going to be charged? Seriously? He's a murderer, IMO.
    Pending “Stand Your Ground” law investigation, it doesn't mean he wont be charged just yet.

if being pushed is a good reason for being shot and killed, this explains all the school shootings, think of all the kids that pushed you, you now have a reason to shoot all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    i got issues with black people and how they aren't held to the same standard of society that the rest of us are. stereotypes are based on facts and criminal statistics in the USA say we got a problem and it's not the average white person, it's poor people or more specifically, poor black people and latinos.

there's a cultural problem in poor black communities that makes sure they all stay at the bottom while blaming everyone else, but when Jamal gets good grades and gets into college and goes to work for NASA, it's not white folks trying to drag him back down, it's other black people. Cornbread Nigga and Uncle Tom aren't phrases used by whites to describe anyone, those are black-specific slurs from black people toward black people

It's fucked up. Grown ass motherfuckers shouldn't be trying to peer pressure old friends into NOT having a good, stable life.

Fix the problems and you'll see results, keep blaming the majority for everything and you'll see the nothing you see right now

The 3 most important letters in the article are "Fla." The guy won't spend a day in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Pending “Stand Your Ground” law investigation, it doesn't mean he wont be charged just yet.
    Its very similar to other cases that have happened in FL. Charges are unlikely.

So he was upset about black people parking in a handicapped spot.

Where's @adam86shadow?

Another thing black people do that pisses people off is cut in line. Some black people not all, I've had black people apologize to me for other black people cutting in line, I told them no worries.

I wish he wouldn't have shot that man, I wish they wouldn't park in a handicapped spot unless they were allowed to.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The man saw some random dude arguing at his wife and child and only shoved him away from the car. I can't name too many men who wouldn't do the same walking into a similar situation.

Had he not been shot the most he would have gotten was a court date depending on prior convictions.

All because one guy felt like he needed to police the parking lot.
    all because stereotypes do stereotypical things

it's 100% possible to go through life and never park in a handicapped spot you don't deserve. some of us don't have issues with basic civility and some of us do. this guy had every right to interject himself into the argument that was NOTHING more than yelling back and forth. You know any black women who CAN'T and WON'T hold their own in a war of words? I don't, that's something you don't do is argue with a black lady. This guy wasn't making the situation better, he was attacked a guy and brought fists to a gunfight and lost.

That's florida, if you wanna be a badass, you better be THE badass in the situation or it's best to fuck right off.

he could have told her to get in the car and let's go and that's it, but like i said above, nobody gonna get a pissed off black lady to willingly do anything she doesn't wanna do in florida.

he flexed on a guy and lost, simple as that

10+ Year Old Account
    i got issues with black people and how they aren't held to the same standard of society that the rest of us are. stereotypes are based on facts and criminal statistics in the USA say we got a problem and it's not the average white person, it's poor people or more specifically, poor black people and latinos.

there's a cultural problem in poor black communities that makes sure they all stay at the bottom while blaming everyone else, but when Jamal gets good grades and gets into college and goes to work for NASA, it's not white folks trying to drag him back down, it's other black people. Cornbread Nigga and Uncle Tom aren't phrases used by whites to describe anyone, those are black-specific slurs from black people toward black people

It's fucked up. Grown ass motherfuckers shouldn't be trying to peer pressure old friends into NOT having a good, stable life.

Fix the problems and you'll see results, keep blaming the majority for everything and you'll see the nothing you see right now
    There's an called Talkspace where you can talk to a therapist and relieve some of that angst.

Put in a google search for the video, first thing that came up was "Black Father Gunned Down By WS In Florida For Defending His Girlfriend" lol.
    Anyway, video shows a guy talking to the woman, then being assaulted, then shooting the assaultee. If he broke the law, he will answer for it, if he didn't, he won't.
    Isn't that how law is supposed to work?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There's an called Talkspace where you can talk to a therapist and relieve some of that angst.
    And have someone who lives in a gated whites-only community tell me how we're all equal no matter what? come on, even you're not that stupid

we are what we are, and some of us make the world a shittier place for the rest of us.