Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    We shall see how this turns out in trial. Having him there for the juries to see and hear, in describing his personal fear for his life will make the difference. Not necessarily the video. He will ether be believable or not to them.
    Declaration of "I feared for my life" is a simple as just uttering the words if FL. No questions asked, it just needs to be on an official document. Coming from personal experience after getting into a physical altercation because apparently just claiming self defense isn't enough.

That fact that FL defense laws are so backwards is why SYG in FL gets so much flak.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

One thing for sure, death is the greatest handicap
    seems McGlockton is now an honest man.

Dead, but honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you are fine with it, because the guy is black?

Interesting.
    You're responding to a fine, upstanding person with good moral values. We should all be more like him.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It was MY point - it wasn't yours. The racism is deep - but it's really coming from your assumption side, rather from my factual side. But whatever floats your boat.

No - but I love that you just assume I'm assuming, without even asking why. Keep in mind, you never asked me to clarify my point - you called racism from the get go, which is typical of small minded posters. Next time why not just try "hey, what did you mean by that?" - instead of, "wow, I am totally going to assume I understand your entire point, and, oh, btw, you're racist".

Tribe? Really? Speaking of racists . . . .

What I am saying is that a high profile case like this, where a white guy shoots and kills an unarmed black guy, will not only make the news, but will follow him to prison if he's convicted and incarcerated - which has happened in the past - the celebrity of the event follows the convicted to jail. In which case his noteriety will be noticed, and possibly acted upon.

Don't assume, because it really ends up making an ass out of you, with me pointing it out. Just ask next time - I'm always happy to explain my points.
    Its too late to move the goal posts, you already assumed that this guy would be attacked by black people because he is white and killed a black guy. Pure and simple racism. If you don't want to admit it that's fine.
    I made no mistakes stating your intent. Whether you realize it or not you are just buying into a perpetuated myth about race and prison culture,instead of just recognizing that this guy going to prison is no different than any other guy going to prison, race doesn't play a role.

10+ Year Old Account
    We shall see how this turns out in trial. Having him there for the juries to see and hear, in describing his personal fear for his life will make the difference. Not necessarily the video. He will ether be believable or not to them.
    "I FEEERED FUR MY LYFE so much that I grabbed my gun and walked over to accost that woman in the car."

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    You better not ever make anyone mad then.
    Indeed, I might get crazy and pull a gun on them.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not sure if being sarcastic or oblivious.
    Little bit of both. I do love when they project their insecurity about inanimate objects onto everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Indeed, I might get crazy and pull a gun on them.
    Projecting your insecurity about inanimate objects onto everyone else are ya?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I'm not afraid of guns, I'm just curious about people finding one crime to be a justification for another, much worse crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sane people are generally somewhat concerned about belligerent people with lethal ranged weapons.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Declaration of "I feared for my life" is a simple as just uttering the words if FL. No questions asked, it just needs to be on an official document. Coming from personal experience after getting into a physical altercation because apparently just claiming self defense isn't enough.

That fact that FL defense laws are so backwards is why SYG in FL gets so much flak.
    He will be asked questions from the prosecuting attorney I am sure. And in jury cases, it really does make a difference how convincing you are on the stand. I see this case going ether way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    "I FEEERED FUR MY LYFE so much that I grabbed my gun and walked over to accost that woman in the car."
    That never happened from the video I watched. He was arguing with her and she was doing the same back at him. From her own testimony that I read, they mainly were arguing about her parking in the handicap spot. He never threatened her from her own testimony.

It was a stupid thing for him to do from the beginning. And it was stupid for the victim to assault the shooter. Now it will be up to a jury if he was justified to use deadly force. Like I have posted before, I would think myself in that situation ( first off I would never argue over a damn parking spot ), I would have pulled the firearm and told him to back away or I would use it if he came at me again.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I wonder what his defense will be in court. Then I wonder what mental gymnastics people will do to defend him.
    Getting shoved to the ground by a much younger and stronger attacker is his defense. The charges are entirely political. He was an ass for arguing with the woman but the dead guy had zero rights to lay his hands on him. He paid the price for illegllly assaulting someone over words.

His past behaviors are irrelevant as well. Put your hands on someone else at your own risk.

- - - Updated - - -

He will be asked questions from the prosecuting attorney I am sure. And in jury cases, it really does make a difference how convincing you are on the stand. I see this case going ether way.

- - - Updated - - -

That never happened from the video I watched. He was arguing with her and she was doing the same back at him. From her own testimony that I read, they mainly were arguing about her parking in the handicap spot. He never threatened her from her own testimony.

It was a stupid thing for him to do from the beginning. And it was stupid for the victim to assault the shooter. Now it will be up to a jury if he was justified to use deadly force. Like I have posted before, I would think myself in that situation ( first off I would never argue over a damn parking spot ), I would have pulled the firearm and told him to back away or I would use it if he came at me again.
    The gun stays holstered unless you intend to use it. Using it to threaten will get you charged with a variety of crimes in every state. Concealed carry holders are not cops. We draw our weapons when it is the only option to shoot to stop the threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    It's unfortunate he was charged with any crime. That sack of shit deserved to get shot.
    The old dude? Yes, he absolutely should get charged, he escalated everything needlessly, just because he had his penis extension with him.

Deleted
    I thought I saw the geezer did the shooting had previously harrassed people for 'parking in his spot'.

'Drejka also reportedly has a history of confronting people over handicap spaces, allegedly threatening to shoot a trucker in the past over the issue.'

The fella wanted to kill someone to be a big man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Getting shoved to the ground by a much younger and stronger attacker is his defense. The charges are entirely political. He was an ass for arguing with the woman but the dead guy had zero rights to lay his hands on him. He paid the price for illegllly assaulting someone over words.

His past behaviors are irrelevant as well. Put your hands on someone else at your own risk.
    A shove, does not mean your life is in danger. The old man deserves to be removed from society for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    No, the guy that actually got killed deserved what he got. Trash person and ex-con taking up a handicapped spot, trash person and ex-con assaulting an older crippled man that posed absolutely no threat, trash person and ex-con can be seen attempting to continue the attack until the gun was drawn, trash person and ex-con got shot and killed. Good, but unfortunate that the old guy will be persecuted for no reason.
    The old guy fucking started it, how is it the supposed "ex-con's" fault that the old man stuck his nose in someone else's business? Then proceeded to harass the ex-con? Not surprising that you are defending the more than likely, racist old man.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The gun stays holstered unless you intend to use it. Using it to threaten will get you charged with a variety of crimes in every state. Concealed carry holders are not cops. We draw our weapons when it is the only option to shoot to stop the threat.
    That is generally true. But under those circumstances, him at a dangerous disadvantage being on the ground, at least have your hand on your firearm. But even if he had pulled it and not shot the guy, I do not think he would have been charged with anything considering he had already been assaulted. Nothing says you have to shoot just because you pull your firearm out. Prosecutors will look at the circumstances before they charge you for something.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

He paid the price for illegllly assaulting someone over words.

It begins... Being pushed doesn't give you the authority to kill.

So you're ok with taking an ass whipping from a younger and stronger person. You better not ever make anyone mad then.

- - - Updated - - -

ZOMG That man is arguing with the woman!

No dumbass that's murder. Nice try though...better luck next time.
    Felt threatened, stand your ground law.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone say the shooter is an old guy, he is 47. And this wasn't his first issue, there were three police reports filed Drejka for road rage and gun threats prior to this. This guy was looking for an excuse to shoot.

Glad to see that a murderer got charged with murder
    I've no idea what to write here.