Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    it seems like it's just a cheap and easy way to rehash content and not introduce new dungeons. It's not new content at all it's just doing the same thing over and over, same thing with world quests, it's the quests you already did through the story rehashed.
    For moment there I thought you were talking about raiding.

The same reason people play pve: to brag about their perfomance, in front of other like minded individuals.

Similar to why people play pvp: to assert dominance over others.

It's all about the size of the penis
    Some people actually enjoy difficult content, content that forces you to dig deep into what you can do with the game and brings forth creative solutions to the difficulties each dungeon presents as the keys get higher. Some people are braggarts and will shove this into other people's faces, but that is just an asshole being an asshole and has nothing to do with why people enjoy the content.

Imagine being so deep into in the marxist worldview that you literally cannot see other aspects of life than power.
    I don't think Marxism has anything to do with this comment... I just think the person posting simply has animosity towards more hardcore players for any number of reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its repeatable fun 5-man content I can do with multiple groups of friends/strangers that gets progressively harder and rewards in kind. Its the kind of content I wanted in the game when long and hard 5-mans with save points was mentioned back near the end of TBC.

I've enjoyed dungeon grinding..... but I despise Mythic +

Deleted
    it seems like it's just a cheap and easy way to rehash content and not introduce new dungeons. It's not new content at all it's just doing the same thing over and over, same thing with world quests, it's the quests you already did through the story rehashed.
    Mythic plus is the reason they are introducing new dungeons, not the other way around. If you recall back in Cataclysm, which was the last time until Legion where they introduced new dungeons, they saw it as very problematic that ZG and ZA immediately replaced all the rest of the dungeons in terms of relevance. In both MoP and WoD the dungeons became pointless immediately outside of challenge mode which didn't reward any gear and also scaled you down, so it wasn't nearly as popular as m+ and is also why we didn't see any new dungeons added.

M+ keeps dungeons relevant, difficult and rewarding through the entirety of the expansion. It allows you to truly challenge yourself with a small group of friends and push yourselves to your limit, something raids doesn't come close to doing ever since they removed 10 man mythic. To me it's also a hell of a lot more fun than raiding as your entire toolkit becomes relevant. In raids damage is almost always the only thing that matters which is really boring.

As a tank, m+ is also a lot more fun because there is a lot more to do and a lot more going on, there are even more mechanics to deal with in dungeons than raids as the mechanics target everyone, not just ranged dps. Taunting at X stacks which seems to be the only thing Blizzard can think of for tanks in raids these days have gotten real old at this point.

Mythic raiding really isn't worth all the hassle required to make it work. Having to have a roster of 20+ people who actually show up and stay for the duration, having to constantly recruit new people as there are always those who move on or grow tired of mythic, along with it really not being nearly as social and fun as m+ as well as the risk for a lot more drama in regards to loot/raid spots etc. I'm never touching mythic raids ever again, m+ is the only challenging content I'm interested in from here on out.

I really don't know. But I don't like timed content, race and time pressure. For me m+ should be more focused on tactical planing.

Some people like competition, some like a challenge, other like to impress, also some like to become better and better in something...
    and then there's that guy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    The same reason people play pve: to brag about their perfomance, in front of other like minded individuals.

Similar to why people play pvp: to assert dominance over others.

It's all about the size of the penis.
    (no hard feeling, that's just a joke)

Because i like doing dungeons more than raids.They are more enjoyable to me.It is nice to push for rating also.This aspect makes PvE more similar to PvP now.This is something it lacked before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    On the absolute cutting edge of mythic+ pushing you see interesting and outside the box strategies, so there's at least meager depth to it but for the average "good" WoW player, Mythic+ is basically 'if you can do the dungeon on mythic0 and not mess anything up, then you can do it on mythic20', and that's really not that fun in the grand scheme of things.

I enjoyed them but I wish Blizzard would put more effort into them. It'd be neat to see the bosses, or even the dungeon itself, change once you hit certain thresholds. It could be dynamic across dungeons, too, so not every mythic15 means every boss gains a new ability or whatever. Mythic12 of XXXX dungeon means that XXXX boss has a new mechanic, whereas mythic18 of XXXX dungeon means the dungeon now has a whole new trash encounter or something. I'm just asspulling random ideas, but my main point is that I'd like to see the concept of Mythic+ fleshed out a little bit further.
    I think affixes are a much better way to keep the dungeons fresh rather than adding entire new mechanics to bosses at certain thresholds. The affixes already change how you approach various dungeons, and make some of them a lot more difficult. I really disagree with the notion that just because you can handle mythic0 you can handle mythic 20, or higher keys in general, because the damage in mythic0 doesn't tend to be enough for many of the mechanics to be a threat which is why most people who step into higher m+ keys fail and keep dying even though they are used to heroic/mythic raids, they haven't actually bothered to learn the mechanics of the trash or even some bosses because it was never necessary.

The number of times I've brought in people from the guild who normally only raid into a 20+ key or higher and they end up dying and ask what they died to is just ridiculous. So many of them can't even survive the second boss Scythe in Maw of Souls because they are so focused on their rotation that they don't see it coming in time, even with a weakaura that screams at them to move. The number of people who don't know how to interrupt, because it's not necessary in raids or mythic0, is also palpable... It wasn't until they buffed the legendary ring where some of them would start using it without me asking. On the whole, high m+ keys is a completely different world from mythic0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    I really don't know. But I don't like timed content, race and time pressure. For me m+ should be more focused on tactical planing.
    I thought the same as you before I got into m+. The timers are actually generally speaking very kind and do allow for some failure to occur. It also promotes tactical planning in terms of where you go, what you pull and how you pull it (will be even more important in BfA with the threat and stun changes so the tank can't kite them quite as easily). You can think of the timer similarly to a an enrage timer on a boss, for as long as you don't screw up too much or try to use cheese tactics like waiting for bloodlust between every pull or bring more healers than necessary, it shouldn't even be a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine Wren View Post
    I think affixes are a much better way to keep the dungeons fresh rather than adding entire new mechanics to bosses at certain thresholds.
    Affixes are static, though, and a lot of them aren't even particularly interesting. They could do more for affixes, sure, and that'd be another route I'd like to see them go down. It'd be cool if we kept getting new affixes throughout the expansion, instead of Week 30 being yet another combination of tired old affixes we all know how to deal with.

I really disagree with the notion that just because you can handle mythic0 you can handle mythic 20, or higher keys in general, because the damage in mythic0 doesn't tend to be enough for many of the mechanics to be a threat which is why most people who step into higher m+ keys fail and keep dying even though they are used to heroic/mythic raids, they haven't actually bothered to learn the mechanics of the trash or even some bosses because it was never necessary.
    You literally can not disagree with my notion lol. First of all, my notion was not that "if you can do mythic0 that means you can do mythic20", I said that if you can do a perfect mythic0 you can essentially do a perfect mythic20 because nothing changes (this assumes you don't make mistakes, of course). If you don't know how to do a perfect mythic0 then yes, obviously, you will have problems in a mythic20.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It keeps the dungeons relevant long after you would normally out gear them.. Mythic+ has no real limit, the higher you go the more challenge there is the better the rewards at the end of it are..

Deleted
    Why do people like playing Fifa over and over, it's the same green rectangular map with the same mobs over and over......

Wow is almost entirely repetition. Some you like some you don't. Look at why you repeat something and enjoy it, and you have your answer why others do that thing you don't like. All Blizzard has to do is stick some kind of reward on it and they have interest.

The Fifa argument is one I like to use with my friend who wonders why I play Diablo over and over despite finishing the campaign years ago.

Deleted
    it seems like it's just a cheap and easy way to rehash content and not introduce new dungeons.
    Yet the introduction of M+ saw the support of post-launch dungeons for the first time since Cataclysm.

Please use your brain next time you attempt to be edgy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I actually agree somewhat with the OP's sentiments. Mythic+ is enjoyable but I don't find it a replacement (or a good replacement, at least) for a raid or new dungeon. There's almost no mechanics in a 5 man dungeon, so that means a lot of Mythic+'s difficulty relies on making it artificially difficult, i.e., numbers are so high that stuff becomes one-shot mechanics and you have to have a shitload of dps.

On the absolute cutting edge of mythic+ pushing you see interesting and outside the box strategies, so there's at least meager depth to it but for the average "good" WoW player, Mythic+ is basically 'if you can do the dungeon on mythic0 and not mess anything up, then you can do it on mythic20', and that's really not that fun in the grand scheme of things.

I enjoyed them but I wish Blizzard would put more effort into them. It'd be neat to see the bosses, or even the dungeon itself, change once you hit certain thresholds. It could be dynamic across dungeons, too, so not every mythic15 means every boss gains a new ability or whatever. Mythic12 of XXXX dungeon means that XXXX boss has a new mechanic, whereas mythic18 of XXXX dungeon means the dungeon now has a whole new trash encounter or something. I'm just asspulling random ideas, but my main point is that I'd like to see the concept of Mythic+ fleshed out a little bit further.
    From what I can gather that will sort of happen with the new island expeditions where each time you go in it is different.. Now doing that in M+ mode could get very interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    It keeps the dungeons relevant long after you would normally out gear them.. Mythic+ has no real limit, the higher you go the more challenge there is the better the rewards at the end of it are..
    The issue is that you eventually hit a point where the only limit is how fast you can DPS, which isn't that exciting. After a certain threshold you pass the "everything is a one shot mechanic" and from there on it's just how much DPS you can burst out. When people are racing each other they do creative and interesting things, but aside from top tier racing, mythic+'s difficulty is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It seems to be for the people who just pushed mythic +30. Same as for the Diablo Rifts...is it a 128 GR that has been soloed now (if I read the leaderboard right?)

But is it the same? In earlier x-pacs you literally grinded them...in TBC for example on normal for reputation to get the key to heroic. In later x-pacs you outgeared them so much (and / or they were arguably easier from the start) that your group just steamrolled them for the daily reward. (more so in WotLK, less so in Cata)

You can still do that in Legion. Mythic+ is its own beast in my book.
    I dislike M+ for the same reason I disliked challenge modes, the timer pushes players towards a Meta. In a game that has 12 classes and 36 specs, it's poor design (IMHO) to do this in 5 man content. It's almost as if PvE is repeating the mistakes made years before in PvP. Remember what PvP was like before RBG's and Arena was the only "rated" content? FOTM re-rolling was common place.

It's going to be the same in BFA.

Outside of raiding, WOW is become a MOBA. Self sufficient tanks (for example) will once again rule Mythic +

It's also killed Dungeons outside of M+. Normal is completely pointless, Heroic would be pointless if not for the daily, and Mythic, which replaces the old Heroic model, cant be queued and only gives loot once per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you would rather have the Cataclysm system, where as soon as a new dungeon gets introduced all old ones become obsolete. So instead of having 8 old + 2 new dungeons, so 10 dungeons worth of content, you would rather only have the 2 new dungeons, because they are new.

People complained back in Cata when they "had to farm" the 2 troll heroics, because they dropped better gear (I think 353 vs 346 or something similar - it was still lower than raid loot). They burned out fast because "they only had 2 dungeon". Mythic+ is vastly superior, especially since dungeons can stay relevant the whole expansion and not become either completely obsolete after the first of raiding (see MoP or WoD prior to Mythic difficulty) or, as said before, new ones get introduced with better loot and "you are forced" to only run the new ones. With Mythic+ there is a reason to invest in more dungeons over the course of an expansion, because you know players will play them even 1-2 patches later.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Has no lockout
    - It has new set of affixes every week
    - doesn't take much time to finish one unlike raids
    - 5man groups are easier to make. You could even do it with a group of friends
    - Weekly chest loot is nice
    You could min max your class with switching gear which is no longer the case.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I don't like mythic plus as much as say tbc and prenerf cata heroics but at the high end you learn to be happy with the bones they throw ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    - Has no lockout
    - It has new set of affixes every week
    - doesn't take much time to finish one unlike raids
    - 5man groups are easier to make. You could even do it with a group of friends
    - Weekly chest loot is nice
    You could min max your class with switching gear which is no longer the case.
    All of the above really.

Also, I'll be honest, I used to raid seriously during WotLK and Cataclysm (MoP a bit) and I just don't have the nerves or the time anymore to wipe on one boss like 350 times. Mythic+ is shorter, often more fun and overall just brings less stress (also I like doing stuff in a 5-man group).