Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What happened to Wrathion

I think it would have been great to have some Wrathion easter eggs throughout legion even if he wasn't part of the story seeing as he basically prepared us in Pandaria for their coming. I feel like blizzard wanted nothing to do with him and just dropped him from the story entirely in draenor.

he's in the chromie scenario which happens at 112 for us. so he's around.

as far as him being a big time story element, yeah that feature left with MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    He was about to appear in the original Highmountain storyline, as he was originally supposed to be ''Spiritwalker Ebonhorn'', but it was changed during the beta as it ''Made no sense that he'd become a trusted sage in such a short amount of time.''

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    He was about to appear in the original Highmountain storyline, as he was originally supposed to be ''Spiritwalker Ebonhorn'', but it was changed during the beta as it ''Made no sense that he'd become a trusted sage in such a short amount of time.''
    No, the problem was that the guy who wrote the questline literally forgot that Wrathion was only a few years old and that he couldn't possibly be an ancient black dragon.

Anyways, Wrathion was cut from WoD and had his role in Legion reduced. Whether he'll feature all that much in BfA remains to be seen, so I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather liked seeing him in whelp form in Zangar outpost during the legendary Draenor rings questline. It was so covert, blink and you miss it, kinda deal, but it was definitely like a.. "still here, still keeping an eye on you" kinda thing.

The entire Legion expansion was what he was predicting in MoP though, and what he was hoping to prevent or combat. Now that we've managed to deal with the Legion without his help, I'm left to wonder what his motivations are for doing anything.

Yknow, other than being "the last of the black dragons except oh wait all of these guys now".
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

He claimed Nefarian's lair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    he's in the chromie scenario which happens at 112 for us. so he's around.

as far as him being a big time story element, yeah that feature left with MoP
    Wait, he is? It has been a long time since I last done it, so I don't remember seeing him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    He claimed Nefarian's lair.
    Do you have a source on that, by any chance?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

He gave Anduin an egg to lay.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Do you have a source on that, by any chance?
    "The power of the mad king Dargrul is broken and Highmountain has you to thank, heroes. Now, there are other family matters that require my attention. Farewell, I hope when next we meet it is under more peaceful circumstances."

Is something he says at the end of NL.
    It implies that he may be talking to Wrathion, as who other could a black dragon call family now a days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

He's having a party with the other Warcraft characters Blizzard forgot about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    "The power of the mad king Dargrul is broken and Highmountain has you to thank, heroes. Now, there are other family matters that require my attention. Farewell, I hope when next we meet it is under more peaceful circumstances."

Is something he says at the end of NL.
    It implies that he may be talking to Wrathion, as who other could a black dragon call family now a days?
    Ahh right, thanks for the info
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I'm honestly kinda salty that he wasn't involved in Legion's storyline in a big way. Because that was his whole "thing", was "prevent Azeroth from big, potentially world-ending threats", and then, when an enormous titan literally STABS THE PLANET, Wrathion is just... what? Taking a nap, I guess?

I just... listen, I get it, you can't include every character all the time, because of development time and resources or everything, but it's just that Wrathion's whole deal is "defend Azeroth no matter what" and him taking a pass from the biggest demon invasion Azeroth has ever seen, just goes against his entire character, and ignores everything they built him up to be. Just based on WHO HE IS, he would have bent over backwards to help out, one would think.

Unless... /tinfoilhat ... his whole "defend Azeroth" schtick was horseshit the entire time, to mask a power grab for himself. His whole "help me defend Azeroth" thing could have been a gambit, like, the only way he could convince us to bring him tons of shit that makes him more powerful. So I mean, if he was lying the whole time and was only out for himself, then sure, that is a way that him sitting out the invasion makes sense.

Deleted
    They forgot about him. He was cut from WOD and from legion. and to my knowlege there is none of him so far in BFA. And to think that what he warned us about in MoP Was the legion invasion is just a joke that they cut him

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    They forgot about him. He was cut from WOD and from legion. and to my knowlege there is none of him so far in BFA. And to think that what he warned us about in MoP Was the legion invasion is just a joke that they cut him
    He was briefly seen in the alliance Embassy. (During beta I think, can't remember exactly where people stated he was seen, but he was.)
    They haven't forgotten about him, I just think they are not sure how to use him.

And some of his Blacktalon agents have been seen in Nelfarions Lair, which implies he is still very much active.
    Last edited by Benitora; 2018-07-24 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

During Alpha he was in the Alliance emissary hub which made people speculate that the Alliance and the Horde each got a black dragon each (Ebonhorn for Horde since he's allied with Highmountain) and also the whole "dragon humanoid allied race". He was removed and hasnt been seen since.

Weird though because Wrathion, Alex and Nor have been missing since Cata. Ysera is dead (or alive in the dream) and Kael is in Dalaran. I wish they bring the dragons back in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Blizzard kinda fucked him up, he was the one who most wanted to fight with the Legion(not counting Demon Hunters lol) and he got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    During Alpha he was in the Alliance emissary hub which made people speculate that the Alliance and the Horde each got a black dragon each (Ebonhorn for Horde since he's allied with Highmountain) and also the whole "dragon humanoid allied race". He was removed and hasnt been seen since.

Weird though because Wrathion, Alex and Nor have been missing since Cata. Ysera is dead (or alive in the dream) and Kael is in Dalaran. I wish they bring the dragons back in!
    Who the hells is Nor and Kael? Kael is dead.

In beta you can find a black dragon scale during island expeditions.
    Also his agents being present at Nefarian's throne room/Blackwind Decent entrance.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Blizzard kinda fucked him up, he was the one who most wanted to fight with the Legion(not counting Demon Hunters lol) and he got nothing.

Nozdormu and Kalecgos i assume
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

I'm guessing he means Nozdormu and Kalecgos.

He replaced captain Placeholder, ironicaly.