Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    No, I won't, I'm not an elf player.
    Nah, you're just a cringey Garithos fanboy.

Gonna go one step further and assume you've got an RP character with a Game of Thrones faceclaim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Nah, you're just a cringey Garithos fanboy.

Gonna go one step further and assume you've got an RP character with a Game of Thrones faceclaim.
    The first one is true, the second one isn't. I'm not really fond of Game of Thrones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like pretty much every other piece of popular fiction that involves Humans and other races...no matter what the Humans win...they're the most important...the most populated...the strongest...even if they're inferior they can overcome that and win.

Sad but true...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Just like pretty much every other piece of popular fiction that involves Humans and other races...no matter what the Humans win...they're the most important...the most populated...the strongest...even if they're inferior they can overcome that and win.

Sad but true...
    Wow humans have unique origin that helps explain why they are so powerful. Obviously the alliance is too human centric and that is really bad for fans of the other races, but these humans were literally titan forged from Azeroth's own earth then afflicted with an old god curse. Titan power + old god power = humans, dwarves, and gnomes. They aren't really inferior to other races, they are just different. Of course that doesn't mean other Alliance races should be tossed in the trash. But blizzard storytelling isn't exactly the epitome of good writing.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

It definitely feels like they hurt the Alliance narrative, even if they do have excuses and use other races, it still just removes niches that non-human organizations could have filled to offer more variety into the Alliance. What's the point in bringing a night elf rogue or a gnomish pilot if humans do it all the time, oh but its okay they have that 1 token dwarf in their team so its "multi-racial".

Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    What's the point in bringing a night elf rogue or a gnomish pilot if humans do it all the time, oh but its okay they have that 1 token dwarf in their team so its "multi-racial".
    Kinda works like all the other movies, TV shows and games with all the gender and race quota they have to meet to see daylight.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-07-29 at 03:48 AM.

I completely agree.
    Aside from that, look at Battle for Undercity cinematic. Human footmen are on the frontlines. It’s the most ridiculous strategy Anduin could come up with. Humans are one of the physically weakest of playable races, so vulnerable that it literally shocked Vol’jin when he went into a human’s memory and yet, here they are... Right on the frontlines. Instead of worgen, draenei or dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I completely agree.
    Aside from that, look at Battle for Undercity cinematic. Human footmen are on the frontlines. It’s the most ridiculous strategy Anduin could come up with. Humans are one of the physically weakest of playable races, so vulnerable that it literally shocked Vol’jin when he went into a human’s memory and yet, here they are... Right on the frontlines. Instead of worgen, draenei or dwarves.
    Honestly. Draenei and worgen numbers probably aren't so great to get fielded in very large numbers to act as tip of the spear for the entire alliance fighting force.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Honestly. Draenei and worgen numbers probably aren't so great to get fielded in very large numbers to act as tip of the spear for the entire alliance fighting force.
    And yet enough to be the main force of Alliance in Legion? Bullshit. How many orcs died in past years, but Blizzard pulls them out of nowhere and don’t give a shit.

And yet enough to be the main force of Alliance in Legion? Bullshit. How many orcs died in past years, but Blizzard pulls them out of nowhere and don’t give a shit.
    They weren't

the only Draenei action we saw was a ragtag bunch rushing in to see a decimated army and somehow Illidan, Velen and a bunch of order hall leaders managed to kick ass and take names.

Worgen stuff was the Gilnean Brigade under Genn when he was acting like a dumbass and they were playing second fiddle to the 7th Legion also acting in the region.

I would hardly call ANY of those efforts 'main' forces of the alliance. More like Main force of regional plot.

edit:
    also... the worgen and draenei are possibly the only other player races (besides rendorei) with the absolute lowest population counts.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-07-29 at 11:53 AM.

They weren't

the only Draenei action we saw was a ragtag bunch rushing in to see a decimated army and somehow Illidan, Velen and a bunch of order hall leaders managed to kick ass and take names.

Worgen stuff was the Gilnean Brigade under Genn when he was acting like a dumbass and they were playing second fiddle to the 7th Legion also acting in the region.

I would hardly call ANY of those efforts 'main' forces of the alliance. More like Main force of regional plot.

edit:
    also... the worgen and draenei are possibly the only other player races (besides rendorei) with the absolute lowest population counts.
    Once again, Blizzard has already made orcs out of thin air.

Once again, Blizzard has already made orcs out of thin air.
    well... more like out of a dark portal from a sundered world.

and soon to be from forced enslavement by light obsessed beings.

still a better start than the single kingdom hit by plague and decimated by feral worgen and blight

or the third of a faction who flew across the void to get harried for millenia and massacred at every planet they stopped on till they reached azeroth...

Hell, worgen and draenei are about on the level of Sindorei and the Bilgewater cartel for numbers

well... more like out of a dark portal from a sundered world.

and soon to be from forced enslavement by light obsessed beings.

still a better start than the single kingdom hit by plague and decimated by feral worgen and blight

or the third of a faction who flew across the void to get harried for millenia and massacred at every planet they stopped on till they reached azeroth...

Hell, worgen and draenei are about on the level of Sindorei and the Bilgewater cartel for numbers
    Main losses happened after the Dark Portal

Main losses happened after the Dark Portal
    same for all non-draenei (who got retconned into existence with their biggest losses happening before the original 'prequel' storyline)

same for all non-draenei (who got retconned into existence with their biggest losses happening before the original 'prequel' storyline)
    Yes..?
    I say that there are two races who could be used on frontlines better then humans.
    You say that these two races have too little in term of numbers.
    I say that Blizzard has been known to pull numbers out of nowhere and offer orcs as an example.
    You say that orcs have bigger numbers then worgens and draenei.
    But what does it have to do with anything..? We have no actual numbers and we have no idea in the slightest about how many people there are to each race. At this point it is all absolutely up to Blizzard, who has been known to pull numbers out of nowhere. Not only with orcs, but also most of the Horde. Look at Goblins of Bilgewater, who escaped on what, two ships..? They are everywhere!
    My point is, if Blizzard didn’t have a major human boner, both worgen and the draenei would have been better used on the frontlines of battle for Azeroth.

I completely agree.
    Technically, there was no need for any siege or breach scenario to begin with. The Vindicaar could've blown a hole into the wall(it blew a hole into Antorus itself) and it could've blown that Azerite warmachine sky-high. The draenei are the technologically most advanced playable race overall with no one coming even close, yet they bring wooden ballistae to the battle.

Blizzard write things with factions underusing their resources all the time, just to get their plot across, even if it makes little sense.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-07-29 at 01:34 PM.

I completely agree.
    I saw Bolvar fordragon shrug off a vrykul attack with a shield block and varian wrynn cut through an abyssal like butter. They're not the weakest race.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
    I saw Bolvar fordragon shrug off a vrykul attack with a shield block and varian wrynn cut through an abyssal like butter. They're not the weakest race.
    A paladin and a stupidly OP horrible character that was also an avatar of a Wild God. Read Shadows of the Horde, human there is not a special snowflake but still high in Alliance army ranks.

A paladin and a stupidly OP horrible character that was also an avatar of a Wild God. Read Shadows of the Horde, human there is not a special snowflake but still high in Alliance army ranks.
    Pretty sure you can't judge the strength of humans from this nameless human of that novel. Like who are the humans that are so weak that voljin thinks less of them? Khort, bwomsamdi's soul collecting murder proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
    Pretty sure you can't judge the strength of humans from this nameless human of that novel. Like who are the humans that are so weak that voljin thinks less of them? Khort, bwomsamdi's soul collecting murder proxy?
    Exactly. Vol’jin’s memory quest gives us a view on human capabilities, from a jungle troll perspective. They are weak and fragile. It didn’t make Vol'jin see Khort as less then him. In fact it started a new way of thinking for that troll, a way that grew out of a knowledge that someone so fragile and physically inferior is still going all around the world, fighting for their place in it.
    And yes, we can. In fact we should do just that. A relatively simple character is a much better example to judge physical capabilities of his race over, then someone with supernatural powers.
    Last edited by Kwento; 2018-07-29 at 02:09 PM.