Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would either go with Assa, MfD, leeching, shoulders and belt.
    Or with sub if the teleport still works with shoulders and belt.

I was playing sub with boot+insignia, the mobility makes up for kill time, but swapped to sin with shoulder+insignia/sephuz, with t21, things die too fast to matter anyways.
    In BfA il probably start with same legendaries.

Getting on topic..

I am lvling a rogue from start, its lvl 26 already.

Better sin or outlaw?
    I mostly do quests but sometimes dg/bg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Getting on topic..

I am lvling a rogue from start, its lvl 26 already.

Better sin or outlaw?
    I mostly do quests but sometimes dg/bg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doesn't matter. This is truly one of the times where "play what you want" is valid. Unless you're going to be mythic raiding on your rogue, it doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 29 on my rogue now and switched to Sub from Assa at lvl28 for BGs, having a good time sofar, will try Outlaw later tho to see how it is in BGs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    I would either go with Assa, MfD, leeching, shoulders and belt.
    Or with sub if the teleport still works with shoulders and belt.
    Idk why but belt + envenom out of stealth doesnt work! With or without the leg belt its the same damage.
    Atleast theyve fixed the nightstalker + envenom bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Idk why but belt + envenom out of stealth doesnt work! With or without the leg belt its the same damage.
    Atleast theyve fixed the nightstalker + envenom bug.
    The belt is not "30% more dmg" but "30% extra damage". It's an own source.

I was thinking that using the shoulders and Soul of the Shadowblade maybe pretty good as any spec. Using vigor and mfd you could instakill any mobs if the mfd>finisher does'nt end them you have the energy to get some more abilty's off in the crit window. The only thing that would really outweigh that would be mobility between mobs if plain mfd>finisher does the job right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by declovich View Post
    I was thinking that using the shoulders and Soul of the Shadowblade maybe pretty good as any spec. Using vigor and mfd you could instakill any mobs if the mfd>finisher does'nt end them you have the energy to get some more abilty's off in the crit window. The only thing that would really outweigh that would be mobility between mobs if plain mfd>finisher does the job right?
    Considering Shoulders mandatory for all spec, imo Sephuz for Outlaw is too good for not to use it: haste/movement speed buff and easy proc during questing is OP.

I'm not sure on the best legy combo for Assa, Shoulders? and? Anyway is the slowest levelling spec overall and is not my first choice...

Soul ring could be a bit useful for Sub, but Shoulders+Cloak have incredible aoe burst and imo win again MfD.

Deleted
    I know its all been said. But heres my thoughts or what ill be using.

Sephuz, for me is the strongest, flat run speed increase and essentially proc every 30 seconds, if playing Assasination, Garrotte procs the buff, sp its up all the time when off CD and overall has pretty good stats for all specs.

Kiljaedens: Solid stat stick, and AoE clear on a fairly short CD pretty solid choice also.
    Insignia: Same reasons as Kiljaeden, less burst but passive cleave which works fairly well, even more so with the Blade Flurry changes.

There are a few leggos that do help, though Rogues dont really need the buffs compared to other classes for fluidity, Warriors for example gain huge benefits such as triple leap and such.

Anyhow, these 3 for me are solid choices, enjoy the bfa grind

I'm playing assassin right now with the mantle of master assassins and dreadlord's deceit. FoK talent shreds packs in one hit from stealth and I'm killing single mobs in 3-4 GCDs since the nerf.

Deleted
    As was already stated dont bother with the neck choice as it would be fill early on with Heart of azeroth. Next its up to you to fill the head/chest or shoulder spot with another big item. So that leaves with a sephuz spot mantle/kiljaeden as an Outlaw for me.

Currently I only have Ravenholdt, crown, and KJ. I'll be buying something else this week and it'll probably be Sephuz. While I'll probably go Sephuz and KJ for leveling but I'm unsure if I should spec to assassin or not. Mfd envenom is still decent enough but hopefully I get either Sephuz or shoulders from a chest before I spend essences on Sephuz.

Still uncertain about spec though, maybe without mantle I should go outlaw instead.
    Top 100.

Azerite shoulders > mantle

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Azerite shoulders > mantle
    True but that'll be the last piece I get anyway.
    Top 100.

Honestly, rogues this expansion are probably the most overpowered when it comes to leveling. Assassination spec basically one shots every mob and there's no cooldown for it as long as you manage to engage no more than 1-2 enemies at a time. Use the shoulders and waist for that. Marked for death + envenom every time and a mutilate if they aren't dead. Blizzard gave a lot of burst bonuses tied to stealth which are easily taken advantage of for quest type combat.

My LFR geared rogue was beating my mythic geared ret pally by far. The only leg up the pally has on rogues is they can aggro a bunch of mobs and AoE them down easier than rogues.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2018-08-09 at 04:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Currently I only have Ravenholdt, crown, and KJ. I'll be buying something else this week and it'll probably be Sephuz. While I'll probably go Sephuz and KJ for leveling but I'm unsure if I should spec to assassin or not. Mfd envenom is still decent enough but hopefully I get either Sephuz or shoulders from a chest before I spend essences on Sephuz.

Still uncertain about spec though, maybe without mantle I should go outlaw instead.
    Shoulders are by wwwaaay the best legendary.
    It doubles your damage , mobs are dieing before the buffs ends/geting one shoted.
    You shouldnt get sephuz before shoulders!
    Last edited by mmoc96ce41db5d; 2018-08-09 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Shoulders are by wwwaaay the best legendary.
    It doubles your damage , mobs are dieing before the buffs ends/geting one shoted.
    You shouldnt get sephuz before shoulders!
    Hmm thanks. I have a DK alt to level too and it's so slow that my whole mindset is sephuz on everything, but rogue is so quick that maybe I should rethink it.

Shoulders and KJ should be pretty good.
    Top 100.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    So far, i think i'm going with Subtlety, talent Subterfuge and use Mantle of the Master Assassin. It might not be the best, but i really enjoy it. It makes Shadowstrike hit like a truck when getting out of stealth and when using Shadow Dance.
    Last edited by Zoyas; 2018-08-09 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    going assa with mark for death, legendary shoulders and belt, nightstalker seems like a good idea to one-shot every mob out of stealth and reset.