Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I was gonna just go destro all the way but from reading in here I think I'll give Afflic a shot early on, before switching over.
    Yes, I think that the best way to rush 120 will be to begin as affliction from 110 to 116, then switch to destruction. Btw, destruction has the new pvp talent Bane Of Havoc, which allow us to pull a lot of people --> bane of havoc --> Chaos Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    It's sad how blah casters have become in video games. Far from just WoW, casters in almost every game I play are tuned way too much like ranged melee with penalties, it is boring.
    Totally right. The feeling of those dangerous nukes has all but disappeared, now it's a stream of various elements that do the damage, maybe it's better for gameplay, but it lost that awesome feeling of throwing big, huge (and dangerous) spells towards opponents.
    Chaos Bolt during MoP was a nice exception, I admit

Deleted
    Its meele classes who have the big nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    Totally right. The feeling of those dangerous nukes has all but disappeared, now it's a stream of various elements that do the damage, maybe it's better for gameplay, but it lost that awesome feeling of throwing big, huge (and dangerous) spells towards opponents.
    Chaos Bolt during MoP was a nice exception, I admit
    It's not that. Casters do damage, it's just that melee has so many tools to stop it whereas for some reason casters don't get disarms baseline and similar access to stuns.

If casters had as much CC and disarms as melee have it would be a lot more even to disable melee during their spike attempts and counterpressure them.

Maybe mages are fine, but warlocks, spriests, shamans, and balance druids should definitely have disarms on 20-25 sec cd's. So should hunters.

You can run Destro the whole way and do fine and make great time as well.

Also remember you are going to encounter warmode 5 mans who love nothing better than griefing purple dots. Not that anyone should be able to 1v3+ but blizz has spent multiple expansions teaching melee to tunnel locks and this one is perhaps a rougher than usual start to pvp with real rewards for staying gankable. Moral of the story...if ANYONE is going to get picked on, its the lock. So prepare to level without warmode, especially if you do it with the masses.

Plus the first 5 levels as aff you are squishy AF in terms of pvp...

Affliction is such an amazingly dull spec. It feels like total shit with reap souls malefic grasp gameplay gone.

I can only see destro being sorta enjoyable even as bland as it is because affliction and demonology have a humongous damage ramp up and none of the damage payoffs for having such a huge ramp up. Doesn't help none of the specs do worthwhile aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Yup, tried it out,

Affliction with infinite corruption + sacc ring. Tag as many quest npcs you can, run away, loot. And do it again.
    It's weird, wowhead is saying that the ring doesn't increase the value of corruption if you have taken the talent absolute corruption ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It's not that. Casters do damage, it's just that melee has so many tools to stop it whereas for some reason casters don't get disarms baseline and similar access to stuns.

If casters had as much CC and disarms as melee have it would be a lot more even to disable melee during their spike attempts and counterpressure them.

Maybe mages are fine, but warlocks, spriests, shamans, and balance druids should definitely have disarms on 20-25 sec cd's. So should hunters.
    i totally agree with this

i don't understand why in pvp a caster take million of counters, but melee don't take any disarm.

melee output damage and CC are tooooo strong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Also remember you are going to encounter warmode 5 mans who love nothing better than griefing purple dots. Not that anyone should be able to 1v3+ but blizz has spent multiple expansions teaching melee to tunnel locks and this one is perhaps a rougher than usual start to pvp with real rewards for staying gankable. Moral of the story...if ANYONE is going to get picked on, its the lock. So prepare to level without warmode, especially if you do it with the masses.

Plus the first 5 levels as aff you are squishy AF in terms of pvp...
    So putting warmode on isn't worth ?

You won't meet any of the opposing faction during xpac launch as it requires max level to go to each other's continent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    You won't meet any of the opposing faction during xpac launch as it requires max level to go to each other's continent.
    Nah, you can get there after 4 or 6 levels, I forget which - but the number of people who actually do that and sacrifice leveling speed to pvp will be miniscule, whereas your home continent will be filled with your own faction making it an absolute stompfest if anyone shows up.

I imagine a few stealth classes will be lurking around but it'll be a tiny minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Yeah. Do that in BFA and you’ll die.

- - - Updated - - -

As it is yes. But numbers are very likely to change before launch. Demo might be made viable by not being totally undertuned. Take the Felguard. Right now he’s more squishy than a puppy.

Well have to wait and see.
    will go as destro but still hoping demo will get a little buff in the numbers as it is the most fun spec and at the end this is a game its supposed to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    When people have anything to say positive about class gameplay in vanilla WoW compared to other xpacs it makes it really simple to me to discard any further opinions from them as worthless rose-tinted glasses bullshit.
    so i guess u haven't played 2h-enhancer with op windfury procs to oneshot pplc cause that was freaking hilarious

Deleted
    All 3 specs looks fine for leveling, just pick one based in ur playstile preference.

i leveled to about 115 as demo and while the playstyle was fun, i was just getting wrecked. if i had 2 or maybe 3 mobs on my felguard he just melted and then once he was dead i followed. I have never died so much while leveling a character before. And these were just normal mobs like "wolf" and "crow". I read all the guides because surely i was doing something wrong because everyone says demo is the best. I was playing how i was supposed to be but my damage going out was just not keeping up at all with the damage coming in. I couldnt even keep up my Felguard with blood funnel in those situations and for normal mobs i found that really undertuned feeling.

I then switched to Destro and it was night and day. My voidwalker barely took any damage and i was just melting shit. When Havoc was off CD it was even faster.

I will definitely be leveling as destro. But as for fun the PLAYSTYLE of demo is amazing....just sooooo many CDs. It may not be fun for mythic raiding.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2018-08-06 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    It's weird, wowhead is saying that the ring doesn't increase the value of corruption if you have taken the talent absolute corruption ?
    Easily proven false. Run up to a dummy, equip ring, talent Siphon Life and tag it with Corruption (357, 357, 359, 359, 357, 359, 357, 357, 359)

Now talent AC and tag it with Corruption (413, 413, 411, 411, etc etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    LOL, no. Death Bolt even hits harder that than wet noodle.
    No it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Logs tell a different story than your feelings.

Standing at a dummy, with the regular Death Bolt (not the 5UA DG monster) I'm hitting for 5.8k. That's a hair above my 5.6k CB. If we're talking the 'max out DoT duration, dump 5x UA, DG and let on rip' we're talking 3x CB easily.

The last time CB was a heavy-hitter was MoP.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2018-08-06 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No it doesn't.

Spec properly and it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water