Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Personally, I think it's kinda neat how our artifacts are getting replaced because they lost all their power to the giant sword sticking out of the planet. They are no longer the powerful artifacts that they previously were. Goes nicely with the storyline.
    I'm not contradicting the ideas expressed in this thread--they are all well and true--but I actually am disappointed that Blizzard went with this decision. It was certainly not a surprise but I had hoped they might change their mind. I thought they might hellforge (say) the artifacts instead, transforming them to something new while preserving what was nice about the system: namely new powers every expansion. I admit the one weapon per spec was highly problematic but they could have solved that by making all artifacts level together or something similar.

They went another way and I think it's something of a pity. The neck in no way excites me as much as the artifact weapons did--it's basically the ring all over (yawn)--and they really, really, REALLY needed a method of temporarily adding powers and abilities to specs that will be gone the next expac. Or, of course, might become permanent at the expense of another old ability.

And artifacts could have done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog it and stop bitching.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Its happened with a lot of the expansions. People dropped Shadowmourne for the first greenie they found. I just wasnt expecting this for the pre patch. Makes for a good catchup for alts i guess.
    Shadowmoourne was fine until normal dungeons in Cata if I recall correctly. I discarded mine right away because it had accidental aoe and back then you had to use CC in a dungeon, terrible times.

But yeah, items get outdated. Nothing new here. And no, you won't replace your gear via these WQs unless it's below antorus normal. Everything's fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    wait so bfa hasnt even dropped yet and artifact weapons are being replaced? Thats pretty shitty...I havent logged in for the last week or so, this is all news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The ones I received were 190 or 195. Not 210.
    They upped the ilvls a few times yesterday. It's 210 now

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too fussed by this. Catch up gear and replacing Artefacts was going to happen anyways. The best thing I saw was someone replacing their weapon on the day of the pre-patch with a Mythic Scythe of the Unmaker
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I don't give a shit. Artifact is drained, it gets replaced. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i'm seeing this a lot today and i don't know what people expected. When Legion was announced i had friends going crazy about the whole 'and you get an ashbringer' deal. But i said 'think about it, you can't keep it forever so you know its going to be depowered at the end and replaced with a quest green'. Which naturally lead to the usual 'dont be a cynical hater troll' you get with some people nowadays but that was that.

Now Legions over, of course they depowered the weapons and a lot of people that didnt chase raiding or mythic+ are replacing their artefact with something marginally better.

While getting very upset that they have to.

So what were these people expecting to happen?
    i guess my 250 scythe of Elune was safe.

but they can titanforge to 265 BTW,

mate got a 255 spear for his guardian, i was like WTF
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always been like this.....every expansion.

It was a shock in TBC if you raided pretty far in Vanilla.
    After that it you just got used to it
    Last edited by Molis; 2018-07-26 at 12:15 AM.

What's dumb that the WQs has a 24 hour CD in darkshore, if you're unlucky you wont see a single weapon reward for days..

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? If people have traded their artifact with those darkshore weapons, they either were very lucky with a giant titanforge or they haven't played shit because even without a single day I haven't traded it on any class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

Hati won't be mourned. Utterly braindead piece of crap pet.
    Amen to that! I said in another thread that I wished I could have watched Hati dissolve into Sargeras’ weapon, or just thrown him into it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i'm seeing this a lot today and i don't know what people expected. When Legion was announced i had friends going crazy about the whole 'and you get an ashbringer' deal. But i said 'think about it, you can't keep it forever so you know its going to be depowered at the end and replaced with a quest green'. Which naturally lead to the usual 'dont be a cynical hater troll' you get with some people nowadays but that was that.

Now Legions over, of course they depowered the weapons and a lot of people that didnt chase raiding or mythic+ are replacing their artefact with something marginally better.

While getting very upset that they have to.

So what were these people expecting to happen?
    Idiots. Ignore them and move on. Nothing really to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    What's dumb that the WQs has a 24 hour CD in darkshore, if you're unlucky you wont see a single weapon reward for days..
    20 hours actully.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Always been like this.....every expansion.

It was a shock in TBC if you raided pretty far in Vanilla.
    After that it you just got used to it
    TBC was a huge gap though, it was reduced over the expansions, to where you might have kept your raiding gear for almost half the leveling experience. But year TBC, the first greens were way better than any of my raiding gear.

Thank god, screw the artifact.

Like others have said, when they announced artifact they said they would only stick around for Legion. I already replaced mine on a few toons. Not a big deal.

Deleted
    My Priest's artifact is gone and I'm pretty happy about it. I can finally use some different mogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I'm not contradicting the ideas expressed in this thread--they are all well and true--but I actually am disappointed that Blizzard went with this decision. It was certainly not a surprise but I had hoped they might change their mind. I thought they might hellforge (say) the artifacts instead, transforming them to something new while preserving what was nice about the system: namely new powers every expansion. I admit the one weapon per spec was highly problematic but they could have solved that by making all artifacts level together or something similar.

They went another way and I think it's something of a pity. The neck in no way excites me as much as the artifact weapons did--it's basically the ring all over (yawn)--and they really, really, REALLY needed a method of temporarily adding powers and abilities to specs that will be gone the next expac. Or, of course, might become permanent at the expense of another old ability.

And artifacts could have done that.
    I 100% agree with you. I loved my artifact weapons, and would have actually enjoyed keeping them. It would have been awesome if Blizz built on them each x-pac instead of tossing them away. They could've gotten new skins, new abilities, new stuff in general. So much potential...

And yeah, a necklace is super boring. 100% agree there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an awful thing to just rip the proverbial bandaid off now.