Thread: Release date

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Plus they always need positive news.
    Ever the cynic as always.

Deciding when to make announcements like this is a question of strategy. The post I was responding to suggested that they announced it too early and that they should have waited until Classic was closer to becoming a reality. In some ways I'd agree. Announcing Classic as early as they did they have allowed the excitement for it to start turning into negativity. From that perspective it would have been better had they waited another year.

Blizzard aren't that desperate for good news that they would make an announcement like this prematurely for that reason, knowing full well that it will ultimately cause more negativity in the long run. They needed to announce Classic early because it was becoming increasingly difficult for Blizzard to protect their IP from pirate servers because those pirate servers were arguing that their product, being Vanilla, was substantively different from the product that Blizzard was offering. By announcing Classic, Blizzard have effectively neutered that argument.

I think Classic servers will go live on WoWs 15th birthday (end of 2019).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    What a way to "unlock" a thread.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by nyeh View Post
    kinda lame its taking this long to release when people have private servers out there.
    Yeah, shame for them wanting to do everything right and listening to so many divided communities on such heavily discussed topics on a weekly basis

OT though, Idk and Idc. Most are going to drop it within first 6 months anyways. Whenever BfA has its content drought towards the end, so late 2019/2020. Idk
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I approve of this thread

I hope Blizcon will have an Alpha Anouncement for later this year. Mid BfA as a release date still seems like the most reasonable assumption.
    Alpha started? Invites went out weeks ago?

Second half of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Alpha started? Invites went out weeks ago?
    Like a family and friends one? Didn't see anything, yet and a quick google search mostly had topics like "is this from a secret alpha or not?"
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

It will release when the BfA content drought kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    There is STILL TIME! :P
    Don't worry in 5 days he will say that his prediction was truthfully September.....it has to be September........Still waiting for you to tell us your were wrong in 5 days. Just like on everything else........you have swung and missed on.

I was hoping for 2018 but from what we've been told it's way off, so 15th Anniversary looks like a probable date.

Wont hear anything new until at least Blizzcon.

Considering they're unsure what direction they're even taking it, I imagine it'll be a fair while off.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    This is looking more likely which is a real shame. I stopped playing on private servers because I was willing to wait a bit less than a year for Classic. I don't know about 2 years.
    thinking it would be anytime around when a new xpac was launching would seem to be foolish.

also, i find it funny that people are angry with bliz for not pushing BfA back but are also mad that they wont rush out classic.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    thinking it would be anytime around when a new xpac was launching would seem to be foolish.

also, i find it funny that people are angry with bliz for not pushing BfA back but are also mad that they wont rush out classic.
    No one knew when BfA was coming out last Blizzcon, which is the timeframe I was referring to. They could cancel BfA for all I care as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Would make a lot of sense. Would be 15 months into BfA and right around the holidays.
    Yeah, we already would have gotten the last content patch of BfA and it would fill the gap until the expansion after BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Don't worry in 5 days he will say that his prediction was truthfully September.....it has to be September........Still waiting for you to tell us your were wrong in 5 days. Just like on everything else........you have swung and missed on.
    You think I care if my prediction doesn't come true? Being wrong isn't a bad thing...

As Thomas Edison said: "I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work."

Only the weak are afraid of being wrong. Those with fragile egos. You know what I mean... right?

During the next content drought, so probably summer 2020

Why are people so convinced that they'll actually sit on it for more than two weeks before releasing it, ESPECIALLY sit on it until a content drought happens when Blizzard knows they can release it whenever because most people interested in Classic don't care what's happening in retail, content-wise? At most they'll delay it a few weeks to launch alongside a major content patch, but considering I could see them doing a two or three week PTR run to see if they may have missed anything when porting the code over that seems unlikely to me.

Classic will launch when it's ready. No sooner nor No later.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    You think I care if my prediction doesn't come true? Being wrong isn't a bad thing...

As Thomas Edison said: "I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work."

Only the weak are afraid of being wrong. Those with fragile egos. You know what I mean... right?
    Except you don't use logic when making predictions......so your predictions are more of a wild dream because calling them a guess is just insulting.....And that is the difference between you and Edison he used logic and made educated predictions to you throw a dart at a board method and then trying to justify it with details that are completely wrong and fabricated.....please crawl back into your hole and reappear when there is an announcement because you contribute nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Why are people so convinced that they'll actually sit on it for more than two weeks before releasing it, ESPECIALLY sit on it until a content drought happens when Blizzard knows they can release it whenever because most people interested in Classic don't care what's happening in retail, content-wise? At most they'll delay it a few weeks to launch alongside a major content patch, but considering I could see them doing a two or three week PTR run to see if they may have missed anything when porting the code over that seems unlikely to me.

Classic will launch when it's ready. No sooner nor No later.
    That is where you are wrong, there is lots of interest from live players.......So yes they will not want to compete with major content releases within wow. Because sitting on it does not hurt them in the end because there is a given timeline for player population spike and gradual reduction in population as content dries up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post

Well bfa is far from finished and with private servers running the game already it feels weird it takes a big company like blizzard so long to get their shit together
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-07-27 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    That is where you are wrong, there is lots of interest from live players.......So yes they will not want to compete with major content releases within wow. Because sitting on it does not hurt them in the end because there is a given timeline for player population spike and gradual reduction in population as content dries up.
    Classic will still be there for the live players who want to play once they run out of stuff to do on live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    Well bfa is far from finished and with private servers running the game already it feels weird it takes a big company like blizzard so long to get their shit together
    Except they way they do it is pretty shit and wouldn't work well for an actual game release. Blizzard is doing it right... it's just that in order to do it right it takes time. More time than those scam servers would ever attempt to put in.