Thread: Thrall and BFA

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Thrall and BFA

While looking at Battle for Azeroth it reminded me of this picture I found "https://www.google.com/search?q=battle+for+azeroth+poster+thrall&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b-ab&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=rScdVz6ImI8XdM%253A%252Crgz1rwjTjIve-M%252C_&usg=__d8FHnR9DktSlRdyOon-dAaIZFS4%3D&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjuw82W1MPcAhVWHzQIHameBWwQ9QEwAnoECAUQCA#imgrc=rScdVz6ImI8XdM: ". Since we know what Sylvanas, Anduin, and Jaina are doing in BFA brings the question if they plan anything with Thrall.

What would be Thralls part in bfa in he has any?

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing. Duplicate.

Closed the other one. This one is good to go.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    While looking at Battle for Azeroth it reminded me of this picture I found "https://www.google.com/search?q=battle+for+azeroth+poster+thrall&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b-ab&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=rScdVz6ImI8XdM%253A%252Crgz1rwjTjIve-M%252C_&usg=__d8FHnR9DktSlRdyOon-dAaIZFS4%3D&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjuw82W1MPcAhVWHzQIHameBWwQ9QEwAnoECAUQCA#imgrc=rScdVz6ImI8XdM: ". Since we know what Sylvanas, Anduin, and Jaina are doing in BFA brings the question if they plan anything with Thrall.

What would be Thralls part in bfa in he has any?
    It seems like his role was cut from BFA because Metzen who voices him injured himself during the high time of development and couldn't come in to voice thrall. Google Metzen and back injury.

Edit: His role ingame was taken over by rohkan.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-07-29 at 07:30 AM.

Maybe they gave up their ideas... Plenty of the same things happened on the Blizzcon before.

Sucks to hear that happened but Rokhan guess they're setting him as a troll leader since he has had more spotlight than Vol'jin ever did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought he was supposed to take Vol'jin's ashes to Zandalar but maybe Rokhan will do that now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine he'll pop up and try and bring sense to Sylvanas. Maybe.

I dunno.

I'd wait at least another patch, maybe two, and see if he doesn't show up by then.

If not, then I guess he's not showing. Not like all of these stories need to play out immediately. Five character stories are a fair bunch and so it'd make sense to start some a little later on, stagger them a little.

But as for what he'd do in Battle? Return to keep Sylvanas in check, lead the Horde's efforts in healing Azeroth, become the orc leader if Saurfang decides to not give a damn, who knows. Again, we'll see in a patch or two whether he'll make an actual appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It seems like his role was cut from BFA because Metzen who voices him injured himself during the high time of development and couldn't come in to voice thrall. Google Metzen and back injury.

Maybe after Metzen has healed Thrall will show up with more importance, And possibly using the new straight back Orc model

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

Not true. Metzen suffered minor injuries but nothing serious, and has in fact already provided his voice as King Varian Wyrnn for quests in 8.0.1.

The quest to "save Vol'jin's soul" (which will probably be more like quest to help Vol'Jin ascend as a Loa) isn't in the game yet, and clearly will be added as major story content later. You do a lead up quest chain (that you cannot unlock until you have completed all of the major storyline quests in Zuldazar) to a point and then it stops. Obviously it will be concluded later, and having done the quests myself there's no reason to think Thrall couldn't be involved, in fact it would make a lot of sense that he would be.

Bottom line is per datamined Varian voice-over ll this "Thrall is good as dead and Metzen isn't coming back talk" is pretty much pure tin foil hat nuttery. There hasn't even really been an appropriate place in the story to bring Thrall in.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-07-29 at 05:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Not true. Metzen suffered minor injuries and already recovered and in fact has already provided his voice as King Varian Wyrnn for quests in 8.0.1. The quest to actually save Vul'jin's soul is not part of the game yet. You do a lead up quest chain to that point and it stops. Obviously it will be concluded later. All this "Thrall is good as dead and Metzen isn't coming back talk" is pure tin foil hat nuttery. There hasn't even been an appropriate place in the story to bring Thrall in.
    Which quests exactly?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Which quests exactly?
    Beats me, I haven't lvl'd as Alliance on BFA beta so can't tell you much about that quest experience, I just linked the datamined voice over.

Beats me, I haven't lvl'd as Alliance on BFA beta so can't tell you much about that quest experience, I just linked the datamined voice over.
    I think they’re from the Blighted Lands stuff with Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Which quests exactly?
    Where you save Jaina in Thros.

OT : His role seems to have been replaced by Saurfang. But with all the Jaina development, I wouldnt be surprised if he pops in a future content patch.

My best guess goes to Thrall being a victim of Jaina's rage against the horde, being struck down by her when he tries to bring peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think they’re from the Blighted Lands stuff with Jaina.
    Yes that makes sense. Varian specifically refers to the Battle for Undercity event from WOTLK, so he's clearly talking to Jaina.

I just hope they finally finish this pathetic green jesus character with some non-important questline without even a cinematic.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    My best guess goes to Thrall being a victim of Jaina's rage against the horde, being struck down by her when he tries to bring peace.
    I could see it coming to blows and it would make sense for the story to go there, but if it did Rexxar would be pushed over the edge. He's already in-game in Stormsong Valley talking about killing her is he has to cuz in the Horde's eyes she's already gone too far. I mean Garrosh is dead and none of the active Horde characters had anything to do with what happened to Theramore.

I remember Varian being dead and all that stuff. How is he in BfA then!?!? I mean, he has a big ass memorial in Stormwind. He IS dead, or is he?