Poll: Would you play on horde if it turned to be the "bad guys" faction?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    #ImWithHer
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

IDGAF honestly, racial appearance and lore matter more to me than faction lore. I play both factions regularly and have alternated for years. That being said, I felt legit weird slaughtering my way through Ashenvale on my Tauren Druid and might go Alliance this time around.

Who would play Horde in expectation to be "the good guys"?

Also, what's the problem? We live in cynical, weak-minded, short-sighted, fearful, reactionary, blame your neighbor, "don't take no shit" times. It's perfectly cool and expected to prefer villains, simpletons and chest-thumpers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    Thats not enterelly truth... We don't murder other HUMANS so we have our cubs... but we do genocide a lot of other species, so we can grow our childrens healthy... I don't think Sylvanas (I, as undead, in may char, of course) sees humans, trolls, orcs, worgen, gnomes (specially gnomes) as my same specie.

And nope... not enough people dying for natural causes... game doesn't show too much of those.
    And yes, she needs the Valkyr... we are working some walkarounds to solve that...
    Ah yes, because to rear children we need to commit genocide. What a sound line of logic and reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Would you play on horde if it turned to be the "bad guys" faction?
    The Horde has always been the bad guys... not a new development. Oh wait, you bought into to the whole "noble savage"? Wow, propaganda does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

What do you mean 'if' ?

good luck to pvp if everyone going alliance side >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    my life for the the Forsaken!
    Death to all the living!
    All hail the Banshee queen!

Depends. The orc style of 'bad guys' I am okay with; they are conquerors, but at least have some sense of honor, and are something you can be proud to be a part of.

The kind Sylvanas has created, is just shameful. She sacrifices her own people on a while and gleefully encourages horrors commited on her enemies, sometimes even her own people. I disliked Garrosh, but even Garrosh in his worst days has nothing on Sylvanas's practices.

I'd prefer to have a leader like Vol'jin; sadly, good things never last. Maybe I'll end up being right about Saurfang being the next (and largely final) Warchief. He's not perfect, but he's the ideal leader for the Horde -- honorable, but doesn't let anyone or anything run over him. Including Sylvanas.

Deleted
    For those of you going "It's never been the bad guy faction" just look at the design of the Horde's Races. From the very release of WoW Horde had Orcs, Undead, Trolls and Tauren all of which are associated in one way or another to horror/evil things outside of WoW.

I'm a Horde player and its been obvious from the get go The Horde were designed as the bad guys.

Stop kidding yourself. "Moral Grey" is Blizzards way of appeasing to the snowflakes of 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    They are the evil faction.... From the alliance point of view. Alliance is the evil faction from horde point of view.

Nothing more to it than that
    Alliance unfortunately hasn't done anything evil whatsoever this expansion. Quite the opposite, actually. Last expansion. Greymane attacked Sylvanas just to change things up; I mean, how many times do you need to play the victim before see the writing on the wall?

I'm sure Alliance has done terrible, horrible things to the Horde though, like making peace with them and getting killed and betrayed for it. How dare they do... uh... I think Greymane said something mean to Sylvanas, that counts right?

For the record, I'd love to see the Alliance do something cruel to the Horde, it would be a nice change of pace from constantly playing the gullible victim.

I only have a few horde to play with friends from time to time otherwise im all alliance. Ive always been a person that cherishes justice equality and peace and alliance is more in line with who i am. Plus human is the only race that looks normal lol

Yes.

I'm not interested to be playing the boring, generic, "we're teh good guis!"-faction. I love the Dwarves, but they're about the only redeeming factor of the Alliance. I get bored out of my mind with the aesthetics and races after a while.

Hell, the Alliance can't even kill enemy soldiers infringing upon their lands when they're sitting ducks... they just "incapacitate" them... *projectile vomit*.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    For those of you going "It's never been the bad guy faction" just look at the design of the Horde's Races. From the very release of WoW Horde had Orcs, Undead, Trolls and Tauren all of which are associated in one way or another to horror/evil things outside of WoW.

I'm a Horde player and its been obvious from the get go The Horde were designed as the bad guys.

Stop kidding yourself. "Moral Grey" is Blizzards way of appeasing to the snowflakes of 2018.
    Savage =/= evil

Nothing the Tauren have ever been (Aside from the Grimtotem, who aren't even truly a part of the Horde nor ever were) were even remotely evil. They are one of the most noble races in the entire history of the game.

Even the Darkspear trolls gave up their worst practices upon joining the Horde. The orcs completely changed their society upon forming the new Horde.

That leaves undead, who get away with nonsense all the time, but that's a whole other story.

It would be better than this identity crisis we seem to be having since Cataclysm honestly.

And the reason I can't bring myself to switch to Alliance despite having 14 maxed out characters will never change, and that's the fact that the Alliance is simply boring visually. All Horde races have very distinct animations and silhouettes, while for the Alliance the only race that looks drastically different from the others are the Worgen, who on the other hand have crappy animations and don't look good in most gear.

To elaborate further on the topic, I find 'evil' to be generic, boring, and bad writing. Morally grey has always been more interesting to me. Conflicting ideals. BfA is leaning towards generic black and white writing, "Good" vs "Evil". I want nothing to do with that. Varian and Garrosh were the closest things to having this; their aggression towards eachother in WotLK (aside from Garrosh acting petty as he often does) felt good. The Horde had a valid reason to dislike Varian and the Alliance, and the Alliance had valid reasons to dislike Garrosh and the Horde.

When they made Garrosh turn against the entire Horde, they made him into an irredeemable monster and ruined what little potential his character had, so that was the end of that.

All of this said, I continue to play both factions but the politics behind the Horde make it increasingly unlikely that I'll ever fully switch over because of their warchief, Sylvanas. And I say this preferring most of the Horde races and stories over the Alliance. Oh well.

Yes. The highest crime against Horde was done in Warcraft 3 when the faction was pussified and it has done irredeemable damage that to this date has it's sickness deep rooted.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Horde are the bad guys already and have been pretty solidly the bad guys for a long time, but I am completely fine playing the Horde because I don't care one bit about lore. Right now I am mostly playing the Alliance, but I can absolutely play the Horde at any time.

Death to the living.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    90% of the Horde players are Blood Elves. That says a lot.